PTC announces fare review/increase!

Darthrevan

Don't expand anymore then no more excuses to increase.

Then they change formula to say spare parts expensive.  [laugh]

hahaha.....sure increase wan! With the push for carlite making own transport including motorcycle an expensive proposition, public transport ridership can only increase and with that increase in demand it can only result in higher fares......go full circle for what?......just increase lar....no need to beat around the bushes and give excuses they themselves create.

action action first mah.

high SES committee you know.  [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i wish........we are coming to a dead end! Dont know how to go forward and dont have other alleys to turn right or left. Its like cannibalism.....eat your own but must still show that paradise await to foreigners so that they come and stay before there is no one left.

Then they change formula to say spare parts expensive. [laugh]

action action first mah.

high SES committee you know. [:p]

laying the groundworks for that surprise!
  • Praise 1

I wondered why they bother with all these consultant, surveys,committee.

The pattern is always the same, want to increase nothing in this universe can stop them.

I cannot understand they keep saying need more money need more taxes help the poor.

then why remove estate duty tax

• Praise 3

There was 3 decrease in fare.

The only factor that PTC included is Network Capacity Factor.

I took DTL from Geylang Bahru to Expo and it cost me 1.40.

How much cheaper do you guys expect it to be?

i wish........we are coming to a dead end! Dont know how to go forward and dont have other alleys to turn right or left. Its like cannibalism.....eat your own but must still show that paradise await to foreigners so that they come and stay before there is no one left.

laying the groundworks for that surprise!

It is time to move out.

:XD:

Each citizen already put in 3k from last year's surplus into the transport system. The question should be how much more do they need?

If dont expand then people would complain public transport too crowded and inconvenience, then how le?!

Supersonic

If dont expand then people would complain public transport too crowded and inconvenience, then how le?!

Move towards lesser population. 

Each citizen already put in 3k from last year's surplus into the transport system. The question should be how much more do they need?

Since when is enough for them?

Fare has been increasing almost every year since the 1990s.

Geylang to Expo so near.....try Pasir Ris to Orchard or best is to Jurong East or Boon Lay every day! From Woodlands to Orchard i xiao liao! You pay to get crushed by the crowd and then stand throughout the journey! I am not sure whats the fares are like.....but thinking of it makes me wanna drive even more!

Better be a quitter than to be a loser.

true.....hahaha!

Geylang to Expo so near.....try Pasir Ris to Orchard or best is to Jurong East or Boon Lay every day! From Woodlands to Orchard i xiao liao! You pay to get crushed by the crowd and then stand throughout the journey! I am not sure whats the fares are like.....but thinking of it makes me wanna drive even more!

true.....hahaha!

Nowadays when take train, hard to find a seat during peak hours la, no matter which line you take. Always stand throughout the ride de. And even buses also same.

Supersonic

Nowadays when take train, hard to find a seat during peak hours la, no matter which line you take. Always stand throughout the ride de. And even buses also same.

You take MRT you expect seats ah? Can get into it, can consider you lucky.

Move towards lesser population. 

Since when is enough for them?

Fare has been increasing almost every year since the 1990s.

Move towards lesser population? Dont think it will ever happen liao. Last heard think they are still continue to increase the population here but at a slower pace only. They always emphasis aging population, so if dont increase the population here, we will be in trouble in future?!

You take MRT you expect seats ah? Can get into it, can consider you lucky.

Precisely what i trying to mean. No matter which line you take, nowadays even off peak also no seat.

and they removed more seats to squeeze in more and yet laying the groundworks for 'fair' fare increase. Duh! They really wants to get their roi asap with all these increases.....new mrt lines, new buses, new hospitals and its coming from our pockets!

Supersonic

Move towards lesser population? Dont think it will ever happen liao. Last heard think they are still continue to increase the population here but at a slower pace only. They always emphasis aging population, so if dont increase the population here, we will be in trouble in future?!

They are not prepared with the aging population problem in the past and now shoving their problems into our throats. 

With automation happening in many of the jobs in future to spur the economy faster than human labor, why are we still bound at the obsolete idea that more people is good when more people is actually a problem instead? More people is not going to be sustainable either. I don't want to pay more taxes or serve NS for a country when half of the population are not its people born and grow up here.

Just look at how many jobs are going to lose to automation just in the airport alone. 

and they removed more seats to squeeze in more and yet laying the groundworks for 'fair' fare increase. Duh! They really wants to get their roi asap with all these increases.....new mrt lines, new buses, new hospitals and its coming from our pockets!

They find it is 'fair' for people to pay for new mrt lines, new buses, new hospital and new airport, as there is no free lunch in this world de. And if you want good standard of service and reliable public transport, you also have to pay for it.  [rolleyes]  

Edited by 13177

Supersonic

Precisely what i trying to mean. No matter which line you take, nowadays even off peak also no seat.

Take bus la

↡ Advertisement