LKY medical condition

Alheych

Supercharged

i think when steve job build apple or bill gate build microsoft, no one remember the rest of the team.

Correct. It is the leader of the team that bears all the responsibility (too) if there's any failures. So it is correct that the leader is usually the one being remembered.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

for those with malicious intent, i would advise that you move away from here and join hwz or sammyboy.

if anyone dare to do otherwise, be prepared to face the necessary.

Let's not think that even when people are down, we can continue with ill feelings! we do not condone that here

thank you

• Praise 1

I can certainly remember some of our iconic leaders...Sir piggy of think big, then there was the architect of our nuclear free stance...giving the finger to the US, the early architect of our welfare state and school breakfasts for the poor (names escape me right now, they will come later) - point is, there are many names equated with different policy, each great for their own time and own philosophy.

I get the feeling that as more time is passing more credit is passing to LKY and many others are not getting their due credit.

but like I say...I not sure if a deliberate concerted Policy or just a shift in general attitudes

i think when steve job build apple or bill gate build microsoft, no one remember the rest of the team.

when you mention a country, i believe we can only remember one of the predominant figure from that country such as Gandhi, but if ask about australia or nz, i doubt we can think of any [laugh]

• Praise 1

Untrue. Geeks would know.

For Apple, I've always considered Steve Wozniak (the "Woz") to be the real unsung genius.

For M$, I credit Paul Allen, and later, Steve Ballmer.

Untrue. Geeks would know.

For Apple, I've always considered Steve Wozniak (the "Woz") to be the real unsung genius.

For M$, I credit Paul Allen, and later, Steve Ballmer.

Reading the authorised biography is a real revelation -

The honorable Mr. Jobs was a fantastic visionary, a wonderful co-ordinator and achieved a lot - but he actually "invented" very little - he was the master of bringing together the ideas and innovations of others in new ways for new applications...

I have seen a lot of posts on Facebook referring to LKY as THE founding father of Singapore.

I didn't live through the earlier period, so would like to ask the lao jiao here -

Is this a fair description of the times and the people?

What I have read, what I have learnt, there were also many other contributors,

from the fight for MRT, to CPF being started by the British in 1955, to HDB...

It may be my own prejudices, but I have also noticed a move from LKY being referred to as "Singapore's first Prime Minister" to "Singapore's Founding Father" - do you feel this is a deliberate "lionization" of him, or a reflection of public sentiment?

No need to lionize.

LKY is the founding father of Singapore. For good or bad it was his vision, principles and values that have shaped what we, as a nation, are/have today...

• Praise 1

im not sure anyone even remembers lim kim san, goh keng swee, hon sui sen, richard hu, sim kee boon, dhanabalan etc n many others who played key roles supporting lky

This was really the team of people who converted Singapore into a modern city. [thumbsup]

Not to said about current team under junior lee. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2

he may not be the highest in intelligence, but he's the leader, surrounded by higher calibre than him whom serve him and the country diligently.

The leader needs to be smart, but not the highest IQ, he needs capable 2ICs and foot soldiers too and must know how to 'extract' the best out of their individual strengths. That makes up a dynamic team.

Since he's the leader, he's been conveniently coined as Singapore's Founding Father. Nothing wrong with that, but the rest of the team needs to be rightly recognised too.

I have seen a lot of posts on Facebook referring to LKY as THE founding father of Singapore.

I didn't live through the earlier period, so would like to ask the lao jiao here -

It may be my own prejudices, but I have also noticed a move from LKY being referred to as "Singapore's first Prime Minister" to "Singapore's Founding Father" - do you feel this is a deliberate "lionization" of him, or a reflection of public sentiment?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 4

I can certainly remember some of our iconic leaders...Sir piggy of think big, then there was the architect of our nuclear free stance...giving the finger to the US, the early architect of our welfare state and school breakfasts for the poor (names escape me right now, they will come later) - point is, there are many names equated with different policy, each great for their own time and own philosophy.

I get the feeling that as more time is passing more credit is passing to LKY and many others are not getting their due credit.

but like I say...I not sure if a deliberate concerted Policy or just a shift in general attitudes

Eh he's one of the last few left. Of course more attention will be focused on him.

And he is the lead singer of the band, so to speak.

Everyone knows john lennon and paul, how many people know ringo starr and i can't even remember the last guy lol...

• Praise 1

Tell me, which leader in the world fought alone?

Nothing can be accomplish by a single man, behind each great leader, there is always a team, a great team make up of great people. The reason he is the leader is because he is able to lead the team. He may not be the smartest, he may not be the sharpest, but he is able to hold the team together.

That is why he was made the leader!!!!

Did George Washington fought alone? Is china the work of Mao Zedong alone? Why are these men know better than the rest of his teammates?

I always thought you are a smart man, but such simple logic and I have to change my view, this is sad!!!!

• Praise 6

Hope he goes to a better place... he is too unappreciated here after what he has done for us singaporeans and Singapore as a country....

Yes, I agree with you!!!!

• Praise 1

It is still CNY, but i seriously cannot hold it back anymore.

Come on guys, take a step back and look back 30-40 years, how far we have come along, if Kiwi can do that, the kangaroo would have address the bird as an elder brother. So please, if the bird has not turn into a lion, please keep to bird talk and don't try to roar like how a lion does.

Day in day out, almost every single thread with any form of political matters, I see the same person, playing the same broken recorder. For GOD seek, can you think of something new?

How much credit must a person score in order to offset a mistake he made? Forget all great things he has done and pinpoint at something he did that hurt you? Who on earth can run a policy that please everyone?

A great man is down, and we have people running him down hiding behind a computer. If anyone of you think that you are better than him, why don't you submit an application to take up his job? or go join a political party and do something for Singapore?

Stop crying like a f**king baby, and you are old enough to be a grandfather, why is your heart still as small as a bird's?

Nothing better to say for the Great man, please just shut up!!!!

** last comment deleted by mod, please do not get overly excited. **

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

It is still CNY, but i seriously cannot hold it back anymore.

Come on guys, take a step back and look back 30-40 years, how far we have come along, if Kiwi can do that, the kangaroo would have address the bird as an elder brother. So please, if the bird has not turn into a lion, please keep to bird talk and don't try to roar like how a lion does.

Day in day out, almost every single thread with any form of political matters, I see the same person, playing the same broken recorder. For GOD seek, can you think of something new?

How much credit must a person score in order to offset a mistake he made? Forget all great things he has done and pinpoint at something he did that hurt you? Who on earth can run a policy that please everyone?

A great man is down, and we have people running him down hiding behind a computer. If anyone of you think that you are better than him, why don't you submit an application to take up his job? or go join a political party and do something for Singapore?

Stop crying like a f**king baby, and you are old enough to be a grandfather, why is your heart still as small as a bird's?

Nothing better to say for the Great man, please just shut up!!!!

Yah, and I am referring to you, @super7..

I thought kiwi and kangaroo was referring to someone else lol...

I think LKY should made a video thanking his well wishers and assuring the citizens that he is ok. Lee Hsien Loong did that a few days ago

He's not well and sick.

They will never show lah. Even in NDP the footage of him is kept to a bare minimum.

↡ Advertisement