Dashboard cracks

Becool73

Hi folks and online kantau kings. Having major heart aches looking at my dashboard cracks. Anyone driving a mark x 2007 model with this problem and found a solution? I dont wanna spend too much as i really dont know how long i gonna drive this machine. Any tips or solutions please enlighten. Cheers!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi folks and online kantau kings. Having major heart aches looking at my dashboard cracks. Anyone driving a mark x 2007 model with this problem and found a solution? I dont wanna spend too much as i really dont know how long i gonna drive this machine. Any tips or solutions please enlighten. Cheers!

Dun look at it?

Got budget boh? There are a lot of merchants here who does interior upholstery including dashboard. Just have to browse a little and make some phone calls to ask for quote. Use Google is faster if you dunno how to navigate the sgcarmart website.

Edited by Watwheels

Which part of the dash? The top part?

Maybe can get to dash mat e.g. furry, fabric to plc on the top of the whole dash.. Maybe can stick those carbon fibre sticker too

• Praise 1

Very normal for mark x dashboard to crack. Many cases already. Rewrapping of the dashboard costs about $1K+.

It's whether if you think it's worth it.........

Oh hey I thought this was only a subaru legacy problem.

Dashmat or rewrap lor. Rewrap more chio somemore can put colour colour stitching.

Or do what I do and just ignore it.

This is the first time I heard of a cracking dashboard... Wonder how it looks like?.. Got pic to share?...

Quite common for hard plastic dash like Jap cars. For contis, it's usually melting plastics.

Old Slyphy even got bubbles causing it to look like being strucked by STD disease.

Some plastic bins/boxes/bags will self-disintegrate even stored in shady home.

Just like anything, plastics got many grades too. Even metal like aluminum will self-disintegrate/break off into pieces after some time. I ever got cut by the HDB window handle - it just snapped without warning and there.......

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Happy Lunar New Year to all.

With regard to dashboard rewrapping. Alway wonder will it cause restriction on the airbag?

Used to 'kiwi' the hairline crack on my dash to cover the gap and polish up with those dashboard shine solution.

Edited by Iamtheone
  • Praise 1

Ya. As spoken by other dudes, it will be dependent on how badly the crack is. Either try to polish of or get a dashboard mat if the crack is manageable. For dashboard mat, try to search online first. Alot of foreigner websites give good deals!!

If not, can get a dashboard rewrap. Here is the quick link in sgcarmart:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?CAT=14

Happy Lunar New Year to all.

With regard to dashboard rewrapping. Alway wonder will it cause restriction on the airbag?

Used to 'kiwi' the hairline crack on my dash to cover the gap and polish up with those dashboard shine solution.

I guess will be dependent on car models bah. Most likely will not. However, always confirm with the installer beforehand. If they say will not affect and you have doubts, get the installer to include the terms into remarks. Can get back to them in case... Hehe

Yeah, thought only Legacy has this problem...

Either ignore or use a filler(?) if it's just a small crack. Rewrap if it's a pretty big crack.

It's a thin crack that's running all over the dashboard. Those who own MkX will know the problem. Will upload pics soon. Just got bk from overseas.

Firstly like to wish everyone Happy Lunar New year. Hope all of you enjoyed the holidays.

And thanks for the replies. I guess wrapping is not an option due to the cost as I don't intend to drive the car longer than 2 yrs from now. Already 2yr plus now. PLus, got other issues coming up like brakes so got to prioritize the expenses.

I can't ignore the cracks leh. It's all over. Unless I adopt Mr. Bean Style and sit on the roof to drive. Considering using fillers to cover the cracks. Once I post some pictures than you all might have a better idea. Cheers!

This is the first time I heard of a cracking dashboard... Wonder how it looks like?.. Got pic to share?...

It's not crack as in the entire dashboard crack dude. It's the surface leather that seems to be cracking like earth quake in the movies. Will post some pictures soon.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro not only mark x has crack dashboard even is250 has crack dashboard done mine cost less than $700 to rewrap the whole dashboard.

↡ Advertisement