17 arrested for drink-driving on 25th Jan 2014

Darthrevan

drink-driving.jpg

Traffic police arrested 17 motorists for drink-driving in an island-wide operation in the early hours on Saturday.

In a statement, it said 54 motorists were stopped and tested for alcohol consumption during the operation.
Seventeen motorists aged between 25 and 59, including 16 men and one woman, failed the test and were arrested.
The highest Breath Evidential Analyser (BEA) test result was 81 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath.
That is more than twice the prescribed legal limit of 35 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath.
Traffic police warned that those found guilty of drink-driving will be disqualified from driving for at least 12 months.
They will lose their driving licences and have to retake and pass the theory and practical driving tests to get their driving licences again.
In addition, first-time offenders can be fined between S$1,000 and S$5,000.
Repeat offenders may be fined up to S$30,000 and given a mandatory jail term of up to three years.
They may also be caned up to six strokes if death or serious injury is caused.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I will repeat again, I'm all for go in changi chalet 2weeks first then talk about 12mths min gantung plus fine...

i think the best is Changi chalet for 2 weeks, gantong min 24mths,after 24mths, tagged 'pager' upon release for 1 year, all entertainment outlets to install devices to detect those wearing the 'pagers' and will trigger alarms and entertainment outlets have to take down particulars and do a breathalyser test on those buggers...

sounds too xtreme. but nothing is impossible for our miw. if they can enforce smoking zones in entertainment outlets, this is childs play to them.

• Praise 3

i think the best is Changi chalet for 2 weeks, gantong min 24mths,after 24mths, tagged 'pager' upon release for 1 year, all entertainment outlets to install devices to detect those wearing the 'pagers' and will trigger alarms and entertainment outlets have to take down particulars and do a breathalyser test on those buggers...

sounds too xtreme. but nothing is impossible for our miw. if they can enforce smoking zones in entertainment outlets, this is childs play to them.

Becareful for what you wish, its all tax payers money involved.

• Praise 1

U have some very good ideas.....But who is going to bear the costs?

• Praise 2

U have some very good ideas.....But who is going to bear the costs?

Maybe detuct CPF money from the offenders to pay for these things, on top of the usual fines? No more CPF for detuctions? Then send them to do road work, sweep the roads, bin centres, clean public toilets, FOC? Edited by Super7
  • Praise 2

Maybe detuct CPF money from the offenders to pay for these things, on top of the usual fines? No more CPF for detuctions? Then send them to do road work, sweep the roads, bin centres, clean public toilets, FOC?

Wow. U r a very hard man hor. [whip]

• Praise 1

Wow. U r a very hard man hor. [whip]

Not hard, not hard, as long as they don't commit the wrong in the first place ---- my suggested treatments are totally avoidable if they don't want to be treated the ways suggested.

Maybe detuct CPF money from the offenders to pay for these things, on top of the usual fines? No more CPF for detuctions? Then send them to do road work, sweep the roads, bin centres, clean public toilets, FOC?

Sohardcore.jpg

I recall in ozzie, it's against social etiquette to drive after drinking. They absolutely insist on getting a cab home after downing some booze. Not the bogans though.

• Praise 2

Actually pretty ingenious I must say... scully after they see ur post, u get invited to join grass roots or RC [:p]

Heard in lalio previously, they say in some ...was it belgium? Some Car parks at night spots use gantry system. Key thing is, for the barrier to lift, there is a breathlyser gadget with a pouch of hygeine wrap overs beside it. So driver must take the test & pass b4 barrier lifts.

So if there is a queue....1 chap fail in front..... [knife] Wonder what will happen if implemented here at prominant leading spots.

• Praise 1

Actually pretty ingenious I must say... scully after they see ur post, u get invited to join grass roots or RC [:p]

Heard in lalio previously, they say in some ...was it belgium? Some Car parks at night spots use gantry system. Key thing is, for the barrier to lift, there is a breathlyser gadget with a pouch of hygeine wrap overs beside it. So driver must take the test & pass b4 barrier lifts.

So if there is a queue....1 chap fail in front..... [knife] Wonder what will happen if implemented here at prominant leading spots.

They will pay some passersby to take the breath test on their behalf!! Sgp drinkers have many tricks!

I will repeat again, I'm all for go in changi chalet 2weeks first then talk about 12mths min gantung plus fine...

Personally, i think these checks should be conducted on a regular basis rather than just during the festive season.

• Praise 5

Not hard, not hard, as long as they don't commit the wrong in the first place ---- my suggested treatments are totally avoidable if they don't want to be treated the ways suggested.

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

They will pay some passersby to take the breath test on their behalf!! Sgp drinkers have many tricks!

But at that time of the night, real passerbys may exceed even more ... [grin]

However.....sounds like a new job could be created, per blow job $50.... [idea]

But at that time of the night, real passerbys may exceed even more ... [grin]

However.....sounds like a new job could be created, per blow job $50.... [idea]

This kind of blow jobs very wholesome!! It can be deadly also cuz further down the road the car may wrap lamppost

↡ Advertisement