Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

It's just launched in Thailand. So ours should arrive soon too I suppose.

http://paultan.org/2014/01/23/2014-honda-city-launched-in-thailand/

2014-honda-city-thailand-2-850x352.jpg2014-Honda-City-Thailand-0001-850x552.jp2014-honda-city-thailand-25-850x473.jpg2014-honda-city-thailand-13-850x427.jpg

Looks to me that a high spec City is all the car that most people would need. 6 airbags, VSA, cruise control, rear a/c. Looks like no sunroof for Thai cars unlike India. It's amazing how 'low end' cars have so much kit these days (case in point:the Kia K3)! This level of equipment used to be only in much higher end cars.

Edited by HyperTonic
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Facelift version? Design looks the same as current city?

No it's an all new car but the face looks quite similar to the current one.

The engine is an improved version of the current one though. India get a diesel version too.

2014-honda-city-thailand-47-850x346.jpg

2014-honda-city-thai-grades.jpg

Super comprehensive review from India here-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-honda-city-official-review.html

Edited by Hotnyh

Not sure if Kah will bring in a full spec version as this is better spec than the Civic. They cannot price this above the Civic and with a lower price and better spec, how are they going to sell the "kosong" Civic [sweatdrop]

• Praise 3

(edited)

Not sure if Kah will bring in a full spec version as this is better spec than the Civic. They cannot price this above the Civic and with a lower price and better spec, how are they going to sell the "kosong" Civic [sweatdrop]

This model actually will have to fill the Civic's place in India as well as the old City's. Even in Japan they no longer build a JDM Civic. It's only built for export. http://www.caradvice.com.au/92159/honda-civic-production-to-end-for-japanese-market/

But I agree, a hi spec City is better equipped than the current 1.6 low end Civic we get.

Not sure of the dimensions vs the new Altis but if they are close in size, and I can get 6 airbags, this would be my choice over the Altis (only 2 bags) for a family car. Bonus: rear a/c. Only no fancy LED/HID headlamps.

The City seems to be pitched a level up above the Vios- I suppose price will reflect that too. My guess will be one low end and one 'deluxe' model will be sold here like with the present model.

Edited by Hotnyh
  • Praise 1

This model actually will have to fill the Civic's place in India as well as the old City's.

But I agree, a hi spec City is better equipped than the current 1.6 low end Civic we get.

Not sure of the dimensions vs the new Altis but if they are close in size, and I can get 6 airbags, this would be my choice over the Altis (only 2 bags) for a family car. Bonus: rear a/c. Only no fancy LED/HID headlamps.

The City seems to be pitched a level up above the Vios- I suppose price will reflect that too.

Not only the city pitched a level up above vios. Even their civic also pitched a level up above altis. Overall honda cars always pitched a level up other jap make.

• Praise 1

This model actually will have to fill the Civic's place in India as well as the old City's. Even in Japan they no longer build a JDM Civic. It's only built for export. http://www.caradvice.com.au/92159/honda-civic-production-to-end-for-japanese-market/

The City seems to be pitched a level up above the Vios- I suppose price will reflect that too. My guess will be one low end and one 'deluxe' model will be sold here like with the present model.

The new City's wheelbase is 2600 which is smaller than the Altis 2700. The Altis should be compared with the Civic as both of them is of the same size.

The new City's wheelbase is 2600 which is smaller than the Altis 2700. The Altis should be compared with the Civic as both of them is of the same size.

City should compare with vios, and altis with civic. Guess the new city still using 1.5L engine?

City should compare with vios, and altis with civic. Guess the new city still using 1.5L engine?

Same engine with slightly better power due to tuning. But I do not foresee this to be cheap, after all it is a Honda.

• Praise 1

Same engine with slightly better power due to tuning. But I do not foresee this to be cheap, after all it is a Honda.

If its like the new 2014 Jazz 1.5 = 132ps / 155nm. Honda has done it again.

Aiya, just checked the article, same engine at 120ps/145nm.

Edited by Baal

(edited)

If its like the new 2014 Jazz 1.5 = 132ps / 155nm. Honda has done it again.

This is taken from the Indian review-

The 1.5L petrol is the diametric opposite of the diesel. It's very fast and very smooth. This SOHC engine is the same as that of the 3rd-gen City, with some improvements thrown in. The changes include different valve timing, EGR (after CAT), low tension oil seals, integrated resin intake manifold, lower friction pistons (zigzag pattern coating) and double-needle spark plugs. The cooling system has been modified with the objective of warming up the engine quickly (after a cold start). The sooner you reach operating temperature, the higher will be your fuel economy.

In its latest avatar, the 1.5L petrol makes 117 BHP (@ 6,600 rpm) and 145 Nm of max torque (@ 4,600 rpm). Compared to the outgoing car, that's a 1 BHP gain as well as 1 Nm of torque loss. The new City makes its max torque at 200 rpm lower. Because the new car is 45 kilos lighter, there is a marked improvement in the power / weight ratio (109.9 BHP / Ton vs 105.5 BHP / Ton). And this is the fully-loaded VX variant we are speaking of, lesser trim levels will enjoy an even better power-to-weight.

Fire the petrol up and the refinement is immediately obvious. It's very silent at idle. In fact, at regular driving speeds, you won't even hear the engine. Driveability is decent and, importantly, a definite step up on the 3rd-gen City. The car manages to commute fairly well in traffic conditions. No owners will be complaining of poor low end torque. It's no Etios 1.5 or Fiesta 1.6 engine though, and you'll have to drop a gear from time to time. Let the engine rpm fall too low and you'll find the response to be dull.

I drove the petrol MT after the diesel and can tell you, it's a different animal on the highway. There is a certain eagerness with the i-VTEC which is missing in the i-DTEC. Yes, with close to the best power to weight ratio in the segment, the petrol is fast. It has an incredibly revv-happy nature and quickly shoots up to 7,100 rpm. 2nd gear sees just under 100 kph before the revv-limiter kicks in. Give it some stick and you'll make rapid progress on the highway. Overtaking traffic is as simple as dropping a gear and flooring it. Power delivery is fairly linear in nature, yet the motor really comes into its own past 4,500 rpm. Throttle response is sharp too. Best part is, the car sounds sweet at high rpm and has an addictive engine note. On the expressway, the City petrol has a level of performance that can be delightfully entertaining. The engine is mated to a light clutch and slick gearshift. Even though the gear throw isn't as short as that of the i-DTEC, it is smoother to use.

Edited by Hotnyh

though Kah Motor only bring in basic version, 2 airbags one,

• Praise 1

wah!132ps

falls to CAT B laio,

who should buy [:p]

just checked article, its the same 120ps/145nm.

132 ps is still 130hp.

Though almost the same, doe comparatative purpose, 49hp = 50ps.

Hence Fit 1.3 has 100ps / 98hp Fit 1.5 has 120ps / 118hp.

So the new Jazz 1.5 2014 just scraps thru...

just checked article, its the same 120ps/145nm.

132 ps is still 130hp.

Though almost the same, doe comparatative purpose, 49hp = 50ps.

Hence Fit 1.3 has 100ps / 98hp Fit 1.5 has 120ps / 118hp.

So the new Jazz 1.5 2014 just scraps thru...

quite smart lei,

they knew LTA should not actually check every car's hp

First look at the car pics, I looked at the date posted again in case it was few years ago posting! LOL

Looks like the current model leh.

Honda new car designs seems to be dated. The Civic and now City both disappointing..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1