Handed a CASE letter to VW today! Blog updates.

Keithchue

Who say ang mohs are not red-eyed?

Most ang mohs in my MNC are very jeleous of staff driving continental cars. They see very buay song and always try to stire sh1ts with those who drive better cars than their corporate given cars.

↡ Advertisement

i thought theres a manual option?

just must wait nia

I had wanted to buy the manual R32 (the top-end Golf variant back then).

Prepared to even wait - but sorry, they would NOT bring in the manual, wait or no wait.

Walk off lor! :-O

this sound like a very unhealthy local culture. just curious, do you work in a local company? or company with mostly singaporeans? i'm asking because i work in an american company that has a mix of local and foreigners. it is very common to see subordinates driving expensive cars and their directors with half a million annual salary taking taxis or public transport without any unhealthy tension at all.

i think westerners have a very different value system to cars as compared to locals. and being red-eye about others driving a more expensive car just shows how small-minded these people are. i feel that not being able to celebrate and appreciate other's success will also limit one's own heart and success in some ways.

most likely from local lar... you know lar, compare condo, compare psle result, compare elite school, compare car, etc...

I'm in an small MNC about 2B in sales in SG, VPsales is from india, studied in states, lived in Singapore for past 20 over years, driving an altis. other VPs or directors are driving Jap 1.6l. none driving continental cars..

my direct manager is sitting at Netherlands. with a doted line to US. basically no boss in Sg.

agree that the culture is different..but still there are local eyes...

not heard about audi though, but VAGSG skoda chat room also have the MU failure and could not secure parts for the replacement.

then again, skoda is in trouble.. don't know how the owners are going to claim warranty

VW is a no no......... In Aust, i heard of horrible stories of VW cars GB and engines shut down in the middle of highways.

who give a hoot about how other ppl think of yr car?

u can buy and drive a MB to work and tell ppl that its just a borrowed car from a relative............

Who say ang mohs are not red-eyed?

Most ang mohs in my MNC are very jeleous of staff driving continental cars. They see very buay song and always try to stire sh1ts with those who drive better cars than their corporate given cars.

Yes very true.

I drive a 3L Merc and one ang moh colleague (not my boss, but same level as me) came by and asked me why I drive such a car. He did not clarify if the 'why' stood for money (price of car), or engine performance. Thus I was a little puzzled and wary of his intent of the question.

My very frank answer to him was that my previous car was an IL6 BMW, and before that, an IL6 Lexus.

So why should I 'downgrade' my engine then, to a less-than-V6 now?

The ang moh then walked away ... with saying another word :-)

Hehe ...

That is not a fair statement, then again, r u a Singaporean?

If you are, bashing ur own fellow Singaporeans does not make u any better.

being red-eyed is an unhealthy culture. i'm merely calling it out. calling a red-eyed person as red-eyed person is not a fair statement?

did you see the word "all" singaporeans in my reply? why did you twist my words into such a serious nationalistic issue of "bashing ur own fellow Singaporeans"? calling a red-eyed singaporean as a red-eyed singaporean is bashing?

I have worked in both culture before, the reason why the angmohs are either driving small cars or taking train is because of 1) They are used to taking the tube if from UK or other parts of Europe 2) for Americans and Aussies, cars are VERY cheap so they do not see why they shld pay 4-8 times the price of what they would normally pay 3) They cycle.

this is another way of saying what i've said. different people put different value on cars.

putting the blame and issue on Singaporeans

let me ask you the same question again. did you see the word "all" singaporeans in my reply? how did you twist my words into such a serious nationalistic issue of "putting the blame and issue on (all) Singaporeans" as you are trying to imply?

you can express your own views. i respect different views in a forum as every forum member rightly should.

but don't put words in my mouth.

