New Audi A3 Sedan - "only premium petrol sedan under Cat A"

Glyuen

Let me put it this way. There are some Ministers, friends of ministers, rich people, etc... All wanna change cars regularly too and they can jolly well afford it. But they will not wanna spend so much on their cars considering that they've seen the days of below $20k COEs.

The policies implemented for COEs are just to feed their ego, not to serve the general population.

Don't forget, there's still a 0.5% growth of vehicle population on our roads. The traffic ain't getting lesser, it's getting worse. Welcome to the real Singapore.

But at least we're not like in Jakata. I read in newspaper, they say the whole city will be in gridlock if JKT dun do anything about controlling the vehicle population or start expanding their train network to get people off the roads.

Soon we'll be like them no, purely because we're a too much of a densely populated city???

(edited)

Don't forget, there's still a 0.5% growth of vehicle population on our roads. The traffic ain't getting lesser, it's getting worse. Welcome to the real Singapore.

Yah, so why even allow for a 0.5% growth?

Why must the govt satisfy the middle class want to buy new cars?

The policy should be: only if you can afford it, otherwise, switch to public transport.

The affordability hurdle (COE premia) will thus have to be set by the people.

Fix quota growth at zero, or -0.5% (I say) ... until we see some improvements on the roads - together with more punitive ERP, reduced CBD parking availability and enhanced+expanded public transport!!!

Yes, fix COE quota growth to zero-to-negative. Let premiums rise to >$100,000!!!

Edited by Astrid

Turbocharged

The policy should be: only if you can afford it, otherwise, switch to public transport.

Fix quota growth at zero, or -0.5% (I say) ... until we see some improvements on the roads - together with more punitive ERP, reduced CBD parking availability and enhanced+expanded public transport!!!

Yes, fix COE quota growth to zero-to-negative. Let premiums rise to >$100,000!!!

Just curious, people keep saying reduce numbers of car to improve condition, what level of condition is consider Ok? Base on average speed? My home to office is 39km and I have to take 5 expressway to and fro...

The average time is around 50-60mins during peak hour and if late at night, can reach in less than 30mins or maybe 25mins but that is with 'court case speed' whenever possible... So, I'm wondering, what is acceptable for me to agree with reducing cars on the road?.. Ave 40mins?...ummm

Mind our own business. Do not compare with other city.

Now, our neighbouring countries are building cars with engineering knowledge. We are printing papers without brains.

Sure! See u in nxt election.

Yes, fix COE quota growth to zero-to-negative. Let premiums rise to >$100,000!!![/quote

U are so selfish. U are insulting common Singaporeans. No respect.

Just curious, people keep saying reduce numbers of car to improve condition, what level of condition is consider Ok? Base on average speed? My home to office is 39km and I have to take 5 expressway to and fro...

The average time is around 50-60mins during peak hour and if late at night, can reach in less than 30mins or maybe 25mins but that is with 'court case speed' whenever possible... So, I'm wondering, what is acceptable for me to agree with reducing cars on the road?.. Ave 40mins?...ummm

woh 39 kms... I thought my morning drive was bad at 30 kms :D But 30 kms of AYE in the morning and PIE in the evening means for me also it takes about 45mins-1hr with peak traffic. Other times it only takes 30 mins.

I think this is itself acceptable for me. I remember taking 1 hr on avg to do 15 kms on Sheik Zayed Rd, Dubai. That was an everyday occurrence. Lets not even go to the traffic situation in Madras when I was posted there for 6 months. It was Hell! 15 kms in the evening took me about 2 hrs. I would have done 10 kms of that trip in 30 mins and then spend the next 1.5hrs waiting at a junction. Every fcking day.

Turbocharged

woh 39 kms... I thought my morning drive was bad at 30 kms :D But 30 kms of AYE in the morning and PIE in the evening means for me also it takes about 45mins-1hr with peak traffic. Other times it only takes 30 mins.

I think this is itself acceptable for me. I remember taking 1 hr on avg to do 15 kms on Sheik Zayed Rd, Dubai. That was an everyday occurrence. Lets not even go to the traffic situation in Madras when I was posted there for 6 months. It was Hell! 15 kms in the evening took me about 2 hrs. I would have done 10 kms of that trip in 30 mins and then spend the next 1.5hrs waiting at a junction. Every fcking day.

That's why I'm not really complaining here, 1hr cover 39km is not that bad IMO.. The time wasted mostly around expressway's exit/entrance area where cars slowdown a lot... So,perhaps relook at the road design could be the holy grail in solving the 'heavy traffic jam' issues.. But knowing how those scholar works, build erp gantry, reduce coe quota and more tax is definitely their choice of approach...

• Praise 2

Sorry to hear that... Maybe German electrical engineering not so good ba...

My old-tech LCD 42" TV is Dutch and still going strong after 7 years!

And pretty sure almost all have dutch bulbs to light up our homes!

saw in the papers today. $153,999, not say very worth it, but it's indeed cheaper than mazda 3 (155k) and comparable to camry (158k).

just have to live with how small the car is.

U are so selfish. U are insulting common Singaporeans. No respect.

Common Singaporean take public transport lor ... not I say one.

What buy car?

Who say can buy, when COEs go >$100,000?

Cos got total 50% loan cap hor ;-)

Common Singaporean take public transport lor ... not I say one.

What buy car?

Who say can buy, when COEs go >$100,000?

Cos got total 50% loan cap hor ;-)

LTA huat! 1 bowl of noodle will $5 hawker center. Food court will be $10. Money must come from somewhere.

Saw the A3 sedan parked in front of an A4 at their showroom at the traffic light junction. A3 sedan seriously not that small. About the size of the previous gen A4? No wonder got quite a few orders!

I have to give credit to Audi designers, for although i do not like their lazy, evolving design, but the design works for every model in their lineup! Just xs, s, M, L, XL.... Lol!

• Praise 1

Just now went to take alook at the a3 sedan.. 20k less than a a4..

so whats the buying point?

hmmmm

A4 out going model le...

New A4 expected to in our shore by this year then you see the real difference

Saw the A3 sedan parked in front of an A4 at their showroom at the traffic light junction. A3 sedan seriously not that small. About the size of the previous gen A4? No wonder got quite a few orders!

I have to give credit to Audi designers, for although i do not like their lazy, evolving design, but the design works for every model in their lineup! Just xs, s, M, L, XL.... Lol!

After 1 year, 20k down to the drain.

A4 out going model le...

Strange! So YR2013 cars for sales. Either upgrade or downgrade.

A4 out going model le...

Conventional wisdom never go wrong. Mercedes is the only choice. Other Conti can write off.

A4 out going model le...

So many Audi on the road in China. It just like an average family car.

So many Audi on the road in China. It just like an average family car.

it's an image thing. in the past only government officials had audi, and most were black. the standard official car in china had been the audi 100, then audi A6, and now audi A6L.

↡ Advertisement