Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

Neutral Newbie
On 9/10/2019 at 10:14 PM, Car_noobie said:

Bro thanks for reply. The “grrclarkk” sound I asked Honda service guy during my first 1k service. He said normal for Vtec engine. I boh ua kongggg then...

mine also Sv with 16” Tyres. Normally I pump 220kpa for front tyres and 210kpa for rear tyres.

for the vibration sounds getting more often... not sure what is it... a bit sian with it. Aih.... waiting give feedback during my 10k service hopefully they don’t bulls**t me again..

or are we allow to ask for free checkup?

The grrclank sound Honda say is the brake modulator, happen for all city model. 

but to me, I don’t think it’s acceptable as the sound is like something loose and makes Drivers worry. Doesn’t sound like a normal part working. 

Will be heading down to Mandai bodyworks branch anytime to settle all the defects after feedback online. 

↡ Advertisement

On 9/13/2019 at 5:35 PM, BB_Man said:

The grrclank sound Honda say is the brake modulator, happen for all city model. 

but to me, I don’t think it’s acceptable as the sound is like something loose and makes Drivers worry. Doesn’t sound like a normal part working. 

Will be heading down to Mandai bodyworks branch anytime to settle all the defects after feedback online. 

Bro, have u went down to mandai to settle ? 

2 hours ago, Car_noobie said:

Bro, have u went down to mandai to settle ? 

I called them n they said mounting issue! Will go service ASAP ...

Edited by Car_noobie

Hi guys, this morning I just drove out from carpark and started hearing a weird “rotating” sound from the left rear tyre area. Checked tyre pressure all looks normal, no signs of slow puncture also. The sound will start when speed above 15 and super obvious rotating sound when speed reach 30 and above. Anyone knows here encounter issues like this before? I’m suspecting the wheel bearing or drum brakes, my car only 9mth old nia leh. 

4 hours ago, Thomasl25 said:

Hi guys, this morning I just drove out from carpark and started hearing a weird “rotating” sound from the left rear tyre area. Checked tyre pressure all looks normal, no signs of slow puncture also. The sound will start when speed above 15 and super obvious rotating sound when speed reach 30 and above. Anyone knows here encounter issues like this before? I’m suspecting the wheel bearing or drum brakes, my car only 9mth old nia leh. 

Never encounter before. U better bring to service center to let them diagnose. Mine also about 5 months only. 

Nice ad showing all the generation of city. I know friends and colleague who have owned all the generation of city before except the 2008 generation.

Hi Everyone,

Just took delivery of a Honda Grace hybrid and spent many days reading thru this thread before delivery.

Look forward to learning from all the old birds here!

Meanwhile, read an earlier discussion on the door lock/unlock mechanism and just wanted to share this video below. The "unlock on P" irritated me quite a bit as I often switch to P at traffic lights, and finally managed to configure it to "unlock at ignition off" instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2w_91ct-jg

Edited by 601F

Switch to P at traffic light makes one look silly with the reverse light lit up when engaging to D for moving off. 

P is for Parking!!!!!! 

Just shift to N will do. 

31 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Switch to P at traffic light makes one look silly with the reverse light lit up when engaging to D for moving off. 

P is for Parking!!!!!! 

Just shift to N will do. 

Looks like this is the 1st thing to learn 😄 an old habit from my previous car, new car is a good time to learn new habits

But also, the hybrid has a different gear selector, so P to D doesn't cause the reverse light to light up. 

• Praise 1

Hi , I'm fine thank you. Hope alls the same with you. Our current city left last unit it's a demo car. The new model shld be launched soon

I just talked to the Honda SE.  I think i think too long liao.....   😞 :D

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Hi , I'm fine thank you. Hope alls the same with you. Our current city left last unit it's a demo car. The new model shld be launched soon

Are you going to get the last unit left?

But even new model is launching, it is still the honda city that you want right? [:p]

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Are you going to get the last unit left?

But even new model is launching, it is still the honda city that you want right? [:p]

Nah.  Wont rush for it.  I tried that with my Hyundai accent.  The rush is not worth it :D

yup.  New model is also what I want.  Hope it is cheap and better.  😛

I would hate to tell the SE to wait another year/ decade/ lifetime  or so for sales from me :D  

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Nah.  Wont rush for it.  I tried that with my Hyundai accent.  The rush is not worth it :D

yup.  New model is also what I want.  Hope it is cheap and better.  😛

I would hate to tell the SE to wait another year/ decade/ lifetime  or so for sales from me :D  

If AD has more customers like you, think they close down long ago liao. [sweatdrop]

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Any idea the new model is it 1.0T?