Almost lose $1000 without knowing

Mcfguy

Actually, since the G has such a humungous vested interest, they should regulate the AD/PI/2nd Hand Dealer just like :

CEA - Council for Estate Agencies

https://www.cea.gov.sg/

The above in governing the property agents is damn fierce and have sabre teeth. A property estate agent friend told me. The fines are brutal & can come with jail term. Even have things like daily fine of X amount per day the misconduct is not made good.

Iwt, this again is an example illustrating that they could if they wanted to.

Council for Car Dealers aka CCD ? anyone?

Maybe it's, sadly, on G's low priority list to really regulate used car dealers. G already has it's hands full at the moment.

↡ Advertisement

My wife uncle operate an car accessories and tyre shop in jb, when my bro in law replace his tyre there with no discount but..... tyre burst right after out from the shop. I checked on tyre found that DOM was 4 years ago near to 5 years..... relatives, when come to profit it was nothing.

That's like what i wrote in respond to "conscience"

It was his conscience that it's just business dealing,

He didn't kill, didn't physically harm anybody nor force his little brother to touch anybody.

But trust was betrayed in these dealings.

That's like what i wrote in respond to "conscience"

It was his conscience that it's just business dealing,

He didn't kill, didn't physically harm anybody nor force his little brother to touch anybody.

But trust was betrayed in these dealings.

Well, you're right. It's quite unlikely that a dishonest car salesman is a murderer and rapist at the same time.

other than all the advice given by forumners here, one still need luck to certain extend when buying a car. Sad though but its a fact. If most auto sales maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity, then all we have to worry is just what car to buy.

Still, I believe there are just some black sheeps among whites. Just my luck that I had this sales staff servicing me.

Sigh!!! This is so sad. Considering that car is a liability and it is a very expensive liability yet such dealers are still trying to rip us off!!!

I still remember some years back there is a case where the client specifically asked for an auto car yet she failed to check the details on the agreement. On the delivery day, she went to collect and it turns out to be a manual car. The salesman insist that the price quoted is for a manual car.

The client wants to top up the difference and exchange it for an auto car as she can't drive a manual car. After writing in and all, LTA replied that they do not allow that, as the COE and car plate has been issued. The only way is to scrape the car and register a new car again. Again, who is going to bear the cost???? Dealer refused to and salesman insist that he mentioned that the price quoted is for manual. This has been drag for coming to a month.

At the end the client has no choice but to get her husband to drive the car as the instalment has started and all. Sigh!!!

2nd hand cars are actually safe to buy too. Most cars in SG are underused anyway. Just send to a trusted mechanic or agent to inspect the car for damages.

Sigh!!! This is so sad. Considering that car is a liability and it is a very expensive liability yet such dealers are still trying to rip us off!!!

I still remember some years back there is a case where the client specifically asked for an auto car yet she failed to check the details on the agreement. On the delivery day, she went to collect and it turns out to be a manual car. The salesman insist that the price quoted is for a manual car.

The client wants to top up the difference and exchange it for an auto car as she can't drive a manual car. After writing in and all, LTA replied that they do not allow that, as the COE and car plate has been issued. The only way is to scrape the car and register a new car again. Again, who is going to bear the cost???? Dealer refused to and salesman insist that he mentioned that the price quoted is for manual. This has been drag for coming to a month.

At the end the client has no choice but to get her husband to drive the car as the instalment has started and all. Sigh!!!

maybe tat was a trick by the husband? tbh, sounds like the only way i can get a manual car!

Till now still waiting for my deposit refund. Wrote in to the sales manager on the refund and the customer monies mismanagement. Manager addressed the refund issue and said will see to it personally but nothing mentioned regarding the sales staff.

2nd hand cars are actually safe to buy too. Most cars in SG are underused anyway. Just send to a trusted mechanic or agent to inspect the car for damages.

maybe tat was a trick by the husband? tbh, sounds like the only way i can get a manual car!

But how do you send to a trusted mechanic? U mean dealer actually allows you to take their car and send to your own trusted mechanic?

I don't know any mechanic. Is there any one that is trusted that you can recommend? Do they do servicing also?

↡ Advertisement