Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

I think it is common to feel bumps and humps along the way for honda cars de.

Should be the rear suspension used.

My old mitsubishi Lancer cs3 is using multi link rear suspension. It doesn't have the bumpy feel at all.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Thank you bro for the very detailed explanation and your personal take on pps. Very informative. Average cost would be reasonable for a proper maintenance if you calculate based on a longer term. If it is ok, can share where you did your pps ?

Hi, keen to know where is the PPS done too. thks in advance.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hey bro, I've shared this info with bro @hsl118 before and I'll share this with you regarding why I chose to do PPS instead of the usual polish and wax. Agree with Bro @lok666 that it doesn't prevent knocks and dings but light scratches definitely able to do the job. Plus the hydrophobic effect and the ability to clean off bird poo or tree sap with ease is a bonus.

I did my calculation as per below but you can always do your calculation with the prices you have been quoted by detailers.

i

Hi Buadongdong, may i check where you did your PPS, pls kindly advise. thks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

PM-ed you.

received with much thanks.

You can try HappyCar. I dunno if it is good as I have not get my new ride...  :a-m1524:

They used to have groupbuy at Shuttle FB.

10 cars $220
20 cars $200

https://m.facebook.com/HappyCar8/

Hi,

any more review on Happycar PPS? any views are welcomed and thanks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, do your guys encounter tat our city aircon when set on auto will only drop to a minimum fan speed of 3bar? I realise mine is like tat when set at 25 auto and many a times felt so cold that had to manually put fan speed down to 2 or 1 bar.

Hi, do your guys encounter tat our city aircon when set on auto will only drop to a minimum fan speed of 3bar? I realise mine is like tat when set at 25 auto and many a times felt so cold that had to manually put fan speed down to 2 or 1 bar.

I set mine to 24 auto and most of the time it is at 3 bars since collection few days back.

This morning, it drops to 2 bars before moving up to 3 bars. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks. Seems like city got quite a bit of things to need to get used to. Previously, I mention about the roar of engine during first start of engine, was told tat it is ecu setting to warm up the engine faster.

• Praise 1

received with much thanks.

Hi,

any more review on Happycar PPS? any views are welcomed and thanks in advance.

Well... I don't recommend them after trying.  [rolleyes]

Hi, keen to know where is the PPS done too. thks in advance.

Hi bro , I wouldn't recommend mine to you. I found mine through Fb. Although mine is cheaper than what bro Buadongdong recommended, i find the workmanship not good. A lot of patches maybe uneven coating after the pps. I can pm you the detailer if you want to know more. But not recommended.

Hi all , I realise the new city doesn't have a engine indicator or some icon on the dashboard to tell u the engine has been warm up. Is it recommended to warm up your car every morning before moving out ? Or how to tell your engine has been warm up ?

Hi all , I realise the new city doesn't have a engine indicator or some icon on the dashboard to tell u the engine has been warm up. Is it recommended to warm up your car every morning before moving out ? Or how to tell your engine has been warm up ?

Hi bro , I wouldn't recommend mine to you. I found mine through Fb. Although mine is cheaper than what bro Buadongdong recommended, i find the workmanship not good. A lot of patches maybe uneven coating after the pps. I can pm you the detailer if you want to know more. But not recommended.

The manual states that the temperature blue icon is only available in certain models. I don't have that too and probably it is not available in our local models. The red icon will only comes on when the engine overheats. 

I will wait till the RPM drops below 1k and let the car rolls out of the parking lot before accelerating. 

Bro, most of us here oldies dont have auto aircon like the FL model has..cannot help or comment on that.. Hehe..

Personally I dont warm my engine for a prolong period before moving off.. Prob start engine and in about less than 20secs then move off liao.. Why waste petrol idling. Just don't rev the car until the blue icon is gone. Anyway, the car sure warmed up after moving out of carpark.

Care to share some photos on the lousy job for the pps??

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 1

Bro, most of us here oldies dont have auto aircon like the FL model has..cannot help or comment on that.. Hehe..

Personally I dont warm my engine for a prolong period before moving off.. Prob start engine and in about less than 20secs then move off liao.. Why waste petrol idling. Just don't rev the car until the blue icon is gone. Anyway, the car sure warmed up after moving out of carpark.

Care to share some photos on the lousy job for the pps??

Oh, some of our local model (Pre-FL) has that blue icon?? Or all along we have that regardless of FL or not? Maybe mine isn't working [laugh]

Thanks. Seems like city got quite a bit of things to need to get used to. Previously, I mention about the roar of engine during first start of engine, was told tat it is ecu setting to warm up the engine faster. ð¤

The next thing to get used to is the CVT, the only drawback for city..

Oh, some of our local model (Pre-FL) has that blue icon?? Or all along we have that regardless of FL or not? Maybe mine isn't working [laugh]

I believe pre-fl models all have that blue icon when engine is cold in the morning.. Fl models don't have??

The next thing to get used to is the CVT, the only drawback for city..

I believe pre-fl models all have that blue icon when engine is cold in the morning.. Fl models don't have??

I dont see on mine. When I start up the engine, there is the red icon and it diminshes. Will check with the service centre during my 1k service. Meanwhile, any other FL owners can share on this?

Compared to my previous 4AT ride, I enjoy the CVT, the drive is much smoother. Maybe I'm the usual light footed and happy with the smooth pickup to cruising.

Something else I want to check. I have this habit of pressing the start button without stepping on the brake, watch the instrument panel lights up and then step on brake and press again to start the engine.

I'm aware this is redundant but it is just a die hard habit of mine when previously, I turn the ignition with key, puase for 2-3 sec then turn the key to start engine. I like to know any long term effects if I continue this habit with the start stop button and the electronic?

Edited by Dreamer_toons

I just got mine. Don't see the blue icon too. Only blue light is for the driving assist lights. It turns color according to how you drive 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Well... I don't recommend them after trying.  [rolleyes]

Hi Bro,

any reason for not recommending Happycar? lousy workmanship or attitude?