Has anyone used an Air Fryer before?

Albeniz

never use before but to me, the concept is like BAKING, putting food inside oven and dry bake.

imagine u bake fries and chicken without oil, where got nice??

fried must use oil then is nice.

Wondering if we intentionally rub a little bit of oil on the food before air-frying it, would that improve the taste?

↡ Advertisement

never use before but to me, the concept is like BAKING, putting food inside oven and dry bake.

imagine u bake fries and chicken without oil, where got nice??

fried must use oil then is nice.

yes it's bit like baking.

chicken wing receipe suggested to add a very small amt oil to the skin though.

Like i said, its like an oven.

But i have to say that the cleanup is incredibly easy. Just remove, soak and easy to wash.

Dear Folks,

Thinking of making some fried chicken wings and French fries but have always been concerned about the amount if oil used in conventional cooking.

I was looking at some youtube videos and was quite amazed at the little amount of oil used in the air fryer.

Has anyone used this before? Would appreciate if you could share your experience.

Would the food be crispy? I am particular interested in making fried chicken and pomfret. Is this machine good?

You have ask the right person. I have personally been using the Philips air fryer for over a year, personal feedback is it is the best kitchen utensil money can buy.

You can fried chicken wing but due to the "container small size" it is best you cut the wing tip off, leave the winglet in. I did it without any oil at all as chicken itself will produce the oil from it's skin. but if you want those like KFC type, then just spray/coat a thin layer of oil onto chicken.

You can also fry chips, bread, hash browns, fish balls or even salmon in there. I even use it to cook steak, lamp chops or pork chops.

I use my air fryer practically everyday and have hundreds of uses for it. One thing i like about it is it's very fast, i usually cook my steak in 12min(medium rare), i even use it to cook roast pork cracking but need 30min though.

use baking paper below if you don't want any chicken or fish skin to stick there.

If you need any recipe, just pm me and we can exchange recipes and how to cook certain meat.

Edited by Trex101
  • Praise 4

it's like that la ... give & take

if living in MM condo ... air fryer is your best friend - fry, bake, roast, grill [thumbsup]

if you want oil ... just add a tablespoon of oil dripping on the meat

the air fryer will flush the oil to the below pan and then the hot air will circulate the oil to air fry the meat

still not as good as traditional oil dipping fry ... but better than nothing

taste not "traditionally" good but at least your MM condo is not smell like shi.t

yes it's bit like baking.

chicken wing receipe suggested to add a very small amt oil to the skin though.

Like i said, its like an oven.

But i have to say that the cleanup is incredibly easy. Just remove, soak and easy to wash.

Edited by Wt_know

yes i have to say its very fast. dunno how it preheats so fast. 3mins can supposedly reach 200 deg.

my oven takes about 8mins.

it's like that la ... give & take

if living in MM condo ... air fryer is your best friend - fry, bake, roast, grill [thumbsup]

if you want oil ... just add a tablespoon of oil dripping on the meat

the air fryer will flush the oil to the below pan and then the hot air will circulate the oil to air fry the meat

still not as good as traditional oil dipping fry ... but better than nothing

taste not "traditionally" good but at least your MM condo is not smell like shi.t

haha actually i have everything.

Built in oven.

Microwave which i've not even used once

A small oven i use for toasting bread and pastries reheating

And also an airfryer which i got as a housewarming gift frm my relative. [grin]

hot air circulation like turbo-charged ... [thumbsup]

in today fast pace living ... everything must turbo-charged if possible ... high result short time ... hehe

yes i have to say its very fast. dunno how it preheats so fast. 3mins can supposedly reach 200 deg.

Edited by Wt_know

Oven cannot match it at all, if i were to put the "roast pork cracking" in oven, it would take me 1.5hr at least and somemore might not crack. This air fryer does it in 30min and it always crack. [thumbsup]

over to Albeniz ... if you are not planning to make a feast ... just buy the small one $279 enuff liao ...

big one $479 with extra $200 (70% more) not worth it unless you have a big family

OT a bit, do you folks use the breadmaker to make your own bread too? Worth to buy a bread maker?

I know, this is an auntie thread, but who cares. :)

I use the philips 1. [thumbsup]

Fries less oily. Great for making salmon too.

Fish fingers, onion rings.

Basically makes sinful food less sinful. Worth investing.

• Praise 1

OT a bit, do you folks use the breadmaker to make your own bread too? Worth to buy a bread maker?

I know, this is an auntie thread, but who cares. :)

Make own bread too troublesome, after a while you wouldn't use it anymore.

Show you what i did with my air fryer.

post-3533-0-44978700-1390225557_thumb.jpg

post-3533-0-13078700-1390225578_thumb.jpg

post-3533-0-04313100-1390225593_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Make own bread too troublesome, after a while you wouldn't use it anymore.

Show you what i did with my air fryer.

Looks very professional.

I am sure it tastes good too!

Oven cannot match it at all, if i were to put the "roast pork cracking" in oven, it would take me 1.5hr at least and somemore might not crack. This air fryer does it in 30min and it always crack. [thumbsup]

any tips to steak? I'm curious how u do it.

So u only put the baking paper at the bottom right?

Chicken wing how long u cook for? for say 6-8 winglets

any tips to steak? I'm curious how u do it.

So u only put the baking paper at the bottom right?

Chicken wing how long u cook for? for say 6-8 winglets

i just add salt and pepper to taste, if it is cold from fridge then you have to leave it around 15min, the colder the meat is the tougher the meat will be. dry the steak with paper towel you want to cook it, not boil it. for steak no need baking paper.

i left it for 12min 200'c and sit inside for 10-15min for medium rare. also depend on the thickness of the cut. Best is choose those not too thick cut.

chicken wing i usually want it to be more crispier so around 15min or more.

Edited by Trex101

trex .... you huh ... now 10pm liao and i'm tempted to turn on my air fryer ... still got a pack of wings in the freezer ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

trex .... you huh ... now 10pm liao and i'm tempted to turn on my air fryer ... still got a pack of wings in the freezer ... lol

I normally fried some chips if watching late tv but my wife always ask me to fried fish ball instead, say it is more healthier choice.

i just add salt and pepper to taste, if it is cold from fridge then you have to leave it around 15min, the colder the meat is the tougher the meat will be. dry the steak with paper towel you want to cook it, not boil it. for steak no need baking paper.

i left it for 12min 200'c and sit inside for 10-15min for medium rare. also depend on the thickness of the cut. Best is choose those not too thick cut.

chicken wing i usually want it to be more crispier so around 15min or more.

Thanks man!

Haha Airfryer masterchef.

Will give it a go.

↡ Advertisement