Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

though Kah Motor only bring in basic version, 2 airbags one,

Toyota & Mazda has raised the bar by not bring in basic version. Just look at the new Altis & Mazda 3, it's fully equipped at slightly higher price to a basic Civic. Unless they sell the City at a lower price with a basic version, else it will only attract die hard Honda fans.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

quite smart lei,

they knew LTA should not actually check every car's hp

maybe the facelift version for the new city will get that 132ps/155nm version.

Actually with the current design, they are losing out to the Koreans, or their Jap counterparts like Mazda or Toyota which is their closes rivals.

Even toyota changed their looks by a lot but looking from this, they didn't really change much. Hopefully their specs will mesh up well.

• Praise 3

Actually with the current design, they are losing out to the Koreans, or their Jap counterparts like Mazda or Toyota which is their closes rivals.

Even toyota changed their looks by a lot but looking from this, they didn't really change much. Hopefully their specs will mesh up well.

design wise only diff from Gen 3 is the line on the side & the rear end.

Hope that the non upgraded engine, paired with not that earth shaking aesthetic improvements would translate to down to earth pricing.

Could be they just buying time while waiting to unleash those 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 TC engines.

• Praise 1

design wise only diff from Gen 3 is the line on the side & the rear end.

Hope that the non upgraded engine, paired with not that earth shaking aesthetic improvements would translate to down to earth pricing.

Could be they just buying time while waiting to unleash those 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 TC engines.

If Honda Jpn can follow Honda Europe eg like the bold style of the Euro Civic, then new City will look more exciting!

• Praise 1

Despite the design, Honda City has a much better practical interior than Mazda or Toyota.

Example, Honda City has storage space under the rear passenger seat that can accommodate

an umbrella and spare shoes which is great for rainy seasons.

• Praise 2

I'm disappointed Kah doesn't bring in a basic and a hi spec variant.

I suspect they are worried that a high spec variant will cannibalise their 'spectacular' sales of the Civic. Afterall the hi spec variant would have better performance than the underpowered 1.6 Civic, rear a/c, 6 airbags probably even more cabin space...

Anyway, at the current pricing and specs... I'd rather get the deluxe Mz3!

• Praise 3

I'm disappointed Kah doesn't bring in a basic and a hi spec variant.

I suspect they are worried that a high spec variant will cannibalise their 'spectacular' sales of the Civic. Afterall the hi spec variant would have better performance than the underpowered 1.6 Civic, rear a/c, 6 airbags probably even more cabin space...

Anyway, at the current pricing and specs... I'd rather get the deluxe Mz3!

finally honda learnt lesson, new city price is not so ridiculous,

but CVT gear box??

MIT or MIJ??

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

finally honda learnt lesson, new city price is not so ridiculous,

but CVT gear box??

MIT or MIJ??

Made In Thailand of course.

• Praise 2

Made In Thailand of course.

then definitely eaten by New MZ3 lah,