LKY medical condition

Alheych

means you are very hansum :wub: can post your pic bo? [laugh]

got question - mechanical ventilation issit life support ??

In short, yes. It is what is commonly known as life support.

where will they erect his statue? my guess is marina bay area

Personally i think a nice place will be at Padang, the old parliament building.

• Praise 1

anything is better than this

15888702_3.JPG

Hahaha that was horrible.

Life sized one with him behind a podium with a mike pointing his finger and talking

That would be LKY for me...

haha @Yuan of cos handsome but happily taken alr. tats y his ex is stil bitching around and stalking him here :D

Huh ? SVPower is Yuan's ex ?

Edited by Tigerwoods

haha @Yuan of cos handsome but happily taken alr. tats y his ex is stil bitching around and stalking him here :D

Wah. You are not helping me in this cause. [laugh]

He said he signed an AMD.

Under what kind of circumstances will they pull the plug on him? Frankly, I think if he had a choice, he would choose to go. He might be a fighter but also a realist.

• Praise 2

Under what kind of circumstances will they pull the plug on him? Frankly, I think if he had a choice, he would choose to go. He might be a fighter but also a realist.

If he's doing poorly, say still unable to wean off ventilator after going through 2-3 courses of antibiotic treatment, then if doctors really judge him as a very poor outcome, then AMD may come into play then.

In reality, AMD almost never comes into play. First the doctor cannot initiate any conversation about AMD (though in this special case they do know about it probably). Second, medical futility is a subjective thing.

Being bedbound, requiring low flow oxygen and being completely ADL dependent is still considered an acceptable outcome in some cases to the family.

But if you are bedbound, requiring ventilator just to support you, then that's more clear-cut.

• Praise 1

If you are terminally ill or unconscious and machine is sustaining your life with no chance of recovery, AMD kicks in.

His case, he is conscious (sedated only), machine assist and there is chance of recovery. AMD not in effect yet.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 2

But his daughter is doctor, so probably the children will listen to her opinion the most bah.

If you are terminally ill or unconscious and machine is sustaining your life with no chance of recovery, AMD kicks in.

His case, he is conscious (sedated only), machine assist and there is chance of recovery. AMD not in effect yet.

Yeah AMD is still far down the line.

He is in hota programme?

U want the organs of a 90 year old meh?

Don't say silly things for the sake of making your political point.

• Praise 6

Wow. Sounds like the AMD is quite useless. Personally, I already signed it (the doctor who countersigned it for me looked at me like I was some alien).

Anyway, here is what LKY says about his end and his AMD.

"Some time back, I had an Advanced Medical Directive (AMD) done which says that if I have to be fed by a tube, and it is unlikely that I would ever be able to recover and walk about, my doctors are to remove the tube and allow me to make a quick exit," he wrote in the book "One Man's View of the World".

The book is dedicated to the Asian statesman's views on international affairs but an entire chapter contains his musings on death, religion and other personal issues. The 400-page work is dedicated to his late wife Kwa Geok Choo, whose death in 2010 shattered the normally stoic veteran politician.

Lee has visibly weakened since then and revealed in the book that despite daily exercise and a disciplined lifestyle, "with every passing day I am physically less energetic and less active."

"There is an end to everything and I want mine to come as quickly and painlessly as possible, not with me incapacitated, half in coma in bed and with a tube going into my nostrils and down to my stomach," he wrote.

Lee, a British-trained lawyer who served as Singapore's prime minister for three decades and turned it into a high-tech industrial and financial centre, expressed his blunt views on religion in the book.

"I wouldn't call myself an atheist. I neither deny nor accept that there is a God," he said.

"So I do not laugh at people who believe in God. But I do not necessarily believe in God -- nor deny that there could be one."

Asked where he drew comfort from if not from religion, he said: "It is the end of any aches and pains and suffering. So I hope the end will come quickly."

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapores-lee-says-wants-quick-death-112100482.html

Sounds to me like he would want to die if he had any choice right now so in fact, those people cursing for his death are being foolish.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1