New Audi A3 Sedan - "only premium petrol sedan under Cat A"

Glyuen

how many times per year did your OC use your car?

I have a friend bought a small auto car, wife cannot handle, drove only 5 times during the +3years period.

In the past a few times a mth.

These days rarely, since I no longer do shift work. But once in a while, oc may bring inlaws & children + maid out.

So I stay at home surf surf....

Last time I say MT, she said u find 9-5 job lah !!. Now I have 9-6 job, she says that getting MT is depriving the family of another driver for emergencies......

back when oc doing 3A. At her 4-5th practical, I was hard persuading her to switch the course to MT. Esp late 2008 $2 coe, thought of using that chance to get a CS3 MT. ..... but persuasion failed....

Haiz....I give up liao.

↡ Advertisement

Sigh.....debating about car prices but half or more than half of it goes to the COE! So most people who cannot afford to pay the initial down payment Can Only Envy those who can. So tweaking the so call "Can Only Envy" system is useless.

What else can those people who are clueless or too Lazy To Act do? Still asking questions how come COE prices did not drop? Any suggestion to bring it down to a more saint level .... so that many young people and needy people can fulfill their ambition to own a house, have a family and a CAR?

Which dealer do not want a share of all categories so now what...tweak the system again and be biased against brand?

what a joke

limit cat a cars to 130bhp

reduce special tax for diesel car euro v compliant to 20cts per cc

agents like Volvo, vw, Peugeot all introduce full range of diesel models and stay in cat a

what a joke

limit cat a cars to 130bhp

reduce special tax for diesel car euro v compliant to 20cts per cc

agents like Volvo, vw, Peugeot all introduce full range of diesel models and stay in cat a

You talk as if there is a conspiracy somewhere?

Agenda? To penalise the jap ah pek supporters for their votes hahaha?

LOL, what premium petrol sedan under Cat A?

This is just another B&B car competing with Vios, City and the likes.....

Of course, the car is constructed much solidly than Vios and City, but end of the day, it's just another kah tah.

Please chong! Bid high COE. 100k COE.

Conventional wisdom has never gone wrong. All Conti cars can write off besides Mercedes and BMW.

It has proven again and again! Majority understand this basic theory.

I am driving a 9 years old Toyota Picnic. 255,000 mileage. With regular maintenance. Never give headache. Never replace aircon and gearbox. Only replaced 2 suspension and pump.

LOL, what premium petrol sedan under Cat A?

This is just another B&B car competing with Vios, City and the likes.....

Of course, the car is constructed much solidly than Vios and City, but end of the day, it's just another kah tah.

If u have deep pocket buy Mercedes, BMW and Lexus. Read the news. One Chinese car maker will be pumping money into one of the French car makers.
  • Dislike 1

Audi badge is bigger than VW(which is crap). BUT, Audi A3? ENTRY LEVEL conti which only appeal to badgewhores(Most Singaporeans, tts why streets filled with VW/ 320/ etc.....want an Audi? Anyone can buy. Wan an audi with respect? Please at least get an A6.

dont anyhow generalize leh...

i have mroe respect on someone getting a4 3.2 than a puny 2.0 a6

Any perceptions of conspiracy is just that.

I am just laughing at the LTA for shooting themself in the foot and the fortuitous coincidence of the reduced special tax from the perspective of the dealers.

I am just laughing at the LTA for shooting themself in the foot and the fortuitous coincidence of the reduced special tax from the perspective of the dealers.

Please don't rush. More COE tuning is coming.

Conventional wisdom has never gone wrong. All Conti cars can write off besides Mercedes and BMW.

It has proven again and again! Majority understand this basic theory.

I am driving a 9 years old Toyota Picnic. 255,000 mileage. With regular maintenance. Never give headache. Never replace aircon and gearbox. Only replaced 2 suspension and pump.

If u have deep pocket buy Mercedes, BMW and Lexus. Read the news. One Chinese car maker will be pumping money into one of the French car makers.

