New Audi A3 Sedan - "only premium petrol sedan under Cat A"

Glyuen

if using 1.4L TFSI engine that produces 122bhp and 200Nm ... after MTM tune 15-20% performance upgrade

at that price japanese/korean car can go fly kite liao

cat A huat ah !!!

150k list price, not much more than the new altis

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Just received Audi promotional email for their new A3 Sedan.

Looks good. Suits badge whores perfectly.

http://www.a3sedan.sg/#/intro

704x396_aa3_131002.jpg

Anyone buying? [sly]

Yup, really will fit well in Singapore, wherre the roads are littered the cheapskate contis like the VWs and BMW 3 series. Audi really clever, good business to be made from the badgewhores. This will fit in very nicely. Sg favorite, like to tell ppl they drive BMW/ Merc etc.....only when ask further than you realize, oh, it's the entry lvl version. Everyone says "I drive a BMW" not "I drive a 3 series"

tok wat cok, or u mean Wowo S60 & S80 D2s are less "premium" than a lousy A3?!

Frankly, Volvo s60/ s80 are "much more" premium than the lousy A3, but pity, Singaporeans only know how to buy cars that their friend buys, or that people recognize, not buy for car quality. That's why so many entry conti on the road. Poor Alfa/ SAAB/ and Volvo, obviously a real drivers car but everyone buys entry lvl versions of Audi/Merc/BMW so they can show off the badge, which frankly isn't of a higher brand prestige in the rest of the world ex Singapore.

• Praise 3

Frankly, Volvo s60/ s80 are "much more" premium than the lousy A3, but pity, Singaporeans only know how to buy cars that their friend buys, or that people recognize, not buy for car quality. That's why so many entry conti on the road. Poor Alfa/ SAAB/ and Volvo, obviously a real drivers car but everyone buys entry lvl versions of Audi/Merc/BMW so they can show off the badge, which frankly isn't of a higher brand prestige in the rest of the world ex Singapore.

Eh i think they are very careful with their choice of words... Lol "PETROL"

Volvo is Diesel.

Their official launch is 15 Feb. Many early bird orders already received. List Price is $180k if i nv rmb wrongly. Early bird price is $160k thereabouts.

Space is small at the rear, size wise its quite similar to the MID-plate Audi A4 used by SAF generals. Interior honestly does not look as "cheap" as the basic BMW 316.

Using 7spd DSG [sleeping]

I popped by Toyota to check out their new Altis too... its going for $130k. Their 7spd CVT surprisingly does not feel like one. feels like 7AT. [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

Wow, I do see some forumers being concerned about the types of cars residents of Singapore purchase.

Does it really matter the brand or model? It's their money. They can spend it on any vehicle they like. Dio bo?

• Praise 4

dio ... but you see ... $150k audi vs $135k toyota altis ... who buy altis ... dio bo?

and the $15k more not just because of the 4-rings in front (of course it does make a difference) but it's a better car in overall

Wow, I do see some forumers being concerned about the types of cars residents of Singapore purchase.

Does it really matter the brand or model? It's their money. They can spend it on any vehicle they like. Dio bo?

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement