Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

City still uses the older SOHC engine dating back to the previous gen 2008 Jazz 1.5/City if I am not wrong. Current Jazz 1.5 uses the newer direct injection DOHC engine. Surprisingly the JDM version of City, Grace uses this same DI DOHC engine as Jazz 1.5.

Already using the upgraded SOHC engine. Not the 2008 model.
↡ Advertisement

Already using the upgraded SOHC engine. Not the 2008 model.

You are right, apologies for the mistake, same output figures as 2008 City's powertrain led me to assume it is the same engine. It is L15Z1 used in current City and Mobilio, whereas 2008 Jazz 1.5 and City uses L15A7. 

Edited by Thecarboy302

Thanks.

My service coming up, try ask for W20.

My FC around 14km/l with eco mode n 90% expressway (but with moderate jam). One time hit got hit 16km/l.

City can achieve good FC, depending on the routes and traffic. On my previous routes on KPE, I got 16km/L to 17km/L with light traffic and cruise control.

All stock and servicing with KM.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The new DOHC has the irritating "tick tick tick" noise, often heard in Vezel, Civic, HRV.

See if u can tahan this kind of noise

City is quiet, even if you floor it (at least for my car)

Do u find occasional tick sound when stationary, like the relays switching to turn the radiator fan on/off. I get it quite often during stationary when car is very quiet.
  • Praise 1

Do u find occasional tick sound when stationary, like the relays switching to turn the radiator fan on/off. I get it quite often during stationary when car is very quiet.

The air con compressor "tick" is normal.  Every car will get it.

Civic too Low (feel like falling into the seat, rather than getting in)

Happy with 1.5cc, good fc, good hp, good enuff for small family size. A little lower road tax, insurance.

a small n nimble car for squeezing and parking. (Esp parallel)

A good workhorse for bread n butter, and still fun to drive when u want to.

I agreed.. if city can be a bit wider... it will be perfect for me.. city can be so spacious than vios.. cheap and good I think..
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Comfort

Recently took Friend vezel, find city more comfortable than Vezel. No doubt the suspension of city is still stiff, plus the car is light, get bounce around but still acceptable.

Thailand assembly

above the instrument gauges, the matching dark gray trims and the plastic above the speedometer is not uniformly assembled. (Left side not same with right side).

Servicing at Leng Kee (new bird to AD servicing)

Please use your appointment number instead of car plate number during registration to get queue ticket, its not auto link and will give u “walk in” status. Assigned a gangster service guy and say car ready only after 4hrs (lots of things happen but I’ll just stop here. Nightmare). After clear up mess and another service guy (by appointment) took over, got car in 1.5hr with complementary car wash (no swirl maks). engine oil given is Shell helix ultra 0W-30 (verbal, not recorded anywhere, Outside not like tat)

Driving

FC still stuck around 14 by instrument for 80 highway. By total mileage / litres pump in = 13.6km/l. Got sprint abit here n there to make Son “wheeee”.

The paddle shift sometime have short unusual jerk when drop gear (D5 and D4) at expressway speed. Still a nimble car to sprint.

Today start car and heard constant tick tiak tick tiak (about 1sec interval for about 10 Sec(sounds like relay but dunno what, came from center of the car, undercarriage. Maybe some channeling of exhaust recirculation to meet euro VI emission standards?)

(Note : Most pollutant during engine start up and idle, tats y NEA will fine if Engine left idling)

Car Size.

So far no dents on door as car is narrow and more clearance between vehicles (fingers cross).

Bird shit

Mention before I got glass coating and the guy came down and grind away and re apply coating. Today saw the birdshit mark still there at certain angle.... haiz..

the door of city is quite heavy, when open be careful, don’t dent your neighbour car door.

I think vezel and city have this constant ticking sound in their engines regardless.

Hear it quite often in the carpark when drivers start their vezel and city.

The air con compressor "tick" is normal. Every car will get it.

My old swift and current car dont have it. Not all cars have it mate. Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 1

City I think after coe up is still selling at 86k right? Going into next bid may miss the coe again as it should be still going higher a bit... going higher but going lower suffer more losses on paper... hmmm

City I think after coe up is still selling at 86k right? Going into next bid may miss the coe again as it should be still going higher a bit... going higher but going lower suffer more losses on paper... hmmm

Not so much about coe rise but just go to the lta website and look at the profit margins for each car. You will know what's the range of coe each AD can buffer at the price.

City basic cost before coe is 37k and 40.5k.

To sell at 86k for base model with cost at 37k, calculate the coe they can buffer.

Not so much about coe rise but just go to the lta website and look at the profit margins for each car. You will know what's the range of coe each AD can buffer at the price.

City basic cost before coe is 37k and 40.5k.

To sell at 86k for base model with cost at 37k, calculate the coe they can buffer.

it is still the price of car that counts... did KM give other discount? How much SE can give?

On 8/11/2019 at 8:49 PM, BB_Man said:

Comfort

Recently took Friend vezel, find city more comfortable than Vezel. No doubt the suspension of city is still stiff, plus the car is light, get bounce around but still acceptable.

Thailand assembly

above the instrument gauges, the matching dark gray trims and the plastic above the speedometer is not uniformly assembled. (Left side not same with right side).