Edited by Jellandross

I'm in an small MNC about 2B in sales in SG, VPsales is from india, studied in states, lived in Singapore for past 20 over years, driving an altis. other VPs or directors are driving Jap 1.6l. none driving continental cars..

my direct manager is sitting at Netherlands. with a doted line to US. basically no boss in Sg.

agree that the culture is different..but still there are local eyes...

my humble advice to you is to stay focused on meeting and exceeding your sales goals and numbers. that is your core job and what brings in the money. i have worked with lots of successful sales account managers. they are always focused on exceeding the goals, aggressive (but not annoying) and savvy with handling customer relationships (good and bad ones). there will be positive people that you should be close with, and also negative people who will sap away your energy that you should either stay away from or at least manage carefully.

i'm sensing that you're someone who is sensitive about what others think of you. while it is important to manage people's perception of you, you should also accept that you can't please everybody. there will ALWAYS be someone who feels negative about you, and it's ok because that's how the real world is.

enjoy your job, sales is where the money is my friend [thumbsup]

I also had same problem with Peugout.......My car was ard 1 yr and 7 mths and my car coolants had given me 2 times same problem! I had also email to AutoFrance and see what they can do regarding this..............Hope they change a NEW car for me....lol

I also had same problem with Peugout.......My car was ard 1 yr and 7 mths and my car coolants had given me 2 times same problem! I had also email to AutoFrance and see what they can do regarding this..............Hope they change a NEW car for me....lol

u mean ur 1 yr 7 mth old pug overheated?

u mean ur 1 yr 7 mth old pug overheated?

First time....I was told coolants got leakage

Second time......I was told the sensor got problem that y the coolants got heated up n my aircon was blowing warm airs......

First time....I was told coolants got leakage

Second time......I was told the sensor got problem that y the coolants got heated up n my aircon was blowing warm airs......

alamak.....thot modern pugs hv those problem behind them. which model izit?

my humble advice to you is to stay focused on meeting and exceeding your sales goals and numbers. that is your core job and what brings in the money. i have worked with lots of successful sales account managers. they are always focused on exceeding the goals, aggressive (but not annoying) and savvy with handling customer relationships (good and bad ones). there will be positive people that you should be close with, and also negative people who will sap away your energy that you should either stay away from or at least manage carefully.

i'm sensing that you're someone who is sensitive about what others think of you. while it is important to manage people's perception of you, you should also accept that you can't please everybody. there will ALWAYS be someone who feels negative about you, and it's ok because that's how the real world is.

enjoy your job, sales is where the money is my friend [thumbsup]

im not in the sales line.

so many pieces of bad news regarding the vw dsg. given that audi and skoda use the same gb, i wonder why i am not reading similar from audi and skoda owners? or maybe i am in the wrong forum?

Like I mentioned. It's the quality of the customer service quality. If they brush comprains and feedback aside, ignoring customers requests the more ppl will get to hear of it. If customers are well taken care of and comprains quickly addressed you will hear less or non of it.

It doesn't mean that the usual problems are not there.

Edited by Watwheels

bro, toothless TIGER also can help this type of case?

Exactly! CASE? Pls laaaaa.

Might be more efficient to send in debt collectors. At least they do REAL work.

Btw, who is paying CASE's salary hur? Hope not tax payers..

there are those people red-eyed, that see you driving a more expensive car.

my Jetta is already causing some red eye people..to have views alr

i dont understand the red-eyed part. to a VW? if it is BM or MERZ, then i can understand. obviously, the one with red eye to VW does not understand car. i think 308cc will get more attention compared with Jetta. Seriously, VW is overrated and has doubt on the reliability part.

that's why he bought the VW and not C.

i dont understand the red-eyed part. to a VW? if it is BM or MERZ, then i can understand. obviously, the one with red eye to VW does not understand car. i think 308cc will get more attention compared with Jetta. Seriously, VW is overrated and has doubt on the reliability part.

13 months

coincidentally, I met a consultant director ytd mentioned he dumped his 1 yo audi q5 due to jerky movement at low gear, feeling like car not gonna move. Looks like car owners gotta be careful b4 buyin certain ride makes.
↡ Advertisement