Aircon abnormal, blow hot air initially...need advice

Extinguisher

This problem only occur recently, need advice from bro here to prevent being smoked by workshop.

When I park under hot sun for quite long, the aircon will just blow out hot air, need to drive a while and on again before the cold air comes out. After that it will work normally. This only happens after parking under hot sun.

Any advice what might be wrong here?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

This problem only occur recently, need advice from bro here to prevent being smoked by workshop.

When I park under hot sun for quite long, the aircon will just blow out hot air, need to drive a while and on again before the cold air comes out. After that it will work normally. This only happens after parking under hot sun.

You may also want to post your question here : http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2692178-24hrs-free-technical-help-desk-for-your-automotive-problems/

i have the similar problem. it's when hot and stationary, the air is not cold....

when starts to move, the air will become b=cold but when stuck in jam, air become not cold again....

that's why traffic jam i chialat... sweat...

any problem or latio's aircon is that lousy?.. i dont remember it was like this but notice the heat recently....

I think it's norm. Heat trapped in the car. What you want to do is let the heat escape by opening fully of the windows and switch on aircon. When it's cooler dan you enter your car. Else you absorb all the heat as well.

For some ppl I know they turn the aircon to "outside air" mode before they switch off their cars if they park under the hot sun. This will allow some heat to escape.

Edited by Watwheels

air con fan? i changed mine before and it worked normally after that

I think it's norm. Heat trapped in the car. What you want to do is let the heat escape by opening fully of the windows and switch on aircon. When it's cooler dan you enter your car. Else you absorb all the heat as well.

For some ppl I know they turn the aircon to "outside air" mode before they switch off their cars if they park under the hot sun. This will allow some heat to escape.

No its not norm. Last time even park under hot sun, once I on aircon the air coming out can feel its cold air. Now hot air come out.

No its not norm. Last time even park under hot sun, once I on aircon the air coming out can feel its cold air. Now hot air come out.

Dan get a mechanic to check the refrigerant pressure level.

i have the similar problem. it's when hot and stationary, the air is not cold....

when starts to move, the air will become b=cold but when stuck in jam, air become not cold again....

that's why traffic jam i chialat... sweat...

any problem or latio's aircon is that lousy?.. i dont remember it was like this but notice the heat recently....

But my problem slightly different, it only blow hot air initially. Once it start blowing cold air after a while, it will work properly throughout the drive.

But my problem slightly different, it only blow hot air initially. Once it start blowing cold air after a while, it will work properly throughout the drive.

When I park under hot sun I will get what u described. ( I wouldn't say hot air but rather not so cold air)

When I park mscp, no issue & will be cool from the start.

And as the car/cooling coil/compressor ages & loses efficiency, the park in the hot sun issue would be more n more pronounced.

As a precaution, may just want to check pressure of cooling coil/compressor too & pump up if necessary. .....at the same time, have an assessment of condition, have an estimate how much to set aside & how long u have to raise the funds when the time comes.

recently my car also becomes not cold when stationary. I got it check and turn out no coil leak, pressure is good, no fan spoilt. The only problem is the temperature control mixer that control the cool air/warm air mix become loose, so it got stuck at the mid point instead of rotating to the cold air mix.

The WS took out the temperature control mixer and fixed it permanently at the cold air position since I never use warm air mix( so hot here!). The mixer is controlled by the temperature control knob which then regulate the amount of cool air or warm air.

I had this same problem recently. My car was blowing out hot air occassionaly from the start and became normal when driving. It got worser still and started blowing hot air when i am driving slow or stationary.

If you know where to look, you can see if your aircon compressor is running when your car is blowing out hot air. If it isn't running, either your compressor is dead or the wire might be faulty. In my case I had to change the compressor. I was quote S$500++ for a change of air con compressor in SG workshop. Went and did the change in malaysia for only MYR$600+. I am driving an Altis by the way.

Edited by Xravenx

I had this same problem recently. My car was blowing out hot air occassionaly from the start and became normal when driving. It got worser still and started blowing hot air when i am driving slow or stationary.

If you know where to look, you can see if your aircon compressor is running when your car is blowing out hot air. If it isn't running, either your compressor is dead or the wire might be faulty. In my case I had to change the compressor. I was quote S$500++ for a change of air con compressor in SG workshop. Went and did the change in malaysia for only MYR$600+. I am driving an Altis by the way.

Just send your car to any workshop dealing in Air-Con services. Got my fixed up and running within 1 hour.

Replaced O-Ring between coupling hose and Compressor side. The O-Ring causes slow leakage.

Cost me $40.00 for new O-Ring and re-filling the gas. Another $40.00 for new A/C filter.

Actually, my aircon compressor wasn't running at all, even when the power was running to the compressor. It had worked on and off before it stopped working. I had it tested in front of me and was advised as such. I doubt the O-ring could solved my issue, but then again, this is my only experience.

It might have worked, but too bad for me as it was done and settled. Perhaps TS can used this piece of advice?

Just send your car to any workshop dealing in Air-Con services. Got my fixed up and running within 1 hour.

Replaced O-Ring between coupling hose and Compressor side. The O-Ring causes slow leakage.

Cost me $40.00 for new O-Ring and re-filling the gas. Another $40.00 for new A/C filter.

Actually, my aircon compressor wasn't running at all, even when the power was running to the compressor. It had worked on and off before it stopped working. I had it tested in front of me and was advised as such. I doubt the O-ring could solved my issue, but then again, this is my only experience.

It might have worked, but too bad for me as it was done and settled. Perhaps TS can used this piece of advice?

you got check the aircon pressure switch anot? air con pressure switch control the compressor to kicks in also.

Sadly, i didn't check. I send to the workshop recommended by a family friend and just leave it at that. Too bad if I got smoked. Will keep all the advices in mind when that happens to me again(touch wood, please don't).

As for TS, I am not sure if he has already settled his problem.

you got check the aircon pressure switch anot? air con pressure switch control the compressor to kicks in also.

Sadly, i didn't check. I send to the workshop recommended by a family friend and just leave it at that. Too bad if I got smoked. Will keep all the advices in mind when that happens to me again(touch wood, please don't).

As for TS, I am not sure if he has already settled his problem.

Problem seems to be resolved after just replacing a washer for the aircon clutch, and it only cost about $45. Drove for a week so far so good. Lucky never listen to the first workshop to change compressor.

Lucky I came across the thread below and decide to go to that workshop for a try.

http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/archive/index.php/t-31600.html

my current ride used to have this problem. [bigcry]

tried top up gas, gasket, change dunno what still no good. went to the popular aircon workshops in woodlands industrial park and ubi also cannot get it fixed. the one at ubi even recommended me to change compressor and quoted me $1500++... [speechless]

in the end went to one recommended by a friend and got it fixed for $250++ [thumbsup] more than 9 months already still going strong!

moral of the story:

a) gas usually dont need top up. my previous ride 6 years also never top up gas once.

b) dont just believe one workshop and the need to change compressor. its good money for them so surely they will want you to change. go for second opinon. it can save you alot of money. [sunny]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1