Buying A Commercial Vehicle

Hondasteam

Just find a friend that has a Malaysian company - then register a company here with the same name, and make him a director, then can apply permit.

Does anyone know - if NOT carrying cargo, must the van use the lorry lane, or can you use the normal car lane?

thanks for the tips [grin]

why not carry a few near-empty boxes (as cargo) and use the lorry lane? It can be anything inside the boxes!! but sometimes the cargo lane has a long queue

↡ Advertisement

thanks for the tips [grin]

why not carry a few near-empty boxes (as cargo) and use the lorry lane? It can be anything inside the boxes!! but sometimes the cargo lane has a long queue

Carrying cargo must, by default pay GST right? - Wouldn't want to get into an argument with SG customs over "personal groceries" vs "company supplies" - especially for myself, as I often come back with things like a full carton of 100plus, or 5-7 packets of milk formula.

Then the lorry lane can often be jammed like shit. I would hate to spend two or three hours in such a jam, which seems possible and even likely.

Wonder if G Plate is "allowed" to use car lane if not carrying cargo - would be interesting to try.

I know I have seen a PA plate at both MY and SG private care passport clearance before...

Its illegal to use a van for personal transport..

Friend got lta summon recently, when ferrying wife to work..

Cisco copy the details n I tink lta chk against records on whether wife is a staff...

Better not play play ar...

Thread mayb monitored also...

Beware!!

Carrying cargo must, by default pay GST right? - Wouldn't want to get into an argument with SG customs over "personal groceries" vs "company supplies" - especially for myself, as I often come back with things like a full carton of 100plus, or 5-7 packets of milk formula.

Then the lorry lane can often be jammed like shit. I would hate to spend two or three hours in such a jam, which seems possible and even likely.

Wonder if G Plate is "allowed" to use car lane if not carrying cargo - would be interesting to try.

I know I have seen a PA plate at both MY and SG private care passport clearance before...

But, all passengers (except driver) must alight and clear immigration at the counter just like bus/coach right?

Cisco copy the details n I tink lta chk against records on whether wife is a staff...

Beware!!

You really think they care enough to monitor this thread? It is orders of magnitude easier just to sit outside any mall or giant parking lot over the weekend and stop the vehicles leaving. They would catch lots and lots of people.

Better still - just put out a press release that they will be doing such an operation. If they care, monitoring a thread like this is the least effective way.

They just don't care at all...

but IRAS always like to "audit" sole prop espcially......

What do you mean by "audit"?

Why the scare quotes ?

But, all passengers (except driver) must alight and clear immigration at the counter just like bus/coach right?

Dunno - I wouldn't think so, that wouldn't make sense - if like that you would need a separate parking space the other side for lorries to meet up with their passengers again.

I wonder how those school minibus do it? Do they go through the bus channel or the car channel? Go through bus lane seems really inefficient...

You really think they care enough to monitor this thread? It is orders of magnitude easier just to sit outside any mall or giant parking lot over the weekend and stop the vehicles leaving. They would catch lots and lots of people.

Better still - just put out a press release that they will be doing such an operation. If they care, monitoring a thread like this is the least effective way.

What do you mean by "audit"?

Why the scare quotes ?

It is not always easy to declare loss or small profits year after year. Very soon, they will lim kopi with you.

It is not always easy to declare loss or small profits year after year. Very soon, they will lim kopi with you.

Dun have to declare anything every year...just report zero income...

Beware!!

Huh? U mean cannot on the way fetch the wife to work then continue his business? [dizzy]

By right as the omv of a passenger van, eg Nissan van with factory passenter seats, is lower than that of a MPV eg Wish and therefore buying the former n register it as a pte veh should be cheaper than a Wish for the purpose of fetching a family of 7.

But for some reasons LTA puts in rules to make a pte plate Nissan passenger van rather costly to put on the road as advised by the dealer (I can't recall the exact figures, does anyone know the numbers?), so much for pro-families talks.

Edited by Super7

Huh? U mean cannot on the way fetch the wife to work then continue his business? [dizzy]

By right - NO.

Company vehicle only allowed to carry people in the direct carrying out of business.

Taking wife to work is not part of carrying on business.

By right - NO.

Company vehicle only allowed to carry people in the direct carrying out of business.

Taking wife to work is not part of carrying on business.

Twincharged

Just find a friend that has a Malaysian company - then register a company here with the same name, and make him a director, then can apply permit.

Does anyone know - if NOT carrying cargo, must the van use the lorry lane, or can you use the normal car lane?

Not sure of the official rules but I know my uncle who drives a PA plate Hiace bus uses the car lane when he goes in alone. He just drives through and haven't encountered any problems yet.

Edited by Nzy

Nissan%20NV200.pngNV200+6 8-STR GCP VAN EURO5

$128,912.00STARTING

PRICE

my company using this van also.....i'm using it most of the time to do despatch......

Gosh !!! don know this Nissan Van cost alkost 130k !!

my company using this van also.....i'm using it most of the time to do despatch......

Gosh !!! don know this Nissan Van cost alkost 130k !!

But this model have potential to zhng zhng abit. But the 4AT petrol with 108hp/152nm likely will struggle to pull the kerb weight of 1400kg. Such a ratio is like the Proton Exora 1.6 NA. Unless Nissan understand its commercial & tweak the final drive or something to have more low-mid range power at the expense of poor top speed. Say only 140-150 instead of the 170-180 that 100+ hp cars typically have. 1 more thing I was told was that commercial die die cannot change the stock rim. Steel rim = Steel rim non-negotiable. Unless the Van come with Alloy as stock like the MB Vito. My info is as off 2003, dunno still zhun bo.

But I was told by my ws that another ws on upper floor of the centre kana investigated due to helping its cust illegal mod. Understand its an 1.6 impreza & owner TC it........& happily spread his new found happiness online.

So maybe they know the "van type" is desperate measures by desperate families so......1 eye? I would like to believe so. [gossip] Supposedly pro family mah.... [:p] So these are the real BnB cars.... [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Baal
↡ Advertisement