LKY medical condition

Alheych

frankly, i attribute most above to Goh Keng Swee.

LKY is more of a spokeman for it.

the unsung hero....GKS!!!!!!

if i recalled correctly, bird park and mandai zoo are his idea too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

From here

In 1968, Ong Swee Law, then chairman of the Public Utilities Board, decided to open up more of the large protected water catchment areas on the island for public use. Ong mooted the idea of a zoo as he felt that there were insufficient venues for family outings at the time. He also observed that even domesticated animals had become a novelty for some Singaporeans.7 A steering committee led by Ong was formed in the same year to study the idea of establishing a zoo to meet the recreational, social and educational needs of Singaporeans.8

For Jurong Bird Park

The idea of a permanent bird exhibit was first conceived by late Dr Goh Keng Swee, then Minister for Finance, in 1968. During aWorld Bank Meeting in Rio de Janeiro, Dr Goh visited its zoological garden and was impressed with its free-flight aviary. He sought to see that Jurong would be more than an industrial zone that Singaporeans would have a place where they could escape from urban life, where people could relax with nature. On 3 January 1971, Jurong Bird Park, built at a cost of S$3.5 million, was opened to the public.

Edited by Darryn

Yes...also EDB....Jurong Industrial Estate....DBS amd many more.....he was the silent but strong backbone.
  • Praise 1

A ventilator pushes air in and out of the lung.

Usually it's administered via a tube that enters your upper airway through your vocal cords. But obviously u cant speak with the tube.

Those people who have long term breathing problems, the ENT surgeon will create a tracheostomy which is a hole in your neck that is BELOW the vocal cords. And u breathe via that then or put the tube through that.

With a tracheostomy, u have to use a speaking valve inserted into the hole, to allow air to transmit up to your vocal cords to vocalise speech.

The modern ventilators can be reduced down so that the patient does most of the breathing. Extubating means removing the breathing tube.

Thank you Bro.

• Praise 4

can someone tells me why old man like him still want to be part of GRC when he doesnt even appear to do MPS at the ward?

he sld retired long ago.

• Praise 2

can someone tells me why old man like him still want to be part of GRC when he doesnt even appear to do MPS at the ward?

he sld retired long ago.

i reckon half of population want him retired. [laugh]

but considering his special status,although not recognized by some,he will never retire.

else how to keep his promises and our cpf returned to us in due time. [:p]

• Praise 1

he sld retired long ago.

This is the reason: http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110428-276009.html

Tanjong pagar was the only walkover ward last election.

Edited by Kusje

You don't remember the events of last nomination day?

Can only blame the opposition for submitting way too close to the deadline. Want to fight the supreme leader must go early and be prepared.

My comment wasn't about blame -

it was about not "wanting to challenge" ...

The challenge was there,

but ruled invalid...

Can only blame the opposition for submitting way too close to the deadline. Want to fight the supreme leader must go early and be prepared.

Those joker?? U think will win meh??

No....but then...

Year after year, the ABs square off against the likes of Japan, the US, Canada....

What do you think is the outcome of those matches...

and what has now become a fixture of European tours - the World's best rugby team (and perhaps the best team in the history of sport) faces off against Munster....

The 12-0 triumph over the All Blacks on Oct 31 1978 was a day which defined Munster rugby – its people and their values – inspired a West End play, beget a best-selling book and spawned a rugby religion. A story that sidesteps effortlessly between folklore and fact.

My comment wasn't about blame -

it was about not "wanting to challenge" ...

The challenge was there,

but ruled invalid...

I don't think there was a genuine intention to challenge.

The application was ruled invalid because it was purposely submitted late by the "candidate" knowing that this would cause the application to be rejected. Probably a ploy for attention just like the birdman president candidate.

frankly, i attribute most above to Goh Keng Swee.

LKY is more of a spokeman for it.

the unsung hero....GKS!!!!!!

These are all our pioneer generations... without them, we won't be where we are now ...

As the saying goes: 前人种树,後人乘凉 ...

The pioneers planted the trees, whereas we enjoy the shade by the planted trees :))

Hope we can make some contributions, so that our future generations can enjoy the fruits :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1