DIY Waxing

Extremme

Car50.. U missed out the Tyre Shine!

me too, I have to own up, I didnt wash the rims and tyres, my focus was to polish off the scratches and markings . Edited by Ct3833

Neutral Newbie

Nice read.

Jet spray car body and rims thoroughly.

Jet foam and allow the soap to sit in awhile before using wool mittens to gently agitate the surface. No scrubbing.

Rinse off with jet spray.

Dry the car with clean towel and a blower. Try not to rub towel across the surface.

Spray quick detailer.

Anything that's dry and without any lubricant will scratch the surface of car.

On 8/22/2019 at 7:56 PM, Ferderico said:

Dry the car with clean towel and a blower. Try not to rub towel across the surface.

means you dab your car dry ?? wah, siong leh 

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Voxy28 said:

For DIY using glass coat, u guys might want to try this which is readily available online.

https://pikarain.asia/products/premium.html

I am using the detailer for weekly wash.

Just curious why still use wax when there is all these new coating stuff available.

I second that, tons of coating stuff in the markets now. SIO2, ceramic spray etc. Somehow I went one big round and I am back to the sealant and wax combination. I find coating stuff tends to have more water spotting issue tho it may last longer than a old school wax. Just my own finding...

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Maddriver said:

I second that, tons of coating stuff in the markets now. SIO2, ceramic spray etc. Somehow I went one big round and I am back to the sealant and wax combination. I find coating stuff tends to have more water spotting issue tho it may last longer than a old school wax. Just my own finding...

Interesting... may I know your car make and color?

anyway I had a old  325 coupe which I had not send for detailing for 9 years and still look great after commercial car wash. No coat nothing only stock factory paint. However bec of a minor bump which I send for repair at the bumper, the part that was repaired showed aging sign of discoloration. So the top coat paint is most important imo.

But this car seldom see daylight ie park under shade so that helps a lot to preserve the top coat. Anyway I had sold the car and now looking detailer to coat with ceramic or glass coat for new ride that’s why I am here to see what’s new.😂

I had also done a ceramic coat on aQashqai before and the coat hardly last more than 8 months before it faded away. Looks great first 2 weeks thereafter the effect tail off. After that I am pretty skeptical of all this coating unless u diligently send for more coat, no diff from old school polish and wash. 🙄

• Praise 1

On 9/1/2019 at 7:37 AM, Maddriver said:

Some of the coated are about $1,000? And how long would it last ?if it last for a year or two, might as well to respray every 2 years. Care to share some thoughts since you guys are quite experience in this area ?  Thanks first.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:09 AM, Ct3833 said:

Some of the coated are about $1,000? And how long would it last ?if it last for a year or two, might as well to respray every 2 years. Care to share some thoughts since you guys are quite experience in this area ?  Thanks first.

I am now embarking on a different tactic. Send for normal polish wax detailer using Meguiar products. Exterior alone I think it is $220 or so. After that do my own paint protection with Meguiar 365 2 coat every 3 month.

i cannot stomach 1k package ea for 2 cars. 😂

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Voxy28 said:

I am now embarking on a different tactic. Send for normal polish wax detailer using Meguiar products. Exterior alone I think it is $220 or so. After that do my own paint protection with Meguiar 365 2 coat every 3 month.

i cannot stomach 1k package ea for 2 cars. 😂

Thanks for sharing. But from my perspective looking at you, you can stomach 2 cars, what is another 1k per car . haha !

• Shocked 1

Not a fan of turtle wax ice at all but seeing much good reviews in YT so decided to give their ice spray wax a try..I must admit it is no longer the turtle wax i know 15 years ago. The slickness, shine and ease of application is a plus point for this product and is going to kill off a lot of big boys.

If you are into diy and want something fast and price reasonable, give it a try.. Had it on my 4 years old silver and it looked great.

citroen.thumb.jpg.8559ca39232e87a606a020d12e6c7a09.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 8/17/2019 at 12:18 PM, Ct3833 said:

Now then I read your post. Luckily I did wash it with shampoo. Never used claybar before but the $5 claybar works magically.

May I know where u get your $5 clay bar

30 minutes ago, Cal85 said:

May I know where u get your $5 clay bar

Hi, bought from shopee.sg. PMed you, just go search in shopee.sg,  quite many of them are selling. 

↡ Advertisement