Someone wants CP attendants to summon modified cars

Pocus

Enlist help to spot modified cars

THE Housing Board and Land Transport Authority (LTA) can work together to train carpark enforcement officers to identify vehicles that have been illegally modified, such as those with heavily modified bodywork.

The officer could take photographs and submit them to the LTA for review, before issuing a summons.

Such a collaboration will enhance the skill sets and productivity of HDB enforcement officers, as well as ensure vehicle owners comply with regulations.

Chang Pui San

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/my-point-20140212

Some smart alec "defender of justice" suggest silly things to authorities again. It is obvious she^ knows nothing about illegal modifications and assumed fierce car = illegal. Someone with fierce looking car in her neighbourhood must have pissed her off.

Waste of space in ST.... Ok maybe cos ST not enough comments to publish liao.

^ The reason I say "she" is cos Chang Pui San has a strong female vibe to it, no self-respecting parents would name their son a girly name as "Pui San".

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

shitty times nothing better to publish is it..

btw, unless the bodykit is touching the ground, it is still okay what...

even exos, perhaps the person got LTA cert leh...

waste time...

• Praise 3

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/my-point-20140212

Some smart alec "defender of justice" suggest silly things to authorities again. It is obvious she^ knows nothing about illegal modifications and assumed fierce car = illegal. Someone with fierce looking car in her neighbourhood must have pissed her off.

Waste of space in ST.... Ok maybe cos ST not enough comments to publish liao.

^ The reason I say "she" is cos Chang Pui San has a strong female vibe to it, no self-respecting parents would name their son a girly name as "Pui San".

Bloody ignorant fool with too much time on his/her hand. And bodywork itself is not illegal unless there are sharp edges.

Edited by Shull
  • Praise 1

Bloody ignorant fool with too much time on his/her hand. And bodywork itself is not illegal unless there are sharp edges.

GT Wing considered sharp edges ?

You can modify whatever you want and it's perfectly legal as long as you don't drive it to the streets, and this guy is saying about summoning a parked car???

I hope if this guy drives and if such power is give to CP summoner one day, someone will strap a styrofoam box on top of his car and he kena summoned.

As much as I hate modified cars, but sorry, this is out of scope of the CP summoner.

• Praise 5

As much as I dislike heavily modified cars with super loud exhaust that kills the peace at night but I think our manpower resources can be better utilize than to go around spotting mod cars.

• Praise 2

GT Wing considered sharp edges ?

GT Wing has a separate rule altogether. For GT wing, it must not protude laterally or horizontally out from the car body.

GT Wing has a separate rule altogether. For GT wing, it must not protude laterally or horizontally out from the car body.

If got slight protrusion, have to tie red cloth at the end.. I see lorry driver to this. :D

• Praise 2

am i the only one to agree with the post?

i think LTA do not have enough manpower go inspect cars for illegal modifications.

So like what he said, include this into the CP summor scope of work. Empower them.

Note that they will not summon but only take photos and send to LTA for review.

I think its a good idea.

i still see so many illegal modifications on cars. Esp on weekend nights...

Think only crash bar can confirm summon.

things like LED lights on doors and extremely heavily tinted windows confirm summon too

Edited by comegetme
  • Praise 1

some idiots too free liow , wanna act smart.

Does he really know what is legal mods and illegal mods????

Soon we got to remove LTA and transfer them to HDB department.........

when there is already a department specialized doing this thing, he wants to take off his pants and fart.

• Praise 2

some idiots too free liow , wanna act smart.

Does he really know what is legal mods and illegal mods????

Soon we got to remove LTA and transfer them to HDB department.........

when there is already a department specialized doing this thing, he wants to take off his pants and fart.

well, i am sure they will undergo some training.

Besides they will not summon. they will just take photos and send to LTA.

the LTA will then proceed with their normal investigation and summoning

anyway why are you all so against this idea.

i thought this will step up the enforcement against illegal mods...

better for everyone

• Praise 2

As much as I dislike heavily modified cars with super loud exhaust that kills the peace at night but I think our manpower resources can be better utilize than to go around spotting mod cars.

I dislike the loud exos too, but this poster really is an idiot. Mod bodykit =/= illegal modification.

better for everyone

You sound like you were the one who wrote in to ST. If I made wrong assumption, I apologise.

But why the heck do you care if others make modification to their cars? And not all mods are illegal. You want the CP attendant to inspect the undercarriage of every car to make sure it's not decat or what? ZzzzZZ...

Eat too full backside itchy or what?

• Praise 5

This is prone to abuse and sabotage.

You want some idiot to strap some metal bars on your car and then being called up for investigation?

Hanging some disused CD disks, drink cans on your exterior of your car is also illegal. You want someone to do it? How about some si ginna sticking some stickers on your number plate?

better for everyone

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 3

better for everyone

Our car prices are the most expensive in the world, so most people take pride in their cars and like to make it different via mods.

We already have one of the strictest rules on vehicle modifications thanks to people who do not fully understand the enthusiast scene coming out with the rules. Some of the things being deemed illegal by LTA don't even need permission to install in other countries.

Don't make the life of car enthusiast more difficult than it already is please.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2