We are peasants...

Knoobie

moral of this thread, dun use the wrong title [laugh][laugh]

eh old fart speak for yourself...even an inocent bird shop u change to sex toy bird thread...knn..u really mid-life crisis or after-life crisis ah?

think more like andropause....kkeekekkeke

eh old fart speak for yourself...even an inocent bird shop u change to sex toy bird thread...knn..u really mid-life crisis or after-life crisis ah?

think more like andropause....kkeekekkeke

i said title is important, the bird shop title was correct but the content all gone haywire, thanks to you too [laugh][laugh]

i think, therefore, I am.

u all dun say throttle liddat hor.....he angwee

You also elite, along with T2, TF4, all one ging gang bang..

So this thread not relevant for you all..

Anyway PSP415 [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

You also elite, along with T2, TF4, all one ging gang bang..

So this thread not relevant for you all..

Anyway PSP415 [thumbsup]

come i give u 1 cuppon...keke

yeah, PSP put it very nicely. ppl kpkb but need to see the big peekture at the end of the day. I would say that resonate with PSP's views...

Get Real !!!! Dun keep deceiving ourselves that we (1970s era) will get our own CPF $$$ when we are reach our 60s (The minimum sum level will keep raising)

We, can make a difference to how we wan to live in Singapore !!! [nod]

I often wonder what would life be if the opposition is in power. Will our currency go up or down. Will we suddenly become rich? Will all our problems go away? Reality is that we still need to work to pay our bills and we have to account performance to our bosses. The opposition can change our nasty boss? Dream on! Our problems will be exactly the same.

There was this opposition supported dogma that foreigners are to blame to many things. Now the Govt has cut the foreign workers and things cost more. Food cost more, security cost more, plumbing cost more, electrical works cost more, to repair car cost more and we need to clean up our plates at hawker centre. This is good? Please wake up and think the cause and effect, not just sing a mass mantra that your life will be transformed with leadership change.

• Praise 3

There was this opposition supported dogma that foreigners are to blame to many things. Now the Govt has cut the foreign workers and things cost more. Food cost more, security cost more, plumbing cost more, electrical works cost more, to repair car cost more and we need to clean up our plates at hawker centre. This is good? Please wake up and think the cause and effect, not just sing a mass mantra that your life will be transformed with leadership change.

Ppl is kpkb FT, Gahmen go and cut FW.

• Praise 3

Get Real !!!! Dun keep deceiving ourselves that we (1970s era) will get our own CPF $$$ when we are reach our 60s (The minimum sum level will keep raising)

We, can make a difference to how we wan to live in Singapore !!! [nod]

Perhaps you are doing well in present time (House fully paid up, car loan paid up, no kids burden) therefore health to you is of much importance.

For those who are still struggling / starting their slogging careers, there is a huge difference when they have to cope with ever rising cost of living vs their meagre salary (being hold down by both high paid PR and lowly paid PR)

Yes, I totally agree with the notion of health is most important and one has to be self supporting. Who, in Singapore, is not self supporting and can live off the nation (Sorry, maybe prisoner .. hmm but they still work to bake bread to earn their money)

What will be the beachmark for contention for present day or in the near future ? Being able to feed myself with 3 meals, have a roof over my head and have a job. If one is contended with these 3 basic conditions, there will be no entrepreneurship to drive and move forward in achieving more in life. What does aspirations will mean in life ? Simply feed oneself and await for ending to come.

We don't need to compare ourselves with others cos there will always be a better person out there. For those who are better off, I believe they are working harder, thinking smarter, sleeping lesser everyday to earn their status. In life, there is always a reason why one is better than me. 一份耕耘, 一份收获 [nod]

you are supposed to see your cpf statement

then you will surely feel bery lich!!! [laugh]

i wanted ti see....but i forgot my singpass password. No time ti change password. Oh..by the way...u have a lot of Praise hor....not complaining though! All i can say is thanks for the praises.

Buddha was rich once but unhappy, but when he gave up everything, he found enlightenment and peace.

