Office

Beaver

Hi all,

My wife is thinking of bringing my nephew which she babysitting to my office and wait for me for lunch. Is it appropriate ? Sometimes I see my colleagues have their friend come over and sit beside them and chit chat too. My boss never say anything cos they are always not around.

We are small company abt 40 staff. Boss doesn't seems to say anything don't know is they don't know or act don't know thus my hr also never interfere.

What I wonder is if it is actually appropriate and common before I do the same thing.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

provided that they are not disturbingt your work and not get to see confidential stuff and stay in the pantry, etc

Wait outside or wait downstairs. Don't even step foot into the reception area. Keep a clear line between personal time/space/people and work time/space/people.

Personally, if it is a short while I will allow it... any way lunch time mah... why so serious?

But if they are near heavy machinery I would ask they wait in the meeting room or somewhere safer.

My nephew is 2 years old. But wifey wonder if others can y not her. She thinking to come like 2 hours before lunch. Just sit beside me quietly won't interfere others wat. I do not want to ask my boss as it might set a precedent which I don't know if it will back fire and my colleague will blame me for stirring it.

40 people in a office is not small [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

if the office culture is open, friendly and family oriented, then why no. I used to do that with ang mo boss and colleague (in my previous company small office of less than 10).

Hi all,

My wife is thinking of bringing my nephew which she babysitting to my office and wait for me for lunch. Is it appropriate ? Sometimes I see my colleagues have their friend come over and sit beside them and chit chat too. My boss never say anything cos they are always not around.

We are small company abt 40 staff. Boss doesn't seems to say anything don't know is they don't know or act don't know thus my hr also never interfere.

What I wonder is if it is actually appropriate and common before I do the same thing.

Thanks

you purposely pinch the nephew and let him cry loudly in the office, boss / HR come and kao peh you then you sabo your colleague whom whole family come, say: xxx also bring family come, you also never say anything....

then forever you will not see the colleague's family come again....

:D:D:D

My nephew is 2 years old. But wifey wonder if others can y not her. She thinking to come like 2 hours before lunch. Just sit beside me quietly won't interfere others wat. I do not want to ask my boss as it might set a precedent which I don't know if it will back fire and my colleague will blame me for stirring it.

wah... why must 2 hours? Like a bit too long leh... she sit quietly but what if the kid make noise? If just the wife... ok lah... but got kid... difficult to say... 30mins ok... 2 hours... too long

wah... why must 2 hours? Like a bit too long leh... she sit quietly but what if the kid make noise? If just the wife... ok lah... but got kid... difficult to say... 30mins ok... 2 hours... too long

totally agree.

you purposely pinch the nephew and let him cry loudly in the office, boss / HR come and kao peh you then you sabo your colleague whom whole family come, say: xxx also bring family come, you also never say anything....

then forever you will not see the colleague's family come again....

:D :D :D

maybe better if run around breaking things, tearing colleague document, throwing files, peeing on the floor [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Hi all,

Thanks

Under MOM rules & regulations, you are not allow cos should any accidents to be happen (touch wood), Who Will Be Responsible For The Injuries? [sly]

Insurance 100% will not cover as the kid is not an office staff. One has to take safety into aspect if one to bring a kids to office. A very simply injury could be hot coffee/tea spill onto the child whilst he/she is playing at your colleague's table. The child could get 1st degree burn although not life threatening. Other examples are touching of machines and get cut, knock onto table corners, slip whilst running in office or floor wet..... [sweatdrop]

In big companies, MOM advise them to have a child care centre where the parent could leave them there and work peacefully. This child care run by private company and is engaged to look after childs.

My advise, don't bring them to office and furthermore not your own child. [flowerface]

• Praise 3

Supercharged

A 2 year old and an adult behaves differently. Some is easy to control, one is not.

Your colleagues bring friends that are 2 years old too?

I'd encourage wifey family to visit and say hi - maybe sit in reception or at an empty table depending on office culture and the nature of your work.

HOWEVER - two hours is way too long...I'd say 10-20 minutes while you finish an urgent task or something is ok, but she should really aim to reach around the same time as your lunch starts.

On a related note - does anybody take their kids to office during school holidays? I do this quite regularly - get them to help out with some simple office tasks as well as assign them homework, but mind you, ours is a very small office, very family orientated and when we bring our kid, the boss will also bring his daughters and have them all there together.

I'd encourage wifey family to visit and say hi - maybe sit in reception or at an empty table depending on office culture and the nature of your work.

HOWEVER - two hours is way too long...I'd say 10-20 minutes while you finish an urgent task or something is ok, but she should really aim to reach around the same time as your lunch starts.

On a related note - does anybody take their kids to office during school holidays? I do this quite regularly - get them to help out with some simple office tasks as well as assign them homework, but mind you, ours is a very small office, very family orientated and when we bring our kid, the boss will also bring his daughters and have them all there together.

Under Workplace Safety & Health Act (WSH), you cannot ..... [sly]

You must have heard a lot of freak accidents in the papers and one never know what kind of freak accident will happen. Of which one will not imagine that such accident could not happen and it happen.... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement