Mr Lee Kuan Yew will miss CNY dinner for the second time

Darthrevan

rylky4214e.jpg
Mr Lee Kuan Yew (fifth from left) tossing the traditional yu sheng at a Chinese New Year dinner for Tanjong Pagar GRC held at Queenstown Primary School on Feb 3, 2012. Former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew will not be attending the annual Tanjong Pagar constituency Chinese New Year dinner on Tuesday night for the second consecutive year, as he is in hospital recovering from an infection.

Former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew will not be attending the annual Tanjong Pagar constituency Chinese New Year dinner on Tuesday night for the second consecutive year, as he is in hospital recovering from an infection.
Mr Lee, 90, has been hospitalised in Singapore General Hospital since Sunday with a fever and a bad cough caused by an infection, and is currently on antibiotics and recovering.
"He has been advised by his doctors to avoid public appearances. As such, he will not be able to attend the Tanjong Pagar GRC Chinese New Year Dinner this evening. He would like to wish all Tanjong Pagar residents as well as Singaporeans a Happy Chinese New Year," said his press secretary in a statement.
Mr Lee has kept up with his practice of attending the annual dinner over the years, during which he would make keynote speeches. But he missed the event last year for the first time due to health reasons.
↡ Advertisement

I different from you. I prefer to date.

eat too much kum liao, i half his age also dun date to eat kum [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Celicar

eat too much kum liao, i half his age also dun date to eat kum [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

you lousy lar, i heard my far far relative in china , age around 90+, still drink coke with ice... dont play play hor... [grin]

Really ah? Too much kum cum huh?

Tell that to Porker.

corrected for you... [grin]

• Praise 2

Supercharged

In early military history artillery guns were pulled by horses. Well this is the year of the horse and the last time someone very very impt died a gun carriage was used.

Wish him good health. He must be around to see what will happen in 2016

Its only about 2 more years to 2016, i am sure he can live till then to see what will happen in 2016. Anyway, he has not make any public appearance since last year NDP?!

You dun so chek ark lah. Spare him the agony in 2016.

Report says he is recovering from fever. Thank God! -_- 2016 here we come [rolleyes]

Its only about 2 more years to 2016, i am sure he can live till then to see what will happen in 2016. Anyway, he has not make any public appearance since last year NDP?!

Yeah.... missed the last NDP and a few functions and dinners.

One honest question with his always no show, is he still drawing " anti corruption super scale saralee " :o

• Praise 1

One honest question with his always no show, is he still drawing " anti corruption super scale saralee " :o

Who dare to cut his pay? Hehehe..

• Praise 4

Report says he is recovering from fever. Thank God! -_- 2016 here we come [rolleyes]

Yeah.... missed the last NDP and a few functions and dinners.

No la, he was at last year NDP lor.

↡ Advertisement