Servicing at Leng Kee (new bird to AD servicing)

Please use your appointment number instead of car plate number during registration to get queue ticket, its not auto link and will give u “walk in” status. Assigned a gangster service guy and say car ready only after 4hrs (lots of things happen but I’ll just stop here. Nightmare). After clear up mess and another service guy (by appointment) took over, got car in 1.5hr with complementary car wash (no swirl maks). engine oil given is Shell helix ultra 0W-30 (verbal, not recorded anywhere, Outside not like tat)

Driving

FC still stuck around 14 by instrument for 80 highway. By total mileage / litres pump in = 13.6km/l. Got sprint abit here n there to make Son “wheeee”.

The paddle shift sometime have short unusual jerk when drop gear (D5 and D4) at expressway speed. Still a nimble car to sprint.

Today start car and heard constant tick tiak tick tiak (about 1sec interval for about 10 Sec(sounds like relay but dunno what, came from center of the car, undercarriage. Maybe some channeling of exhaust recirculation to meet euro VI emission standards?)

(Note : Most pollutant during engine start up and idle, tats y NEA will fine if Engine left idling)

Car Size.

So far no dents on door as car is narrow and more clearance between vehicles (fingers cross).

Bird shit

Mention before I got glass coating and the guy came down and grind away and re apply coating. Today saw the birdshit mark still there at certain angle.... haiz..

the door of city is quite heavy, when open be careful, don’t dent your neighbour car door.

Eh bro, have u encountered rattling noises when accelerating between  20-40 km/hrs? The noises seem to be from the engine side? Currently my mileage is around 4K km. 

Beside this, during my recent ride to north south highway, the road noises a bit sianzzzz. Have u guys encountered the same? Did you guys go for sound proofing? Or this is normal?

Btw, honda city don’t have the temperature gauge ya? a lots of ppl asking me about this 🤔 

Neutral Newbie
15 hours ago, Car_noobie said:

Eh bro, have u encountered rattling noises when accelerating between  20-40 km/hrs? The noises seem to be from the engine side? Currently my mileage is around 4K km. 

Beside this, during my recent ride to north south highway, the road noises a bit sianzzzz. Have u guys encountered the same? Did you guys go for sound proofing? Or this is normal?

Btw, honda city don’t have the temperature gauge ya? a lots of ppl asking me about this 🤔 

I have a weird “grrclank” sound (last for a split second) when I move off to 40-45km/h when just started car (even if warm up for awhile). It happen only 1 time when driving. The rest is the annoying tick tick sound when idling. Coming from engine or transmission. Happens every trip.

I find the road noise ok. Mine is SV with 16” Bridgestone comfort tyres. Only abit ride starts to get abit not comfy (3.5k mileage). Tyre pressure I go to 250kpa. Even when it drop to 210kpa ride still not as comfy as before.

I just compiled a list of defect of assembly (big gaps at hood, rear lights slanted, etc) to Honda. Civic workmanship better. Waiting for their reply. The paint work is terrible. Got 2 stone chip off the paint Liao. My old Axio travel the same road for years and no such happening. Can tahan bombardment of birdshit. But the Honda abit shit and permanently etuched In Liao (got a guy to help me machine grind down a few microns also no use).

sound proofing will add on weight.. unless u prefer quiet to FC.

i remove spare tire, FC no change. Still at around 12-13.5km/l. (Base in total mileage divide by litres pump in). Gonna put back spare tire as the boot base  is collapsing downwards as it’s supported by the spare tire.

if temp is important to u,  get the obd2 display with temperature. I find no use. If temp light on, start to take precaution Liao. But I got the obd2 wifi dongle standby to read engine data from phone if need.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:00 AM, BB_Man said:

I have a weird “grrclank” sound (last for a split second) when I move off to 40-45km/h when just started car (even if warm up for awhile). It happen only 1 time when driving. The rest is the annoying tick tick sound when idling. Coming from engine or transmission. Happens every trip.

I find the road noise ok. Mine is SV with 16” Bridgestone comfort tyres. Only abit ride starts to get abit not comfy (3.5k mileage). Tyre pressure I go to 250kpa. Even when it drop to 210kpa ride still not as comfy as before.

I just compiled a list of defect of assembly (big gaps at hood, rear lights slanted, etc) to Honda. Civic workmanship better. Waiting for their reply. The paint work is terrible. Got 2 stone chip off the paint Liao. My old Axio travel the same road for years and no such happening. Can tahan bombardment of birdshit. But the Honda abit shit and permanently etuched In Liao (got a guy to help me machine grind down a few microns also no use).

sound proofing will add on weight.. unless u prefer quiet to FC.

i remove spare tire, FC no change. Still at around 12-13.5km/l. (Base in total mileage divide by litres pump in). Gonna put back spare tire as the boot base  is collapsing downwards as it’s supported by the spare tire.

if temp is important to u,  get the obd2 display with temperature. I find no use. If temp light on, start to take precaution Liao. But I got the obd2 wifi dongle standby to read engine data from phone if need.

Bro thanks for reply. The “grrclarkk” sound I asked Honda service guy during my first 1k service. He said normal for Vtec engine. I boh ua kongggg then...

mine also Sv with 16” Tyres. Normally I pump 220kpa for front tyres and 210kpa for rear tyres.

for the vibration sounds getting more often... not sure what is it... a bit sian with it. Aih.... waiting give feedback during my 10k service hopefully they don’t bulls**t me again..

or are we allow to ask for free checkup?

↡ Advertisement