NEA applies for court summons against Aljunied Town Council

Zxcvb

parkway parade central also got similar one, so how??

win liao lor...

When Marine Parade or East Coast is down, will also kana.

• Praise 4

When Marine Parade or East Coast is down, will also kana.

when that place kana, its also a time for the super old bird to retire from that constituency.

• Praise 6

Haiz.... Can't focus on the important things and wanna pick on the petty stuff.

then we see this again???

vivian_bala-ceiling.jpg

• Praise 1

Maybe NEA has a case, but AHPETC just have to be careful, bcuz every shit is going to be aimed at them to make them look bad.

Fixed the opposition !

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 3

Maybe NEA has a case, but AHPETC just have to be careful, bcuz every shit is going to be aimed at them.

Fixed the opposition !

That's why in my other post, I mentioned..........if they would put in as much dedication to fix the people's problem as they would fix the opposition, it will not take long at all for the current problems the people face, to be fixed............

• Praise 1

Farking NEA . CCB! My complaints about my neighbour smoking along common corridor they just chuck aside and bo hiew. Do this kind of lan jiao damn on the ball. KNN! NEA go eat sh!t . .

• Praise 4

If I am not wrong, holding trade fairs fall under jurisdiction of PA, not Town Council. Town Councils are not allowed to call for trade fairs to earn income. NEA just doing what it is supposed to do.

But they already say - if got opposition in parliament, more time will be spent "fixing" them than in fixing problems - fair warning was given.

That's why in my other post, I mentioned..........if they would put in as much dedication to fix the people's problem as they would fix the opposition, it will not take long at all for the current problems the people face, to be fixed............

If I am not wrong, holding trade fairs fall under jurisdiction of PA, not Town Council. Town Councils are not allowed to call for trade fairs to earn income. NEA just doing what it is supposed to do.

If have been following the news it is pretty obvious that NEA and AHPETC (or whatever is the name of the opposition town council) and PA have an ongoing feud.

For an outside observer it looks very much as if pettiness is ruling the day, to the detriment of all.

One poke poke find fault here, the other retaliate, the third try to make the first look as bad as possible.

The whole thing looks like* a mess created out of a desire to make the opposition look bad, and then the opposition responds with less than admirable pettiness.

* Knowing only what has been reported, which is probably less than a full and complete story.

Guess it will be that heated till the next BIG thing...& probably afterwards as well... [shakehead]

Opposition politicians lament politicisation of grassroots, lack of progress since polls

Published on Jan 29, 2014

9:58 PM

syPritamS29012014e.jpg

Workers' Party Member of Parliament for Aljunied GRC Pritam Singh has spoken out against the "politicisation" of grassroots organisations and said that should change as Singapore moves forward. -- ST FILE PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN
By Tham Yuen-c

Workers' Party Member of Parliament for Aljunied GRC Pritam Singh has spoken out against the "politicisation" of grassroots organisations and said that should change as Singapore moves forward.

He said that these organisations, which come under the People's Association, operate as quasi local governments.

He alleged that two recent high-profile disputes between the WP and government agencies over hawker centre cleaning and trade fairs, came about because of complaints from members of the Citizen's Consultative Committee (CCC) who are also members of the People's Action Party.

He held this up as an example of how CCCs sometimes serve the needs of political leaders and the government of the day more than they do citizens' needs, he said at a political forum on Wednesday.

(source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/opposition-politicians-lament-politicisation-grassroots-lack-progress- )

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2