Even this can be news! Don Quijote Scuffle

RadX

Nothing better to report ah!!!

nsidiner23214e.jpg

Diner and Dempsey restaurant owner in war of words on social media

By Carolyn Khew

A war of words between a disgruntled customer and a restaurant owner has spilled online, after the customer posted a nasty reply by the restaurateur on Facebook.

Mr Arun Ratnaa, 28, had written an email to Mr Ken Lim, the owner of Don Quijote Spanish Restaurant at Dempsey Road, on Saturday, after he and a group of friends were supposedly turned away at the door even though the restaurant was "far from full," he said.

Mr Ratnaa got a rude reply containing an expletive instead, which he posted on his Facebook profile on Monday.

On the same day, Mr Lim, in a strongly worded reply on his restaurant's Facebook page, said Mr Ratnaa's post did not give the "full facts", and that his staff "was at no point rude to (him) and in fact apologised several times that (they) were not able to accommodate (him)".

↡ Advertisement

Don't know anything at all about the restaurant. But judging solely by the publicly published email trail, the restaurant owner Ken Lim sounds to me like a spiteful, uncouth twat. Nothing in Arun Ratnaa's email justified the expletive-laden initial response that Ken Lim gave.

And it's even more mind-boggling how many FBers are coming out in support of Ken Lim. I think some rather unsavoury motives are in play here.

Edited by Turboflat4

ya...maybe a collaboration by both parties to promote the restaurant due to no business..

singaporeans are very suaku wan...sure wanna see the commotion and probably go down to taste both restaurant food..

Next... [sleeping]

think both restaurants may get overbooked soon...hahahaha

ya...maybe a collaboration by both parties to promote the restaurant due to no business..

singaporeans are very suaku wan...sure wanna see the commotion and probably go down to taste both restaurant food..

Next... [sleeping]

I see such foul-mouth reply from Mr. Ken Lim and I don't think I would ever want to step into his shop.

That 8 words of his can paint a thousand words of his character.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

I see such foul-mouth reply from Mr. Ken Lim and I don't think I would ever want to step into his shop.

SG got many restaurant... no need go to places like that

haha yep...only those smarter people wun go visit...just like the bak kwa thread...

↡ Advertisement