Has anyone used an Air Fryer before?

Albeniz

i just add salt and pepper to taste, if it is cold from fridge then you have to leave it around 15min, the colder the meat is the tougher the meat will be. dry the steak with paper towel you want to cook it, not boil it. for steak no need baking paper.

i left it for 12min 200'c and sit inside for 10-15min for medium rare. also depend on the thickness of the cut. Best is choose those not too thick cut.

chicken wing i usually want it to be more crispier so around 15min or more.

Looks like quite a convenient tool to use.

I could imagine after coming back from work, I just need to put the meat into the machine, let it auto-cook for 15 min and then make use of the time to take a shower. The food could be immediately served after bathing.

↡ Advertisement

I supposed this oven draws more power from the GRID, eventually to your monthly bill?

its a 13amp plug. i'm sure it uses quite a bit of power. but i doubt its more than an induction cooker.

It's lazy man way of cooking actually.

ok since i got it as a gift, i will try to use it more.

Actually i just don't like to cook too much processed food with it. So i'm more interested in like wings, lol and especially your steak.

I don't want to clean up after cooking steak...

(edited)

I supposed this oven draws more power from the GRID, eventually to your monthly bill?

Considering fried chicken wings can be made with no oil, I think the slightly higher bill might be worthwhile.

Edited by Albeniz

its a 13amp plug. i'm sure it uses quite a bit of power. but i doubt its more than an induction cooker.

ok since i got it as a gift, i will try to use it more.

Actually i just don't like to cook too much processed food with it. So i'm more interested in like wings, lol and especially your steak.

I don't want to clean up after cooking steak...

i think it use around 1600w of power but since i normally use it for 15-20min, power consumption should be alright.

For cleaning up, since i use it almost everyday, i usually clean it after 3 day. Just pour boiling water and a drop of dish washer liquid into it, sit for 20min and just use brush to clean it. easy.

Facilitate-creative-kitchen-Commodity-pr

[laugh] [laugh] Chicken skin!!! Chicken... Not foreskin hor [:p]

Chicken skin...really full of oil.

Once I touch it (raw) with bare hands, I don't really want to eat it...although it taste nice when crispy.

price should be the same ... i check out courts and OG both price $279 (small) and $479 (big)

You folks bought from Harvey Norman?

Free gifts from Philips...

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/NEW-MODEL-TOP-SELLER-AIRFRYER/412986234

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/PHILIPS-CNY-PROMOTION-PHILIPS-AIR-FRYER/405042891

Anyway, Philips is an expensive brand for this. Anyone have any experience with the cheaper brands (Mistral - less than 150 SGD) or even Tefal which is equally expensive?

Oh, looks like the XL is much cheaper in the UK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DEC06XM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE). If anyone has any friends or relatives coming back from there, you can consider asking them to get it for you. UK voltage should be the same as SG but better check.

Edited by Kusje

I got one at home too. I think my mum will use like once a year only. The size too big, my HDB too small. Kitchen not enough space to put. Must store at store room. the food come out quite okay lah. But still good to sprinkle some oil to act as a coat. No oil very fast dry up the food.

Supercharged

I got Philips airfryer for less than $200.

Tried prawn paste chicken wing, fishball n muffins.

Washing is a breeze. I spray degreaser n let it sit overnight. I used coconut brush n it came off easily.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

got the XL version during the recent tangs sale. 479 plus 10% off plus 12% rebate comes with the philips gift of $50 capitaland vouchers and new moon abalone set. Works out to be pretty affordable.

Wife tried making spring rolls and samosa with it. The end product looks kinda weird, giving a pale yellowish color but is crispy and taste good. Guess the usual golden brown color that we are used to is imparted by the oil. Also tried baking some cookies in it, and results are pretty decent

got the XL version during the recent tangs sale. 479 plus 10% off plus 12% rebate comes with the philips gift of $50 capitaland vouchers and new moon abalone set. Works out to be pretty affordable.

Wife tried making spring rolls and samosa with it. The end product looks kinda weird, giving a pale yellowish color but is crispy and taste good. Guess the usual golden brown color that we are used to is imparted by the oil. Also tried baking some cookies in it, and results are pretty decent

So when's the party? [flowerface]

I got one at home too. I think my mum will use like once a year only. The size too big, my HDB too small. Kitchen not enough space to put. Must store at store room. the food come out quite okay lah. But still good to sprinkle some oil to act as a coat. No oil very fast dry up the food.

i put it on the floor. cos it discolored my solid surface from the hot air venting out. so i would only put it with wood. best is pure tile.

Probably if ur surface is granite should be ok.

I got Philips airfryer for less than $200.

Tried prawn paste chicken wing, fishball n muffins.

Washing is a breeze. I spray degreaser n let it sit overnight. I used coconut brush n it came off easily.

that's really really cheap. I think unless philips staff price, no where close to below 200. 230+ is about lowest i've heard.