Our public transport system is really still very good.

tanbk

I have tried everything to stop complancency but it hasn't worked.

I can only say if you are complancent like me there is nothing that can be done about it.

:D

Quite true, use to it like everyday affair! -_-

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

sorry. filled. you can wait till the cows come home, unless you know some one who knows some one who knows someone... will never be yours in this lifetime~! :D

I know many important people not only in Singapore but in the world.

I know Bill Clinton, I know George Bush, I even know the international diplomat

to North Korea Dennis Rodman.

Sadly they all don't know me.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

I know many important people not only in Singapore but in the world.

I know Bill Clinton, I know George Bush, I even know the international diplomat

to North Korea Dennis Rodman.

Sadly they all don't know me.

there you go~! [laugh]

• Praise 2

Supersonic

This one is breakdown or normally like that?

Some sort of breakdown, reported at Serangoon and Bishan circle line from what I read.

• Praise 2

"Whack the seat" before sitting down. This is something I have not seen for a long time. The younger generation may not know of this strange habits of bus commuters in the past.

I won't do that on buses with fabric seats. Those brownish particles will "fly" out and cause people around to sneeze... :D

• Praise 1

Wah lau...

Stuck in the middle of that and have to go pee then die lor.

Just hope nobody was pushing their kid to childcare in a big big pram...or maybe they get blamed for the whole jam.

[idea] Maybe SMRT should install those street pillar urinal type things they have in europe for emergency situations when got breakdown.

Whether the CEO is ex Army chief, or chef, or some random guy from the street, for all I care as long as he can do a good job.

What is questionable is the selection process. Do they try to pick the best person for the job, or try to fit a high level job for a retired Army officer, or some scholar from other sector.

The head of government sector changes like touring, after a few years, they find a new person. (many times with people completely outside of the corporation they run), .

Is this the best interest for the cooperation, or some obligation to rotate appointment in the government sector for the sake of it.

No lah. If got good job with very high salary must give to friend friend lah.

If anyone here is in a high position and looking to fill an important post,

please consider jamesc. If you should screw up in any way and your job is at stake

you can always count on my full support.

If you hire those smart capable ones then they will be looking to take your job.

It would be better to choose me and secure your position.

Lets be honest here, if your friend offered you a very high salary position,

and you are good but not the best, wouldn't you also consider taking the job?

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

The good news is, garmen think we can still squeeze some more people into the existing space*.

(Existing space does not include the space around ministars)

• Praise 4

Supersonic

btw, got any news whether they have a new VP for coprcomms?since the last round when the entire team resigned w/o serving notice or full notice?

Anyway, these days, some call it just interruptions not break down. The latter is too strong a word.

Edited by Baal
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Throw a stink bomb in a crowded area with no space to move and they'll be a panic situation.

sio sim are bro, the B word is very sensitive. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

its OK to say tat IMO coz wat if there really was a dangerous situation? that large crowd wld have caused a stampede n got some pple killed.

How can SMRT allow so many pple into the station when theres a delay? Have they not learnt from a few yrs ago? seems like nothing has changed despite new CEO getting paid so high etc...

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

Actually he raised a gd point.

They hv done away w dustbin for fear of explosive or chemical attack.

But, given the pressure cooker we are facing. If one day a commuter breakdown n run amok in such environment, the hit rate will b high. Do they hv a contingency plan or wait till something like that to happen then come up w COI??

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

But, given the pressure cooker we are facing. If one day a commuter breakdown n run amok in such environment, the hit rate will b high. Do they hv a contingency plan or wait till something like that to happen then come up w COI??

As with all breakdowns related to such transport, first try to remedy with cable tie, then go into overdrive to taichi the matter away. Last but not least, establish official communication only through the ministar concerned, with him speaking, blaming everyone else but the person speaking is assured.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2