Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

If AD has more customers like you, think they close down long ago liao. [sweatdrop]

I got time limit.  By 80000 km it would be about time to change tires liao.  Cos I last changed at 37000 km.  So if I wanna get the Honda city must be before 80000 km to make it worth it.

If after 80000 km I still driving the accent then.....  :D think for another year or so...

IMG-20200703-WA0029.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I got time limit.  By 80000 km it would be about time to change tires liao.  Cos I last changed at 37000 km.  So if I wanna get the Honda city must be before 80000 km to make it worth it.

If after 80000 km I still driving the accent then.....  :D think for another year or so...

IMG-20200703-WA0029.jpeg

How much thread left on your tyre?

35 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

How much thread left on your tyre?

Never really checked but I rotated my tires early June at auto save person say still ok.

Usually i change tires ever 40 to 50k km.  Never 60k km before

15 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Never really checked but I rotated my tires early June at auto save person say still ok.

Usually i change tires ever 40 to 50k km.  Never 60k km before

Go & buy a thread depth gauge la.

I tried to rotate my tyre last year.  Tyre guy refuses to do it as front tyre depth is more than rear.

Where are your favourite shops for getting tires / batteries for your 4th Gen Honda City?  How much do you pay? 

Anyone here put an OBD2 meter on your City and monitor the Engine Coolant Temperature for their City?

I find mine running rather hot. It is a 2017 Facelift model and in start-stop traffic it is around 87 to 92 °C. When cruising, it usually will be around 82 to 84 °C.

Not sure about city, think in general for Honda sedans, it’s around that temperature range between 85-90 degrees for engine coolant temperature. Mine is 2009 Honda civic.

E14CCC36-1210-41B0-9843-7514B776D6BB.jpeg

• Praise 2

Is there a Honda car parts stockist you go to get filters and such? I am looking to get air filters for both the Engine and Cabin as well to replace during servicing.

82 to 92 is within range.

Stop start traffic runs higher a bit because lesser airflow.

:D

On 1/30/2023 at 2:16 PM, Ryanc36 said:

Anyone here put an OBD2 meter on your City and monitor the Engine Coolant Temperature for their City?

I find mine running rather hot. It is a 2017 Facelift model and in start-stop traffic it is around 87 to 92 °C. When cruising, it usually will be around 82 to 84 °C.

• Praise 1

On 3/7/2023 at 4:26 PM, Jamesc said:

82 to 92 is within range.

Stop start traffic runs higher a bit because lesser airflow.

Thanks for sharing. I am quite new to this forum and realised cannot edit old posts. Actually I got the year wrong for my car. It is a 2018 facelift version.

I bought this as a 2nd hand car and my previous mechanic was fixated on lowering the temperature till suggesting to change to a thicker radiator (custom made since not available in the market for 2018 Honda City) to cool the car's engine better. He kept showing me his other customers, from Jazz/Fit, Civic, HR-V, etc all able to attained like:
Cruising Temperature - 70 to 78 °C
Start Stop Temperature - 78 to 84 °C

When I first gotten the car, it was able to attain as low as 72°C during cruising but ever since then, hitting 77 °C is a rare occurrence. Highest Temperature used to be 91°C and now, after trying multiple things, it can hit 96°C.

Things done to "improve" was at around 10 months after driving the car, the radiator fan was replaced as mechanic said it was "dying" but not dead yet.

Bonnet was shimmed to help letting the hot air out of the engine bay.

Despite that, the temperature just kept increasing anyway.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:12 PM, Ryanc36 said:

Is there a Honda car parts stockist you go to get filters and such? I am looking to get air filters for both the Engine and Cabin as well to replace during servicing.

cabin air filter is super easy to change yourself. Just unhook your glovebox and change it like within 1min.
Engine air filter is supposedly not difficult to change, but i couldn't unhook or remove the housing. Ok lah, just let the mechanics do it and let them earn the add-on charge. 

I just buy parts from Fitinparts.sg. Home delivery somemore.

• Praise 3

A super helpful workshop that wants to change everything like a bigger radiator just wants more jobs and money.

The engineers at Honda design the perfect radiator size and a bigger radiator is totally unnecessary.

Just like Big Brake Kits and steel brake hoses. It's all just a waste of money.

Shim bonnet lagi waste of money.

Spend money wisely and get good long life coolent for the rad and do proper maintenance for your car.

If bought second hand the first I always do if flush out the old coolent and put in super long life coolent.

Ensure the rad fan motor is working well and you are good to go for the next few years.

The only time you should change a rad is when its broken.

Working well don't bother changing.

Transmission fluid is the one people should change often.

40k km for auto and 80k km for manual.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:17 AM, Ryanc36 said:

Thanks for sharing. I am quite new to this forum and realised cannot edit old posts. Actually I got the year wrong for my car. It is a 2018 facelift version.

I bought this as a 2nd hand car and my previous mechanic was fixated on lowering the temperature till suggesting to change to a thicker radiator (custom made since not available in the market for 2018 Honda City) to cool the car's engine better. He kept showing me his other customers, from Jazz/Fit, Civic, HR-V, etc all able to attained like:
Cruising Temperature - 70 to 78 °C
Start Stop Temperature - 78 to 84 °C

When I first gotten the car, it was able to attain as low as 72°C during cruising but ever since then, hitting 77 °C is a rare occurrence. Highest Temperature used to be 91°C and now, after trying multiple things, it can hit 96°C.

Things done to "improve" was at around 10 months after driving the car, the radiator fan was replaced as mechanic said it was "dying" but not dead yet.

Bonnet was shimmed to help letting the hot air out of the engine bay.

Despite that, the temperature just kept increasing anyway.

• Praise 1

On 3/7/2023 at 4:12 PM, Ryanc36 said:

If you want physical store, I used to buy from Ming Ngee at Jalan Lembah Kallang.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

If WS want to make extra money instead of selling up sized radiators they should sell transmission coolers.

So many cars are scrapped early not because of spoilt radiators but broken transmission.

All premature failure because heat killed the transmission fluid and the auto box spoilt.

Edited by Jamesc

On 3/10/2023 at 12:04 PM, Jamesc said:

If ES want to make extra money instead of selling up sized radiators they should sell transmission coolers.

So many cars are scrapped early not because of spoilt radiators but broken transmission.

All premature failure because heat killed the transmission fluid and the auto box spoilt.

Change the ATF before the recommended mileage.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1