Remove Parking Barriers!

RadX

I want to know what this fellow drank!

knn...then ppl double park and cause inconvenience how? WTf. REally clown. Which school he went to shd be closed down. Then if barrier open, ppl can enter n exit FOC??

sheesh......really, they shd do an iq test for those intending to buy cars to weed out dumbfarks like this one

Remove carpark entry barriers to ease congestion

MOST carparks in shopping malls, HDB estates and schools now use electronic parking systems, which result in manpower savings and do away with the use of coupons. Motorists are charged based on the parking duration.

However, this system causes a delay at the carpark entrance as motorists have to wait for the barrier to lift before they can enter.

When the carpark is full, motorists are unable to enter, creating a traffic jam.

The situation can be improved if the authorities remove the entry barrier. Even if the carpark is full, motorists can drive in and wait for parking spaces to be vacated.

There is no need for the entry barrier as the system can scan each vehicle and record the time of entry, much like how an Electronic Road Pricing gantry works.

The exit barrier should remain in place, so parking charges can be levied.

Ching Yong Hai

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

knn...then ppl double park and cause inconvenience how? WTf. REally clown. Which school he went to shd be closed down. Then if barrier open, ppl can enter n exit FOC??

sheesh......really, they shd do an iq test for those intending to buy cars to weed out dumbfarks like this one

MOST carparks in shopping malls, HDB estates and schools now use electronic parking systems, which result in manpower savings and do away with the use of coupons. Motorists are charged based on the parking duration.

However, this system causes a delay at the carpark entrance as motorists have to wait for the barrier to lift before they can enter.

When the carpark is full, motorists are unable to enter, creating a traffic jam.

The situation can be improved if the authorities remove the entry barrier. Even if the carpark is full, motorists can drive in and wait for parking spaces to be vacated.

There is no need for the entry barrier as the system can scan each vehicle and record the time of entry, much like how an Electronic Road Pricing gantry works.

Ching Yong Hai

this guy use his buttock to think?

• Praise 1

Ching Yong Hai

He is just one of many who only think for themselves nia. No need to get so work up :D

No shopping malls, URA, HDB or other establishments are going to bother with this stoopid suggestion.

He is just one of many who only think for themselves nia. No need to get so work up :D

No shopping malls, URA, HDB or other establishments are going to bother with this stoopid suggestion.

suspect this dumbfark kena the CCK terror....hahaahahahaha

Thought should be the other way round? No? Remove exit barrier, so that cars can exit freely and free and we don't have people who hold up the Q for one hour just because of complainetary ticket not working. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I saw some MRT stations in Korea has no gate. just tap the card and go.

So I believe there is certain amount of trust between the operators and the commuters.

not sure if this will work here thou?

suspect this dumbfark kena the CCK terror....hahaahahahaha

CCK terror was exit leh.. His statement says exit should still be in.

Then again, there's some truth to what he says. Some of the delays / jams along small roads are because people are queuing, waiting for the barrier to go up and down. Imagine if ERP system worked the same way. There could still be a barrier there, but not down all the time. It only comes down when the parking lot is full or about to be full. This way, it could negate some of the waiting time for entry, especially if there are many cars wanting to park at the same car park.

So I believe there is certain amount of trust between the operators and the commuters.

Singapore? Naah.. SMRT revenue will drop by so much the first week they try to implement this. And that hurts who? *Ahem*shareholders*ahem*....

Talking about without gate for MRT. In Germany all train & subway had no gate. 100% on trust.

Talking about without gate for MRT. In Germany all train & subway had no gate. 100% on trust.

because you hardly see cars queuing 200 meters in those countries.

No gate no barrier concept? 100% cannot work here.

this type of dumb fcuk doesnt use his brain.

the entrance barrier is to faciliate the car flow and stop traffic in case there's no more available lots.

if the barrier is removed, any cars will just drive in and cause serious congestion inside the car park when it's full.

sinkgapore now really alot of siao lang.i fear for my life now in public.

the better idea to suggest for carpark improvement is to ONLY clock in your timing when you have finished and parked inside a lot and NOT when you entered the car park, because most of the time drivers need to circle around a few times finding for empty lots especially at those popular carpark.

this charging will be more fair instead of start charging when you entered.

Edited by KumarB

Ching Yong Hai

i think you have totally misunderstood what he was suggesting.

his suggestion of removing the barriers does not mean one can park for free. only physical barrier is removed; the IU scanning still works but has to be upgraded to work like our ERP system which can scan fast and accurate as long as you drive past it.

He also added another valid point as in when carpark is full, some carparks do not allowed anymore cars to entry, hence cars will start to queue up and the queue may split over to other main roads for an example and cause a bit of jam there. Without barrier, one can just either make a U turn inside the car park or try their luck waiting instead of getting suck in the queue as some entrance are single lane and one can't just U turn out easily.For an example, my in law place's small car park does allow car to continue to enter it even when it is full so as to allow drop off etc.

Therefore his idea may work if you understand what he means or if my understanding of what he suggested is what I had just mentioned above, who knows.

• Praise 1

i think you have totally misunderstood what he was suggesting.

his suggestion of removing the barriers does not mean one can park for free. only physical barrier is removed; the IU scanning still works but has to be upgraded to work like our ERP system which can scan fast and accurate as long as you drive past it.

He also added another valid point as in when carpark is full, some carparks do not allowed anymore cars to entry, hence cars will start to queue up and the queue may split over to other main roads for an example and cause a bit of jam there. Without barrier, one can just either make a U turn inside the car park or try their luck waiting instead of getting suck in the queue as some entrance are single lane and one can't just U turn out easily.For an example, my in law place's small car park does allow car to continue to enter it even when it is full so as to allow drop off etc.

Therefore his idea may work if you understand what he means or if my understanding of what he suggested is what I had just mentioned above, who knows.

I totally understand where hs ie coming from. I am providing the 'abuse' standpoint where one will go in, and then double park, etc and block others. Not rare as there have been instances where this has happened before. People tend to be inconsiderate of late. Also, parking/drop off no issue, There is always the '10min' rule.

Going forward, there will be ppl who will enter the carpark and enter in such a way such that the detector misses their car then? On exit no charge? Or perhaps maximum charge? Then there will be complaints, etc. There is no end to this, and no pleasing all.

The current system works well so far. Obviously the vehicle population is way beyond control until even entry onto a carpark can cause jams

come on guys.....

there is such a place in singapore without barrier at the entrance area.

They use scanner to scan your IU unit.

Only the Exit area got barrier.

This place is located near the Millinium Walk where you can see Ferrai, Porsche, Lambo park at this area.

I find this is a good idea without putting any barrier at the entrance area

come on guys.....

there is such a place in singapore without barrier at the entrance area.

They use scanner to scan your IU unit.

Only the Exit area got barrier.

This place is located near the Millinium Walk where you can see Ferrai, Porsche, Lambo park at this area.

I find this is a good idea without putting any barrier at the entrance area

ya, i know tt place. It is just at the entry along the Temasek Boulevard. Well, maybe diff circumstances? Barrier not wide enuf der?

Anyway, Millenia Walk, loads of road space and 500 cars can queue to exit also..

But in hdb carparks, if you get all 200 cars going in and all waiting to park, then if ppl want to come out? Another problem then. Seeing Jong Un and his antics, I can assure you there will be many others who will not budge and claim their right of way. In end cars in lots lan lan stuck.....no winners

↡ Advertisement