Question for Car Servicing

Quantum

Past 6 months, most time I was working in oversea, so my car half year mileage only 1000km,

but half year interval time servicing come, can I skip this servicing and wait another half year?

Thanks a lot

↡ Advertisement

Past 6 months, most time I was working in oversea, so my car half year mileage only 1000km,

but half year interval time servicing come, can I skip this servicing and wait another half year?

Thanks a lot

the lesser you used, the more you must change.

To save cost, maybe change to mineral/semi-sync.

Thanks a lot

Of course dont waste money.

Don't send in for servicing till close to 10,000 km.

All my friends who drive OPC cars clock less than 10,000km per year.

They only service when hit the servicing mileage. Car still good.

Thanks a lot

I service my car once every 10 to 12 months for past 3 years.

Company is too near my house and I only service my car at ard 8000 km to 9000 km.

When my mechanic change my engine oil every time, the engine oil also quite clean.

Car coming to 5 yrs and no problem at all.

Guest EverestLeasing
Neutral Newbie

Thanks a lot

Think you can still wait for 2-3 months more. Cos' for my side, I dun really servicing at 6 mths if I dun hit the mileage. Mostly about 8-9 months or so.

But if you feel something not right when driving along the months, then send in for servicing and also inspection..

Edited by Da_editor

Thanks a lot

Depend on your preference. Basic servicing is about 80 - 150, depending on the engine oil grade.

So if the 6 months duration if up and for a peace of mind, go for it...

Thanks a lot

There is a reason why the handbook says "Service every 10K km or 6 months".

Oils n certain parts wil deteoriate after some time although not used. Even the oil filter paper element might start to break up after >6 months n wil not filter the oil anymore.

But u can just use maybe till 8-9 months if u willing to risk it n save a bit. Afterall the car is yours n if the engine etc is damaged, u wil b the one to suffer.

Also a car sitting unmoved for 6 months....likely yr tires already got flat-spots.

Depend on your preference. Basic servicing is about 80 - 150, depending on the engine oil grade.

So if the 6 months duration if up and for a peace of mind, go for it...

I wud suggest a cheap mineral oil abt $15 plus $5 oil filter n labour $10-$15.

Total sud b abt $35 only.

+1 get it serviced. Car dont move doesnt mean the part will not wear and tear. Its true. Car never move, the parts wear faster . eg: battery and likely electronic parts. Oil will become slug formed over time. Especially the car is not move and heat up. Imagine a pool of oil in stagnent position inside the engine, slug will build up over time. Those people who think that the car seldom move and no need to do servicing the concept is all wrong. Like what many says, handbook written to service every 6 months or mileage which ever comes first that is a reason in it.

Of course dont waste money.

Don't send in for servicing till close to 10,000 km.

All my friends who drive OPC cars clock less than 10,000km per year.

They only service when hit the servicing mileage. Car still good.

then you and your friends have more to know about engine oil and how car should be properly maintenanced.

Maj of OPC owners think they are smarter than most car owners, thy are stingy and uses only from 7pm to 7am daily less weekends / PH, hence has the slightest clue on maint, I witnessed OPC go to JB for servicing, cheaper dollars does not equate car is serviced but cheaper option hence serviced regularly, thy do not know that types of EO those mechanic used / parts for their car.

Penny wise pound foolish.

• Dislike 1

I was always advised which ever is earlier

• 10,000km
  • 6months
I would go for servicing if I am in your shoes

I follow the mileage, service only every 10k avg about 8 to 9 months once. Car reaching 10 years soon, anyway driving a Vios

I am playing my old record again.......

Avoid buying 2nd hand cars in Singapore.

1. Mileage altered

2. People don't know the servicing interval

3. Brand new and 2nd hand car, the annual depreciation not much diff.

1. Mileage altered

your old record playing doesnt jelly with what TS asked leh.. [laugh]

(edited)

1. Mileage altered

In Singapore if want to buy 2nd hand car, better find among your acquaintances or friends, at least buy from direct seller,

Singapore 2nd hand car dealers also are fraud

Edited by Quantum
↡ Advertisement