New Audi A3 Sedan - "only premium petrol sedan under Cat A"

Glyuen

well, Saab are never meant to be a driver's car. She is more about safety and pace, and of course character.

yes, i drive a Saab and I love it. And yes, it dont handles like i hoped for.

I know its a different comparison but i bet the Saab is miles better than a camry.

Also i'd like to think its an awesome ride for long highways.

↡ Advertisement

I know its a different comparison but i bet the Saab is miles better than a camry.

Also i'd like to think its an awesome ride for long highways.

If can't afford not to have a car for 2 days, please go for Toyota Camry.

well, Saab are never meant to be a driver's car. She is more about safety and pace, and of course character.

yes, i drive a Saab and I love it. And yes, it dont handles like i hoped for.

Yes, agree. SAABs were never meant to be a driver's car and they don't handle very well due to their nose-heavy FWD disposition.

However, I do have a lot of admiration for the pre-GM models like the venerable 900/S.

Somehow SAAB lost its mettle somewhat, post-GM and neither the 9-3, nor 9-5 inspires me anymore.

But that's just my POV.

Yes, agree. SAABs were never meant to be a driver's car and they don't handle very well due to their nose-heavy FWD disposition.

However, I do have a lot of admiration for the pre-GM models like the venerable 900/S.

Somehow SAAB lost its mettle somewhat, post-GM and neither the 9-3, nor 9-5 inspires me anymore.

But that's just my POV.

oh yes, that 900 series with the upright windscreen and quirky C pillar is indeed a classic imo. Lovely.... :wub:

though the present 9-3 is sexy with its curvy body but still it lacks the kind of character of a true blue Saab.

oh yes, that 900 series with the upright windscreen and quirky C pillar is indeed a classic imo. Lovely.... :wub:

though the present 9-3 is sexy with its curvy body but still it lacks the kind of character of a true blue Saab.

Somehow, I have this view that GM are spoilers everywhere they are!

It's not only just SAAB.

The Alfa 159's 2.2L GM-sourced engine does NOT inspire at all!

Compare that with the true-blue 3L V6 Alfa Romeo designed & built engine of the 80's - last used in the 164, deep-throated carbureted gurgle and all!

Or the Asian-Chevrolet ... actually GM-Daewoo!

I'd rather get a KIA in that price range any day ... Audi-inspired? :-0

Still Korean-made, regardless - but better designed and built all round, IMO.

It's not only just SAAB.

Compare that with the true-blue 3L V6 Alfa Romeo designed & built engine of the 80's - last used in the 164, deep-throated carbureted gurgle and all!

Having said that, the engine by GM are rather beefy and sturdier when compared to jap or kimchi engine, imo of course.

It's not only just SAAB.

GM is not interested in this tiny little market. They are selling more than 9 million vehicles around the world.

GM is not interested in this tiny little market. They are selling more than 9 million vehicles around the world.

I am not talking about the Singapore market, but GM worldwide ... brand spoilers.

ch8 6.30pm news reported volvo s60/80 diesel 115bhp is ready to cheong in cat A coe liao ... [thumbsup]

130bhp = biggest joke!

Edited by Wt_know

ch8 6.30pm news reported volvo s60/80 diesel 115bhp is ready to cheong in cat A coe liao ... [thumbsup]

130bhp = biggest joke!

Haha, that's true. But maybe can add max torque of 160. Then, pretty clear can kill off all conti, since conti are so much heavier.

130bhp = biggest joke!

This is not a joke. Most of car byuers in Singapore are smart. Are u killing yourselves to buy a conti diesel car?

Unless u have 3/4 million dollars park in your saving account.

By the way, many PMET will losing their jobs. Many Japanese and American company are cutting headcount to lower their operating cost.

130bhp = biggest joke!

I think not many people will bite the bait lah.

Pay so much higher road tax for a diesel car ... for what?

Also must queue with the taxis, vans and pickups (and big lorries too, at pump stations in Jurong area)!

To me, that in itself is a "downgrade" leh :-)

ch8 10pm news reported that cat a coe might not drop and lta objective will not be met if buyers flock to cat a buying turbo diesel ... and worst case scenario more diesel equal worsen air pollution. all these analyst sibei tok kong talking ... how come they never pre-warn lta when they decide the 130bhp rule

Edited by Wt_know

This is not a joke. Most of car byuers in Singapore are smart. Are u killing yourselves to buy a conti diesel car?

Unless u have 3/4 million dollars park in your saving account.

By the way, many PMET will losing their jobs. Many Japanese and American company are cutting headcount to lower their operating cost.

everyday, there are PMETs being retrenched. That's nothing new. As one company is cutting, another is expanding.

As much as I am a pessimist by nature, I suggest people here not to take such pessimistic news seriously.

ch8 10pm news reported that cat a coe might not drop and lta objective will not be met if buyers flock to cat a buying turbo diesel ... and worst case scenario more diesel equal worsen air pollution. all these analyst sibei tok kong talking ... how come they never pre-warn lta when they decide the 130bhp rule

maybe they will come up with a sub-cat for diesel passenger cars.

everyday, there are PMETs being retrenched. That's nothing new. As one company is cutting, another is expanding.

As much as I am a pessimist by nature, I suggest people here not to take such pessimistic news seriously.

maybe they will come up with a sub-cat for diesel passenger cars.

Really! Then, good luck to you.

Really! Cars buyers in Singapore are very smarts. That explain why Mercedes is No 1. BMW is No 2. And Toyota is No 3.

Flock to buy DIESEL cars? COE is ZERO at year 10.

I think not many people will bite the bait lah.

Pay so much higher road tax for a diesel car ... for what?

Also must queue with the taxis, vans and pickups (and big lorries too, at pump stations in Jurong area)!

To me, that in itself is a "downgrade" leh :-)

Most Taxis will pump at their fleet's coy station. Better rate than station outside.

Tax was 1.25/cc (breakeven at approx 30k km). Now tax at 40cts/cc, 10k km breakeven liao.

Diesels conservatively have 30-35% better fc than petrol.

It strives on heaty conditions, which is in abundance in Sin in which the oppo is true for petrol.

Much as I have my reservations, I would really like to believe that ur correct.

you two.

me 3...

The diesels aproved for 40cts/cc is euro 5 & above ? My petrol car only euro 2.

Its correct mah, only raise concerns when it has been carved in stone. When its too little & too late. Its no coincidence. now can talk freely as they know edict is out already. Talk too early, they may get fixed... Perfectly in line with how things are done here.

130bhp = biggest joke!

Since the buyers of .... may find Diesel too siah suay, Hyundai can start bringing in the i30 1.6 CRDI (VGT). Think its 115hp/260nm & 6AT.

If ever coe is <40k, then maybe i20, 90hp/220nm but seems that only have 5MT.

Tell them already, use OMV. Thats a better way to determine whats luxury. It may not be perfect, but still better than basing on 1600cc/130bhp nonetheless...

Edited by Baal
↡ Advertisement