Yokohama BluEarth Ace-AE50

Cephas

yours is low profile tyre.....i guess most will be noisy

I recently changed to yoko v105 245/40/18.

very gd grip and not as noisy as i thought. quite happy with my purchase

i was on goodyear eagle F1 assymetric 3....even less bumpy and noisy than this AE50 leh..

previous was 245/45/19 but dont look so fierce..i tot comfort tyre + my car soundproof thick thick can counter the problem...

turns out im wrong lol..now im stuck for another 1 whole year

↡ Advertisement

Just changed to these recently, along with an upgrade to 16" rims, from 15" Bridgestone Ecopia EP200. These Yokohamas are a lot quieter, and make even the super rough patches on the PIE bearable.

• Praise 1

Bringing this up

Any recommended workshop to get AE50?

Kah Tyres & Batteries.

Located at 209 Lavendar Street.

Bought a set of 205/50/R16 tyres from them for my Dad's ride few months back together with new 16" rims.

(edited)

just bought 245/35/19 $220 each...

noisy leh..............

also just bought 4 x 16 inch Yokohama BluEarth for my lancer cs3

205 / 50R16

very noisy, not comfort leh =(

my previous Nexen is more quiet during the first 10km+

Edited by supersen

Bringing this up

Any recommended workshop to get AE50?

Why not just get it from YHI Advanti Centre straight? they do have a workshop! 100% freshest tyre in the market that you can ever find. 

1)Freshest Tyre in the market

2)price is reasonable 

3)free tyre rotation and balancing though out the whole tyre life (this is what i like the most)

4)Free patching through out the whole tyre life (this is what i like the most too)

5)Free battery check 

Why not just get it from YHI Advanti Centre straight? they do have a workshop! 100% freshest tyre in the market that you can ever find.

2)price is reasonable

3)free tyre rotation and balancing though out the whole tyre life (this is what i like the most)

4)Free patching through out the whole tyre life (this is what i like the most too)

5)Free battery check

Cos must run until pandan

I think dun need check. Yokohama they should have the best price. Cos they are the supppier .

Lol

Edited by Beregond

2)price is reasonable 

4)Free patching through out the whole tyre life (this is what i like the most too)

5)Free battery check 

from the YHI  website 

they are the Official distributors of Yokohama tires in the region .

they have many Dealer or resellers in their market .

I am all the dealers should have the same so call Freshest tire

retail preices by YHI should be reasonble that can balance between their Dealer and own retail outlet

free tire service and wish they can do the 4 wheels instead of just front 2 which came with the Free package

free patching ? that is good package and i wish they can Patch not Plug , almost all tire company recommend Patch (internal) not Plug

free battery check is a good service and as customer we can always request for this Free from any Workshop.

do prepare after the test and you are told to replace when the result show no good and you will wondering I came here perfectly no engine starting issue [confused] .

Hi Bro,

I pump in 220kpA for the front and 210kpA for the rear tyres. I tried adjusting +-10kpa to see if it makes a difference before. Still the same.

why u pump more in front? 

Yokohama Japan has already released BluEarth-GT AE51 in their domestic market. Appears to replace the current AE50 model. No idea when YHI will bring them in since they did not respond to my query via FB.

why u pump more in front? 

I think most B&B cars have front tyres with higher pressure than the rear due to weight distribution.

Kah Tyres & Batteries.

Located at 209 Lavendar Street.

Bought a set of 205/50/R16 tyres from them for my Dad's ride few months back together with new 16" rims.

Hi Bro, may I know what's the cost? Thinking of changing it too. Same profile as yours.

Turbocharged

Is this tyre still quiet after running in?

Most tyres become noisy once run in.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Is this tyre still quiet after running in?

Most tyres become noisy once run in.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

I would say how quiet the tyres are depends on how the condition of the road itself. It doesn't sound more noisy as my tyres reach the 60k mark on the repaved section of PIE than it was at 1/5/10/20/30k etc.

Supercharged

i have also just change to this..

pretty good in wet/dry

noise level, acceptable.. maybe its still new.

never use yokohama before..

dont even know what model is it.. just buy because the boss told me its made in japan..

something must have gone into me.. for some reason, i'm not thinking right.. 😧

On 3/15/2021 at 1:11 AM, Yousurebo said:

Is there difference between yokohama ae50 and e50? 

The threads seem quite different. 

I just changed my original Yokohama E50 on my Honda Shuttle to a new set of E50 for $280.

This original set has never given me any problem except that it wears out faster at the edges due to the thread design i.e. The groves at the edges are less deep. Hence, I just changed to the same type as the price was good.

I feel so much more confident driving on the road now as I have hit 41k+ within 2 years 3 months on the original set and some of the threads near the edges have worn out (I usually pump around 240-250 kPa).

↡ Advertisement