Cancer cases on the rise in Singapore

Darthrevan

Mum was cleared for surgery at PACE. So now waiting for call from the OT for the time to bring my mum to TTSH.

post-2654-0-08561300-1467682797_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

That's very depressing reading.

People are living longer so more are getting cancer.

You just can't win can you?

Live longer, you get cancer.

Don't want to get cancer, die young.

What kind of choice is that?

:D

have leh.................another choice is..........get cancer and die young............. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

to live long and not get cancer..............thats not a choice..............thats a WANT......... [:p]  [:p]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

One reason why its good to boil water and cool before drinking, it dechlorinates the water.

http://www.wikihow.com/Dechlorinate-Water

Maybe consumption of drinking water treated with chlorine could be the reason of cancer cases on the rises?

Adding chlorine to the drinking water is a double edge sword. It kills the harmful microbes but in the mean time it creates another harmful substances.

“Cancer risk among people using chlorinated water is as much as 93 percent higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine,” according to the U.S. Council of Environmental Quality.

http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/chlorine-in-drinking-water.html

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

One reason why its good to boil water and cool before drinking, it dechlorinates the water.

http://www.wikihow.com/Dechlorinate-Water

Actually the bigger danger is not through drinking water. For most Singaporeans, it is through showering and bathing because most uses water heater and skin, being the largest organ can certainly absorb in these chlorine,

"According to the Journal of Public Health, “Up to two-thirds of the harmful effects of chlorine are due to inhalation and skin absorption while showering.”

http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/chlorine-in-tap-water.html

I used a shower filter since years ago to make sure that the clorine in the water is minimized during shower.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

This is just my theory with no scientific proof whatsoever. [laugh]

Cancer is the mutation of cell, like software, something changes it internally.

It has very little impact during the 60s, 70s..maybe.

Then something changes, perhaps it's all the processed food we eat, food tinkering, gmo product on the rise, bcuz of demand. And we continue to eat more of it, bcuz it's cheap. Try organic food and you'll know why it's expensive.

Chlorine, fluorine, whatever -rine is just harse chemical. It kills, more like hardware, it kills everything from the outside.

Maybe more like chemo, it kills the good and the bad.

So I don't think the hardware is the problem, it's the software.

This is just my theory with no scientific proof whatsoever. [laugh]

Cancer is the mutation of cell, like software, something changes it internally.

It has very little impact during the 60s, 70s..maybe.

Then something changes, perhaps it's all the processed food we eat, food tinkering, gmo product on the rise, bcuz of demand. And we continue to eat more of it, bcuz it's cheap. Try organic food and you'll know why it's expensive.

Chlorine, fluorine, whatever -rine is just harse chemical. It kills, more like hardware, it kills everything from the outside.

Maybe more like chemo, it kills the good and the bad.

So I don't think the hardware is the problem, it's the software.

AFAIK,  chlorine is no longer used. 

I used a shower filter since years ago to make sure that the clorine in the water is minimized during shower.

Eh.. which one you use?

Also,  try not to take hot shower.  [cool]

Another source is instant noodles. Not so much on the soup base ingredients, but the petroleum by-chemicals used in the production of noodles. If possible, drain off the water to reduce exposure after cooking. Eat as dried version instead of soup version.

lol seriously, so scared of treated water. If u don't want treated water, u go drink longkang water lor  [laugh]

Supersonic

AFAIK,  chlorine is no longer used. 

Yeah, it's probably worse.

It's chloramine

• Praise 1

lol seriously, so scared of treated water. If u don't want treated water, u go drink longkang water lor  [laugh]

Can drink filtered and bottled water mah  [laugh]

Think it's all the data that is being sent over the airwaves.. We are bombarded by microwaves....

One by one my "arch enemies" get surfaced up.   [laugh]

lol seriously, so scared of treated water. If u don't want treated water, u go drink longkang water lor [laugh]

Luckily I only drink beer and wine.

They have natural occurring antioxidants.

They are also anti-bacterial.

Red wine has resveratrol and flavonoids.

So when doctor want to prescribe anti-biotics, I always say I have enough...Hahaha

Luckily I only drink beer and wine.

They have natural occurring antioxidants.

They are also anti-bacterial.

Red wine has resveratrol and flavonoids.

So when doctor want to prescribe anti-biotics, I always say I have enough...Hahaha

lol u believe can liao  [laugh]

bottled water worse; got added chemicals to preserve and prevent water from turning bad.

Turbocharged

When I was in India we only used the large bottle (water dispenser) type to drink and cook food, one day news reported that the plant making these bottles had some bacteria containment lol knn, better I drill my own well  [laugh]

When I was in India we only used the large bottle (water dispenser) type to drink and cook food, one day news reported that the plant making these bottles had some bacteria containment lol knn, better I drill my own well  [laugh]

aiyah, just be thankful we don't have lead poisoning here in SG.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/03/16/questions-answers-water-filters-lead/81219174/

↡ Advertisement