Why are there so many road work in Singapore?

Quantum

As the topic, I belive every Singapore Motorirt has the same feeling,

I have ever driven in many countries, short few days like Aus, CHN, Indonesia, long few months or years like Malaysia, Thai, UAE, Oman, Saudi etc, never encountered so many road works Jam like Singapore [:(]

Why?

Edited by Quantum
↡ Advertisement

Because new buildings, structure keep popping up and they need to add electrical or water pipings.... Quite pissed of with some of the bad road patch...

shoud do it during night time lah,

those bloodi contractor intentionally do it in traffic peak hour, challenge motorirts' tolerance :angry:

• Praise 2

shoud do it during night time lah,

those bloodi contractor intentionally do it in traffic peak hour, challenge motorirts' tolerance :angry:

are you going to pay for their night allowance?

are you going to pay for their night allowance?

Singapore government so rich, so bear this additional cost mah, and road belongs to government, [:p]

even CHN also can do like that

Turbocharged

You notice we don't have those unsightly power lines on our roads?

That's the answer, everything is buried underground

Singapore government so rich, so bear this additional cost mah, and road belongs to government, [:p]

even CHN also can do like that

they already under budgeted of MCE, and also the YOG. i don't think they got e money left already

they already under budgeted of MCE, and also the YOG. i don't think they got e money left already

Then bus fee increase, where is the money?

COE...who believe they under budgeted

Then bus fee increase, where is the money?

COE...who believe they under budgeted

hahaha, true also.

but wait someone will accuse us of raiding the reserves [sly]

the road at Westcoast Highway need serious resurfacing work

compare to 10 years ago, now the road patches also are uneven too much, while vehicle go over suffering bumpping, the worest some asphalt even splashed to car body

Who you kidding? Govt no money? No money can draw million dollar salaries every year just so that they can talk to CEOs and wouldn't lao kui meh?

• Praise 2

I have ever driven in many countries, short few days like Aus, CHN, Indonesia, long few months or years like Malaysia, Thai, UAE, Oman, Saudi etc, never encountered so many road works Jam like Singapore [:(]

Why?

Those countries never do roadworks already the road conditions like shit. Try the Malaysian B roads.

At least here they do a complete resurface every now and then. But recently Orchard road near centrepoint is really bad. Like Malaysian kampung roads.

Why?

i exit eng neo avenue each day on way home. unfortunately eng neo avenue is shared road for drivers heading towards upper bt timah as well as those heading towards city like me. the jam has been unbearable of late and it was because the west bound route at sixth avenue is having road works and so the west bound drivers are clogging up eng neo ave.

May I attempt an answer to this.

"To keep small and medium size contractors alive"

They can't take on big projects because of the constraint of their resources. So, govt needs to throws out bit size projects to keep them afloat

Constant road work seems normal to me.

But the road patches after is horrible!

Yeah.. the standard of those LTA contractor is from bad to worse.. some permanent road patch is like a small hump.. there is one near jurong point...

↡ Advertisement