NEA applies for court summons against Aljunied Town Council

Zxcvb

Today st page b2.

Mr selfie "I love my own picture" baey basically confirming and reminding people that PA is PAP and you can go selfie yourself if you not happy.

↡ Advertisement

Operation Punishment. That's what u get for going against them. This could be one of many things to come, so WP must always be prepared for them

Recently my RC called for volunteers to join a "walkabout" with our MP.

The MP will be distributing Mandarin Oranges and Sweets I understand and talking to residents. Volunteers were called for under the auspices of the PA.

What it seems to me, is that the RC is thus helping with the visibility of the "Advisor", and helping to build like / relationship goodwill towards this person within the constituency.

Operation Punishment. That's what u get for going against them. This could be one of many things to come, so WP must always be prepared for them

I think this is silly and petty for PAP to do that, didn't they know that it doesn't work anymore? if it doesn't work for the past 20yr in Hougang why would it work in AHPETC? they are just pushing AHPETC resident into the arms of WP in 2016.

• Praise 1

That's why in my other post, I mentioned..........if they would put in as much dedication to fix the people's problem as they would fix the opposition, it will not take long at all for the current problems the people face, to be fixed............

I think their policy objectives are the cause of the problems. how to admit policy is the problem?

just like tender out hawker stalls.. cannot below market rate.. if not leave vacant.

take so long to reverse this policy.

even hdb factories, the assignment thing now then come and control. they even wanted to privatize like REIT just like JTC.

behind all this is the goal to maximize profit. that is the directive given by pap.

the policy is the problem. how to fix the problem? [sly]

Guess it will be that heated till the next BIG thing...& probably afterwards as well... [shakehead]

Opposition politicians lament politicisation of grassroots, lack of progress since polls

Published on Jan 29, 2014

9:58 PM

syPritamS29012014e.jpg

Workers' Party Member of Parliament for Aljunied GRC Pritam Singh has spoken out against the "politicisation" of grassroots organisations and said that should change as Singapore moves forward. -- ST FILE PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN
By Tham Yuen-c

Workers' Party Member of Parliament for Aljunied GRC Pritam Singh has spoken out against the "politicisation" of grassroots organisations and said that should change as Singapore moves forward.

He said that these organisations, which come under the People's Association, operate as quasi local governments.

He alleged that two recent high-profile disputes between the WP and government agencies over hawker centre cleaning and trade fairs, came about because of complaints from members of the Citizen's Consultative Committee (CCC) who are also members of the People's Action Party.

He held this up as an example of how CCCs sometimes serve the needs of political leaders and the government of the day more than they do citizens' needs, he said at a political forum on Wednesday.

(source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/opposition-politicians-lament-politicisation-grassroots-lack-progress- )

Keep it up! [sly]

piss more people off!

but in the back of my head, I think Singaporeans are dumb F@rks. keep voting them.

• Praise 3

I think this is silly and petty for PAP to do that, didn't they know that it doesn't work anymore? if it doesn't work for the past 20yr in Hougang why would it work in AHPETC? they are just pushing AHPETC resident into the arms of WP in 2016.

They could be doing this to instil fear into the other SMC/GRC (s).

• Praise 1

Ruling party's alleged use of civil service (in this case NEA, which is supposed to be independent of political influence / favour) for selfish, politically motivated objectives is hardly acceptable though not unexpected. i could be wrong.

• Praise 2

Not fear but pissing everybody off, look what social media can do to Anton Casey and they will realise that their biggest enemy are social media. Like what LKY say, control the media and you control the mind of the people.

They have to stick to their gun until someone comes out with a better way to fix the opposition.

This is exactly the same thing they do with their policies.

Dirty tactics and shit stirring is always in politics in which ever country and whichever age and generation, so what is new? Suck it up and prove that those petite tactics aren't working.

The best way to prove people wrong is keep quiet and do it properly. SHOW it to the people that you can conform and let the people see the difference in treatment and how the opposition can do well .

I always believe it , you do quietly people can see , people can dig shit and throw at you , we are educated and media is always open in the current world. All have eyes to see.

The current supporters in PAP in the older generation is slowly dying out , the current batch of voters are suffering due to abuse temasek via their choice of CEO in our "world" class public transport which breaks down every now and then. Kudoes to the cost cutting measures by the stupid ex ceo. Now the unhappiness level on how the handling of jobs on public transport has risen.

Like what the MM Lee said in his last interview with the press , politics is about keeping the happiness of more than 50% of the people , now we have people calling us "poor" , public transport breaking down, flooding every now and then , causing inconvenience to everyone.

There are more than 50% unhappy and wants a change , so all the opposition has to do is , PROVE it to the people THEY CAN HANDLE IT. That is more important. Quit whining about how it is not fair , every political party has the right to play dirty , that's why it is politics.

Edited by CH_CO
  • Praise 2

Not fear but pissing everybody off, look what social media can do to Anton Casey and they will realise that their biggest enemy are social media. Like what LKY say, control the media and you control the mind of the people.

That's why I always say:

Thank god for the internet! If not, we will still be reading our 154th papers.

• Praise 3

If I am not wrong, holding trade fairs fall under jurisdiction of PA, not Town Council. Town Councils are not allowed to call for trade fairs to earn income. NEA just doing what it is supposed to do.

Doing what you are suppose to do doesn't mean it is right. Instead of reminding the TC to submit for license approval or what not and making sure that public safety etc is not jeopardize, they chose to shoot letter. Have they got the interest of the public in mind, there is no doubt how so many better ways it can be managed.

Well, on their stand point, it is considered the "right" thing to do. Not only you scare other smaller parties of coming up to do, you also make some residents of that area thinking "would my area end up being boycott like potong pasir in the past?"

Hence, instead of losing votes all out, they are gambling their chances to earn a few votes for the next election.

Worst case scenario, they loses more votes in next GE and still loses hougang.

That Dr V must have a personal vendetta against WP. Bringing his politics to NEA is clearly abusing his powers. What's more to give this kinda low blow on CNY, clearly he has no respect for the culture. Ptui! ... better not spit else kenna summon from NEA.

[thumbsdown] for Dr V.

• Praise 1

They are still using old tactics that have proven not to work (not in HG, not in PP), other than alienating the residents and strengthening their resolve.

It is time to grow up and bin the old tactics. Fight like back like a man, offer real improvements, and not behaving like an irritating mosquito!

If I am not wrong, holding trade fairs fall under jurisdiction of PA, not Town Council. Town Councils are not allowed to call for trade fairs to earn income. NEA just doing what it is supposed to do.

Agree.

AHPETC has to win!

Edited by Kawasaki
↡ Advertisement