Accident at junction of SK East Road & SK East Way on 17Feb

Freezy

Witness an accident involving a scooter and a taxi at the junction of Sengkang East Road and Sengkang East Way today (17-Feb-2014) at around 5.30pm.

After the taxi collided with the scooter, the taxi driver was seen (in the video) gesturing to other drivers that its the scooter's fault, and he went back to his taxi, he did not offer immediate help or assistance to the scooter. After some time later, he was then seen walking back to the scooter rider and "talked" to him.

http://tinyurl.com/kfc6b66

http://youtu.be/xeUFQcYXkOc

post-5174-0-92993200-1392645243_thumb.jpg

post-5174-0-24072700-1392645295_thumb.jpg

Edited by Freezy
↡ Advertisement

Seemed like both the black Stream or Airwave & the scooter chiong red light as the rest of the vehicles were staying put.

Nonetheless the cabby could have showed more concern towards the rider.

Did you send this clip to the TP?

You will then be likely to be called up as a witness.

In fact, I went down to help the rider, he said he is okay. From the short conversation, he seems "blur" after the collision. I couldn't stay long as my car was blocking other vehicles, and I have to move off.

I called the police after I moved off. Hope he is alright.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Looks like the scooter followed the black car blindly. Still red and they both move off. The scooter never notice the other vehicles on the other lanes never move off?

From the video it was quite clear that the rider was in the wrong.

His insurance company will have to foot for the taxi's damage and cabby's loss of income when his cab is under repairs.

Still, the cabby's attitude could have been better from my earlier post [shakehead]

• Praise 1

From the video it was quite clear that the rider was in the wrong.

His insurance company will have to foot for the taxi's damage and cabby's loss of income when his cab is under repairs.

Still, the cabby's attitude could have been better from my earlier post [shakehead]

seriously if i cabby driver i would also react the same, especially if he probably driving his passenger urgently. dunno what on earth the scooter thinking. he did check his right, check his left and should have brake. i think the taxi brake and siam left abit or else direct collision with the bike

It looks clear that the scooter rider was at fault. Furthermore, he managed to get up and walk around so I don't see what kind of assistance the taxi driver is expected to provide.

Your video will probably vindicate the taxi driver if there are any disputes in this case.

seriously if i cabby driver i would also react the same, especially if he probably driving his passenger urgently. dunno what on earth the scooter thinking. he did check his right, check his left and should have brake. i think the taxi brake and siam left abit or else direct collision with the bike

Agree.

Just cannot fathom why such folks wana chiong red lights especially in such a blatant way, resulting in accidents & worst getting own/others' ride damaged, ownself/loved ones/others injured or even killed.

Such clowns have no respect for one's life we can understand & F care but getting others hurt or inconvenienced, well [shakehead][shakehead] [shakehead]

Blind following the blind... [shakehead]

To be fair to the taxi driver, when he came out and saw the biker able to get up and walk, so maybe went back to the taxi to report or something. Anyway, he did eventually went to talk to the biker instead of driving off.

Witness an accident involving a scooter and a taxi at the junction of Sengkang East Road and Sengkang East Way today (17-Feb-2014) at around 5.30pm.

After the taxi collided with the scooter, the taxi driver was seen (in the video) gesturing to other drivers that its the scooter's fault, and he went back to his taxi, he did not offer immediate help or assistance to the scooter. After some time later, he was then seen walking back to the scooter rider and "talked" to him.

http://tinyurl.com/kfc6b66

http://youtu.be/xeUFQcYXkOc

You also about to drive off.. notice you accelerate to 1km/h less then 1 second later tab brake.. lucky you are alert..

Edited by Yewheng

This junction alot of vehicles beat red light.

That time we also almost kena and it was at the same situation.

We were travelling straight like the taxi when the light was green but when we reached the junction, we saw a lorry (indian driver with a lot of indians sitting behind) speeding past despite their light was red. Luckily we braked in time if not sure accident.

• Praise 2

It looks clear that the scooter rider was at fault. Furthermore, he managed to get up and walk around so I don't see what kind of assistance the taxi driver is expected to provide.

Your video will probably vindicate the taxi driver if there are any disputes in this case.

One point I'd say is that after an accident like that the scooter rider is prolly in shock and would get up no matter unless he was unconscious. Even if he had broken bones.

However much 'of a rush' the taxi driver was in he should help either by assisting the scooter rider or perhaps directing traffic.

It is a bad habit that many drivers have where they try to pre-empt the green light coming on. The impatient ones move off even before the green light comes on.

By the time they discover that they have made a mistake (thinking that it was going to be their turn at the junction), they would have already moved half-way across the junction and have no choice but to continue driving through.

In this particular instance, the rider had followed the Honda Stream blindly. Half-way through he probably realised it was a miscue but could not stop in the middle of the junction. Unfortunately for him the taxi-driver was not attentive enough to realise that the scooter was tailing the Honda Stream that had first cut his path.

Agree.

Just cannot fathom why such folks wana chiong red lights especially in such a blatant way, resulting in accidents & worst getting own/others' ride damaged, ownself/loved ones/others injured or even killed.

Such clowns have no respect for one's life we can understand & F care but getting others hurt or inconvenienced, well [shakehead][shakehead] [shakehead]

It is a bad habit that many drivers have where they try to pre-empt the green light coming on. The impatient ones move off even before the green light comes on.

By the time they discover that they have made a mistake (thinking that it was going to be their turn at the junction), they would have already moved half-way across the junction and have no choice but to continue driving through.

In this particular instance, the rider had followed the Honda Stream blindly. Half-way through he probably realised it was a miscue but could not stop in the middle of the junction. Unfortunately for him the taxi-driver was not attentive enough to realise that the scooter was tailing the Honda Stream that had first cut his path.

I don't think it is a bad habit to "pre-empt" the green lights. Of coz must still check your lights before moving off.

At least I could be sure those drivers that "pre-empt" the green lights are most likely more aware of the traffic situation compared to those that didn't.

Furthermore IIRC, that junction does not have any "special" traffic light timing. The scooter uncle was merely just following blindly the black airwave or stream which obviously were not showing sufficient traffic awareness.

I don't think it is a bad habit to "pre-empt" the green lights. Of coz must still check your lights before moving off.

Of course it's a bad habit.

↡ Advertisement