Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

u mean MZ3 is a sub 100k car??

I based on Sgcarmat list price, new city 118K, new Mz3 103k

↡ Advertisement

I think some of the Japanese makes have lost out to Koreans makes like Elantra and K3 already. The Koreans are priced more competitively and has more equipment. Japanese makes such as Honda, Toyota, the interior is still as spartan as before. The new Civic I only see a handful running around. With the new City I think Civic will be harder hit. Due to high COE I think ppl will choose City over Civic.

And Honda always got this problem of making one of their cars that will not sell well. Previously the Civic FD series had 2.0L versions making the Accord 2.0L very hard to sell. Now the City is so similar to Civic and engine spec is just 100cc apart...history will just repeats itself.

• Praise 2

I think some of the Japanese makes have lost out to Koreans makes like Elantra and K3 already. The Koreans are priced more competitively and has more equipment. Japanese makes such as Honda, Toyota, the interior is still as spartan as before. The new Civic I only see a handful running around. With the new City I think Civic will be harder hit. Due to high COE I think ppl will choose City over Civic.

And Honda always got this problem of making one of their cars that will not sell well. Previously the Civic FD series had 2.0L versions making the Accord 2.0L very hard to sell. Now the City is so similar to Civic and engine spec is just 100cc apart...history will just repeats itself.

if i'm not wrong, current gen civic is the biggest failure since 1972 Civic luanched, totally lost honda's wild nature, and only Singapore 1.6L available, other country like Taiwan/U.S only 1.8/2.0 version,

now 1.5 city luanch, Honda lift a rock only to drop it on its own feet :D

I based on Sgcarmat list price, new city 118K, new Mz3 103k

Kah Motor sets at such high price of 113K (after 5K discount) with much lower features compared to our neighboring market , I would jump boat to VW Jetta immediately for 1K more at 114K.

I'll see how well can Kah Motor sells this model !

• Praise 2

Kah Motor sets at such high price of 113K (after 5K discount) with much lower features compared to our neighboring market , I would jump boat to VW Jetta immediately for 1K more at 114K.

it's the best time to get VW Jetta, squeeze the SE to get good deal,

BTW, make sure you have enough annual leave to cater the car breakdown period :D

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

it's the best time to get VW Jetta, squeeze the SE to get good deal,

BTW, make sure you have enough annual leave to cater the car breakdown period :D

I heard their coffee is one of the best in sg, jb and some say batam as well.... Hehehe

I heard their coffee is one of the best in sg, jb and some say batam as well.... Hehehe

Actually the latte is really good, really thick and full of flavour! I always have 2 cups while waiting to collect my car. Better than those in hotels and cafes, no joke. Much better than other ADs i have been to. Mazda one so so only.

Turbocharged

Actually the latte is really good, really thick and full of flavour! I always have 2 cups while waiting to collect my car. Better than those in hotels and cafes, no joke. Much better than other ADs i have been to. Mazda one so so only.

I will go try it out one of this day..... Hehehe

Turbocharged

You should! Maybe the experience will prompt you to get a vw instead, haha.

Hehehe... I have to resist the dark force... But I like dark coffee... Hehehe

Just saw Top Gear post the top 10 least reliable cars in the UK

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/The-UK-ten-least-reliable-cars-2014-05-29

Not one VW... so why do they keep failing over in Asia?

Pity cos I owned a 3rd hand VW Polo when I was a student over there that gave no problems over 5 yrs.

I'd rather have good coffee in my office than at the workshop!

Also a pity that I won't buy another Honda after my FD3 Civic Hybrid (should have got a FD2 - still kicking myself). It was a great drive and reliable too (until the IMA battery started to go). Kah's service was IMHO good as well so if they only sold something attractive in terms of pricing and specs I would not hesitate to get another Honda.... but the products are not worth the premium now!

• Praise 1

Case received the most complain is VW. Also, I do not have so many days of annual leave.

Pity cos I owned a 3rd hand VW Polo when I was a student over there that gave no problems over 5 yrs.

Also a pity that I won't buy another Honda after my FD3 Civic Hybrid (should have got a FD2 - still kicking myself). It was a great drive and reliable too (until the IMA battery started to go). Kah's service was IMHO good as well so if they only sold something attractive in terms of pricing and specs I would not hesitate to get another Honda.... but the products are not worth the premium now!

Good thing u do not have any family commitment. I need my car to pick up my wife and children. No time for free coffee.
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

How many years ws that ago? On MT or AT i suppose?

Quite often is the hot humid asian climate paired with stop/start trafic that kills angmo cars.

Back in its natural habitat, it often functions w/o too much hicups.

(edited)

How many years ws that ago? On MT or AT i suppose?

Quite often is the hot humid asian climate paired with stop/start trafic that kills angmo cars.

Back in its natural habitat, it often functions w/o too much hicups.

It was what seems a life time ago... 1988-1994. The car was a manual 5 speed 1.3L Polo Sedan... Very simple, nothing much to go wrong.

It's the one right at the bottom of this link

http://www.polodriver.com/heritage/series-2-polo-1981-1994/

Edited by Hotnyh

then definitely eaten by New MZ3 lah,

MZ3 MIJ and price 15k lower than new city

Some times the branding can let the buyer feel MIJ or MIT is not an issue.

You see Honda and Toyota selling so well compare to Mazda, Suzuki or Mitsubishi.

I do agree the Mazda 3 look is nice. City still using rear drum brake and no projector head lamps. [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

In Europe and UK, they prepfer manual car. The problem on VW mainly is the 7spd DSG.

(edited)

u sure you will jump boat to jetta?

I rather have the civic....anytime.

my annual leaves are running out from the numerous visits to the workshop...

Edited by Keithchue
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1