Is he rich or poor?

i neber say i unhappy what! I am not rich but certainly happy and contented!

come i give u 1 cuppon...keke

yeah, PSP put it very nicely. ppl kpkb but need to see the big peekture at the end of the day. I would say that resonate with PSP's views...

Don't trust you, you say wanna gimme coupon few times liao, til now, I park, every day zhong summon while waiting for your coupon... [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

I often wonder what would life be if the opposition is in power. Will our currency go up or down. Will we suddenly become rich? Will all our problems go away? Reality is that we still need to work to pay our bills and we have to account performance to our bosses. The opposition can change our nasty boss? Dream on! Our problems will be exactly the same.

People KPKB is to make themselves feel better.. Opposition become government or MIW remains, the way through this minefield isn't by changing the external factors. It's by changing the internal factors... But since internal factor is harder to change, people KPKB to try to change external factors lor..

I think it was Charles Darwin who said it best: The animals that survive and reproduce aren't the fastest or the fiercest, they are the most adaptable to change. (At least I think he said it, or something like that. Didn't google, don't fault me if I'm wrong, lucnh time, hungry)

• Praise 2

ok...i feel like a millionaire....but i no money! Happy?

You convert Sing money to Indo Ruppiah or India Rupees, you will feel like millionaires .......... -_-

Buddha was rich once but unhappy, but when he gave up everything, he found enlightenment and peace.

Is he rich or poor?

poor, he got only a piece of cloth wrap around him but his mind is rich of peace ... :ph34r:

Haiz....as if the world must all be millionaires or rich then can be happy. Even peasants fare better than these because they have learnt contentment.

I dun feel like a peasant, especially not in my country or wherever I move about here. And I am not a millionaire or rich.

My parents have always emphasised on better to have good health and be self

supporting than looking to

others for help. Most importantly, to remember to be thankful that we have a safe place to call our home.

Hence, kpkbing in my house will be often met with "so? What are you doing to

improve the situation/yourself etc etc." We are not given the time to engage in

self pity or whining that equates to being seated in a rocking chair....much

movement but status quo at the end.

What can you do about it? It's always the govt's fault. So here we go now...... wait till 2016 then they know. Er, from now till then is almost 2 years.... should you not do something on your own to improve your peasantship? What if come 2016, it's still the same govt just with a lesser percentage or your nightmare come true and it's a reverse with higher percentage win?!

Oh no! #$@/&&¥¥₩₩....more whining and kpkbing? Till how old? Even if new govt, you think you will get a windfall from the country's treasury? You think if every one owns a car, it's good because now can eat, sleep and work in the car cos now even it's controlled yet still have jams and butter everywhere.

Haiz.....You are who you think you are. Why is it important what people think of you? If you die, strangers care? If you broke, strangers bother? Even if they laugh, you should care? If you sick, sometimes even your own family leave you in the lurch or in an old folks home.

You accept what people say who you are, you become. Dun blame anyone else. You can migrate and become their whatever class citizens. Or you can stay put and make this your home to be proud of. It's your contributing part too....and dun tell us how much you gave for income tax..... Your contribution alone cannot sustain this country so everyone is playing a part.

Stop comparing....You will always have those poorer than you and there will always be those richer than you. What's there to compare?

Safe ride.....dun be broken records.....just vote then accordingly to your heart's choice. At this moment, I am home and there is nowhere else I want to be on a permanent basis and that's my choice.

Some thoughts from another side of the coin. Please do not take offence cos not intended. It's my general feeling and a tired one where too many rocking chairs have been generating a lot of wind but no positive action.

Cheers

I do very much agree that we should be contented and continue to do our part and still strive for our own future instead of being waiting for the money to drop from sky.

but poor people like us will worry no matter what ma.. especially the amount of millionaires coming in to this very small island city..

i wouldn't be worried if the millionaires come to built homes for needy.. to do charity etc..

but the real world is hardly like that.. they do drive prices up directly or indirectly.. someone at the lower end will suffer.

no i am not saying to not allow them in.. I am saying, we should encourage the richest to return more to the poorer society.. (provided no one um gong...)

i just simply hate it when i hear foreigners say "Come Singapore! good! very low income tax!!"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2