A lot of time hor, conventional wisdom are shaped by situation of the time if you old enough to understand. If last 20 years contis car have been as affordable as now compare to jap/korea car, you think jap cars would stand a chance to be as popular now? In the past, people keep away from conti cars because they are expensive though very desirable. And yes it includes VW, stop denying yourself. Not many buy, so spare parts definitely not as cheap, so vicious cycle. And last last time, jap cars were like JUNK but people still buy because they are CHEAP, thus giving it the chance to improve and progress till now. I would go so far to say that conventional wisdom is that people buy car if it is cheap and not too shabby or no viable alternatives exist.

Like when I considering my first MPV, I got Carens instead of Touran as the price then were about $64k vs $90k while Stream was $74k. No need to think a penny pincher will get which one right? But now Touran is even cheaper then Stream/Wish! I would say all the jap/korea car dealers would be thanking their lucky stars that VW got the 7speed DSG problem, if not all will be eating grass now.

But with A180 selling at 138K ( albeit with condition) vs 133K for Altis, you no need deep pockets to enjoy Merz quality with interior of A180 being more spacious though without a boot. Good luck to jap/korea car dealers again.

And if I have deep pockets, you expect me to be buying Toyota/Honda/VW/Ford/Peugeot/Citroen/etc to make myself look cheap? Look at all the loaded guys here in this forum and the cars they drive, you will get the picture.

A lot of time hor, conventional wisdom are shaped by situation of the time if you old enough to understand. If last 20 years contis car have been as affordable as now compare to jap/korea car, you think jap cars would stand a chance to be as popular now? In the past, people keep away from conti cars because they are expensive though very desirable. And yes it includes VW, stop denying yourself. Not many buy, so spare parts definitely not as cheap, so vicious cycle. And last last time, jap cars were like JUNK but people still buy because they are CHEAP, thus giving it the chance to improve and progress till now. I would go so far to say that conventional wisdom is that people buy car if it is cheap and not too shabby or no viable alternatives exist.

Like when I considering my first MPV, I got Carens instead of Touran as the price then were about $64k vs $90k while Stream was $74k. No need to think a penny pincher will get which one right? But now Touran is even cheaper then Stream/Wish! I would say all the jap/korea car dealers would be thanking their lucky stars that VW got the 7speed DSG problem, if not all will be eating grass now.

But with A180 selling at 138K ( albeit with condition) vs 133K for Altis, you no need deep pockets to enjoy Merz quality with interior of A180 being more spacious though without a boot. Good luck to jap/korea car dealers again.

And if I have deep pockets, you expect me to be buying Toyota/Honda/VW/Ford/Peugeot/Citroen/etc to make myself look cheap? Look at all the loaded guys here in this forum and the cars they drive, you will get the picture.

I can see more new Camry on the road. Anyway, good luck and Happy Lunar New Year.

I only helping you to complete the dots. Really explain a lot, with the way you put the events sequence. I can't think of what else could be the reason.

I can see more new Camry on the road. Anyway, good luck and Happy Lunar New Year.

Happy Lunar New Year to you too. Peace. Btw, I really like the Picnic you driving for its SPACE and the fact that it is of 2L. Too bad it was already EOL when I looking for MPV.

Edited by Heartlander

I only helping you to complete the dots. Really explain a lot, with the way you put the events sequence. I can't think of what else could be the reason.

Happy Lunar New Year to you too. Peace. Btw, I really like the Picnic you driving for its SPACE and the fact that it is of 2L. Too bad it was already EOL when I looking for MPV.

Its just my observations, your predisposition to connecting dots has nothing to do with me.

dont anyhow generalize leh...

i have mroe respect on someone getting a4 3.2 than a puny 2.0 a6

A $80 badge stating "3.2 L" and another $100 badge stating "quattro", plus one more on the front grille.... that's how much it takes to win your respect! So cheap! :D

A $80 badge stating "3.2 L" and another $100 badge stating "quattro", plus one more on the front grille.... that's how much it takes to win your respect! So cheap! :D

My neighbour bought the "quattro" badge at $80 only, from Premium Automobiles somemore [rolleyes]

In part also marketing strategy change by BMW and Mercedes..they are going for this piece of pie too...the budget pple... FWD 1 series coming... look at CLA, A-class, B-class.... last time lowest entry are 3-series and C-class

↡ Advertisement