What happened Mitsubishi and Suzuki?

Quantum

look this http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M03-Car_Regn_by_make.pdf

Mitsubishi and Suzuki are common cars in other countries, but almost vanished in Singapore, or they were re-segregated to luxuary categroy as LAMBORGHINI? [:p]

or they gave up Singapore the small 'red dot' market? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

situation not as bad as a few months ago when I saw that Porsche had sold a lot more cars than Honda

which reflects how rich singaporen is [thumbsup]

I believe Singapore is the only Asia country where Merc can rank top sell

which reflects how rich singaporen is [thumbsup]

I believe Singapore is the only Asia country where Merc can rank top sell

Yea... maybe dealer overtrades have something to do with it also. With this buying a conti car may look cheaper for some buyers

mitsu has limited AND dinosaur models,

susuki basically only sell Swifts which has limited appeal

don't know why mitsu withdrew Lancer, outlander, PAJERO pfrom Singapore market,

susuki still has Vitara, Sx4 & Swifts, should not be so bad mah

Think in this coe climate, Jap buyers will want to be xtra prudent & only get those leaders amongst Japs. Toyo, Nis, Hon.

Mitsubishi : Could b the neg feedback on their invecs cvt. As for Lancer, iirc, the new 1.6A, though stronger engine, they go & turn it into AWD.....hence people kpkb the 1.6 sluggish compared to 1.5 FWD.

Suzy : Main seller was the Swift. The buyers for this seg were priced out imo. As for the SUV, too dated. Though I like Kizashi, Suzy not quite proven in this seg. (Doubts on Suzy's cvt ?) Hence, as per above.

• Praise 1

Is there a list where we can see how many vehicles were scrapped or deregistered per month?? And also their make and model.

• Praise 1

look this http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M03-Car_Regn_by_make.pdf

Mitsubishi and Suzuki are common cars in other countries, but almost vanished in Singapore, or they were re-segregated to luxuary categroy as LAMBORGHINI? [:p]

or they gave up Singapore the small 'red dot' market? [laugh]

Look at it positively.........very exclusive on the road, no queue for servicing & warranty, undivided attention at the showroom, maciam priority customer sia.

Bet u can't say the same for a MB, BM or audi. Where's the exclusivity when everyone n their dog has one? [:p]

• Praise 5

Suzy : Main seller was the Swift. The buyers for this seg were priced out imo. As for the SUV, too dated. Though I like Kizashi, Suzy not quite proven in this seg. (Doubts on Suzy's cvt ?) Hence, as per above.

just to share.. my Kizashi is coming 4 years old, no problem on the gearbox.. i do agree the brand itself lacks exposure, could be driven by the current sentiment on exorbitant coe prices and categories...