Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

Hi, could use some advice if to buy a city, would u go for 1.5v lx, or sv? Is rev cam a necessity nowadays as compared to simple rev sensor, consider city is not a big car and relatively easy to reverse?

One thing to note is also the rear seat floor which is not flat, it curve upwards near to front seat, is that common among compact car?

Hi, could use some advice if to buy a city, would u go for 1.5v lx, or sv? Is rev cam a necessity nowadays as compared to simple rev sensor, consider city is not a big car and relatively easy to reverse?

One thing to note is also the rear seat floor which is not flat, it curve upwards near to front seat, is that common among compact car?

Depends lor

If your skill is good you can park without a rear camera if you are the type that cannot park without camera then get the camera variant

Always useful to have reverse cam imho
  • Praise 1

Always useful to have reverse cam imho

I heard in US it is recommended cos sometimes a child can run behind your car and you never see it because your rear mirror does not show you the area immediately behind you (blind spot) and the child is very short.

I read this about travel insurance. You buy travel insurance not for the $10 GP claim while overseas (you can claim it but it's not the main reason) but for the one time when you need a one million dollar evacuation by air ambulance if need arises.

Reverse camera is useful for parking but it's not really for your routine parking but for the one time when someone very short sneaks up behind your car and your rear mirrors cannot see it.

You might not need it for the 9 years 11 months and 29 days but on the one day in entire ten years that you need it and it save a life you will be thankful you always had it.

Reverse sensor is useful also. A reverse camera serves as a backup and lets you see what is behind cos a reverse sensor sounds when the rear of a car is in close proximity to any solid object like a pillar but it does not show if a child is hiding behind the pillar.

I keep using the child as an example cos when I drove it USA, yeah child welfare is very important and with a lot of landed areas where children can be playing i can see the reason for the emphasis on child safety.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

So have u decided on which one to go for?? Personally I will go for SV.
  • Praise 2

Hi Guys,

City user here, a gen6 bought two months ago from KM.

I don't know if its the setting issue or the alarm that is spoiled.

Normally when i lock the door using the button at the handle there will be three times of " beep beep beep" sound. 

I realized since yesterday, there is no sound when i lock the door, there is no " beep beep beep" sound anymore, but i can hear the mechanism sound that the door is lock. 

Any bros here can advise ? 

Hi Guys,

City user here, a gen6 bought two months ago from KM.

I don't know if its the setting issue or the alarm that is spoiled.

Normally when i lock the door using the button at the handle there will be three times of " beep beep beep" sound.

I realized since yesterday, there is no sound when i lock the door, there is no " beep beep beep" sound anymore, but i can hear the mechanism sound that the door is lock.

Any bros here can advise ?

Hi there, so far for mine, there will not be any beep beep beep sound if i lock using the remote. But the sound will be there everytime i use the door handle button to lock. Maybe you can go to KM to clarify?
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi there, so far for mine, there will not be any beep beep beep sound if i lock using the remote. But the sound will be there everytime i use the door handle button to lock. Maybe you can go to KM to clarify?

Same for my case, the 3 beep sounds only if I use door handle lock.

Do any of one here bought honda touch up paint before? Can share how is it and where to purchase?

Looking for NH830 lunar silver color for my car as accidentally brush the kerb and damage the paint on front bumper underside.

• Praise 1

Same for my case, the 3 beep sounds only if I use door handle lock.

Do any of one here bought honda touch up paint before? Can share how is it and where to purchase?

Looking for NH830 lunar silver color for my car as accidentally brush the kerb and damage the paint on front bumper underside.

I got a bottle of touch up paint for free at Honda Body Repair & Paint Centre at 15 Ubi Road 4. Just go there, tell them your car registration number and they’ll give you a small bottle of the correct colour for your ride.

I got a bottle of touch up paint for free at Honda Body Repair & Paint Centre at 15 Ubi Road 4. Just go there, tell them your car registration number and theyâll give you a small bottle of the correct colour for your ride.

They give touch up paint FOC?

They give touch up paint FOC?

Yup.. I don't think applicable to you.. Cos you self confess that you buay tahan chips on the paintwork. So u will respray.. Touch up paint for low ses pple like me. Edited by Buadongdong

Yup.. I don't think applicable to you.. Cos you self confess that you buay tahan chips on the paintwork. So u will respray.. Touch up paint for low ses pple like me.

Nowadays no money already.

I’m worse off low SES than you.

Yup.. I don't think applicable to you.. Cos you self confess that you buay tahan chips on the paintwork. So u will respray.. Touch up paint for low ses pple like me.

Touch up paint? For me i dont even bother to touch up. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1