Handed a CASE letter to VW today! Blog updates.

Keithchue

you are a siao lang?

I don't understand. Didn't you just say you spent your money on MBA?

Strike 4d?

found out that co will sponsor 1/2 of my MBA..

haha

What's important about MBA is network of Alumni.

network important so, going to brush up om that

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Very often, networking involve elements of BS and not everyone is good at this. Unfortunately, it is very important to have this to survive but not everyone subscribe to such lifestyle.

So, be yourself and be happy. Successful in career does not equate to success in life. A well balanced lifestyle and integrity may work for most. 

• Praise 2

found out that co will sponsor 1/2 of my MBA..

haha

The study in itself is not important.

What's important is the people you meet in your studies.

It is similar to why ppl want to study in branded school.

The study in itself is not important.

What's important is the people you meet in your studies.

It is similar to why ppl want to study in branded school.

wa, so sounds like my company.

FYI, in my current company, any Insead MBA will fastrack to upper mgt within 7 yrs, any MBA will take 10-15 yers.  good path hor,

wa, so sounds like my company.

FYI, in my current company, any Insead MBA will fastrack to upper mgt within 7 yrs, any MBA will take 10-15 yers.  good path hor,

French company? :XD:

There are some top notch EMBA running around which is as good as Insead in term of networking.

Supersonic
(edited)

What's important about MBA is network of Alumni.

local mba (like smu,nus,ntu) got good connections too?

Edited by Kusje

French company? :XD:

There are some top notch EMBA running around which is as good as Insead in term of networking.

American leh

local mba (like smu,nus,ntu) got good connections too?

not as good as international student...

this car will be the death of me, this morning started the car, coolant leaking... @#$%^#@%W@Q%

sooon....soooon...

Supercharged

this car will be the death of me, this morning started the car, coolant leaking... @#$%^#@%W@Q%

It will just make the move to Jazz sweeter....

It will just make the move to Jazz sweeter....

bought the city instead..

Dun die b4 collecting jazz tho

Haaaa

if die, I send the car earlier to kah, take bus lo

bought the city instead..

if die, I send the car earlier to kah, take bus lo

Look forward to collecting your new Honda bro, but I pity the new owner of your Jetta, hopefully , the dealer will just deregister your current car and crush it to bits.

Look forward to collecting your new Honda bro, but I pity the new owner of your Jetta, hopefully , the dealer will just deregister your current car and crush it to bits.

maybe new owner will start a new (Help I bought a lemon) thread here !!!  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Saw this in FB, Malaysian equivalent of Keith.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216147810426835&id=1198217039

Copy and paste starts from here:

Open letter.

For those considering to buy VW car. Don’t be stupid. They SUCK.

I am againts villifying the whole corporation just because you had a bad experience with it but this is an exception. It may not happen to all but chances that it will happen to you much higher than if you buy other reliable brands.

I air my stupidity in public so you dont have to.

Dear VW Malaysia

I want to make a formal complaint about the reliability of your Volkswagen car and the quality of the after sales service center in particular Glenmarie Service Center.

I purchased the car VW Polo GTI 1.4 in Jan 2015 in VW TTDI. I was aware about the problem with Volkswagen car. I knew about the DSG problem, the poor reliability, poor after sales service.

It was well recorded in the public domain, Facebook, car forum, press in the last few years but I decided to purchase it regardless.

Now after 2 years owning the car, I have to admit, decision to purchase Volkswagen car has been an extremely poor judgement which has caused tremendous financial and emotional impact on me for the last 2 years and will continue for the next 5 years.

Since 2 years ago, the car has had 6 breakdowns, few of which had nearly cost me and my family’s life. The breakdown details are as follows and the proof is in the invoice records attached.

19th Oct 2016 – Power steering suddenly lost power and become stiff as I was driving the car in the highway. This event is so dangerous and might have caused an accident. Upon checking, the power steering pump has to be replaced. Waiting time 4 weeks. No courtesy car provided.

21st Mar 2017 – Front wheel bearing has to be replaced. Waiting time 1 week. No courtesy car provided

30th May 2017 – Warning lights appearing on dashboard. Upon checking, radiator is leaking and had to be replaced. Waiting time 2 weeks. No courtesy car provided.

4th Oct 2017 – Gears suddenly disengage while driving. Power is lost and luckily I could stop the car by the road side. Again, this event might have caused an accident. Upon checking, the mechatronic malfunctions and had to be replaced. Waiting time 2 weeks. No courtesy car provided.

30th Nov 2017 – Wheel bearing has to be replaced again in less than 1 year. Waiting time 1 week. No courtesy car provided.

5th Mar 2018 – Few warning lights appear again on dashboard. Gears unable to engage properly. Upon checking, the engine malfunctions and required an overhaul.

The latest breakdown on the 5th March gives me additional emotional blow. I was promised a courtesy car as it was a major breakdown but after 1 month, no courtesy car is given. As I did not receive clear updates on the status of the car, I went down to the service center on 7th of April to get the feedback. I was informed that after more than 1 month, the repair is still not complete because they only just discovered, there are still additional parts required and need to be ordered from Singapore.

To further add insults to my frustration, I saw another customer getting her courtesy car right in front of eyes. Upon inquiry, I found out that customer just sent her car for engine problem on the 27th of Mar. That is almost 1 month after my car was sent it, yet not only my car is not done, I was yet to get any replacement car, the service advisor unable to give estimate on when my car will be completed and worst still, other customer who just sent her car managed to get a courtesy car. This happens right in front of my eyes.

When queried, customer service personnel shifts the blame to service advisor who shift the blames to the Manager in charge of the courtesy car.

I have dealt with Glenmarie Service Center for all the problems as it is close to my house. The customer experience here is terrible to say the least. I can summarize my frustration as follows

Poor Communication – Each time the car is sent for repair, the service advisor promised to call in few days to update the diagnosis. This has never happened. 6 times I sent the car here for repair and this did not happen. I had to make the call to the SC but when I do, the service advisor is never available to talk. They promised to call me back, and again this do not happen. I have to call multiple times just to talk to the service advisor to get updates on my car. When I ask for estimates of completion time, no clear answer has ever been given. This points to gross incompetence in diagnosis, planning and executing the job as well as customer supports.

Availability of courtesy car – I understand that the courtesy car is limited. However, there is no clear policy on what kind of problem is entitled for a courtesy car. I have had to deal with 6 breakdown, the least I expect is some courtesy to provide me with courtesy car. Now even with major breakdown such as engine overhaul, I still do not get the courtesy car. When asked the courtesy is car is never available. If it is never available, it suggests that you just simply do not have enough to cater for the demand.

Long time to order the parts – When I purchased the car in 2015, as advised by the salesman, VW Malaysia will move the spare parts warehouse from Singapore to Malaysia. Now 2018, I believe this is yet to happen. Each time my car break down, there is always parts that you have to order from Singapore and this takes times not only the delivery but all the paperwork involved. This has been a huge inconvenience

I would like to get rid of the car but because of its poor quality, it fetches a miserable value in the market. I have to top up at least RM 50 K to the bank if I were to sell it.

Now even before the engine had a problem, I have had 6 breakdowns. After this overhauls I foresee this will get worse.

I will have to live with nightmare time and time again. I am exploring legal options on this as I believe the Federal Auto and VW Malaysia have to be accountable to all the financial and emotional turmoil they have caused to customer as a results of owning your car.

End of Letter

-11th April 2018 @ 10.30 am – Over 500++ comments, 500++ shares, 500++ reactions in around 24 hours.

- This seems encouraging but deep down inside I knew this will not make a dent in VW Malaysia Corporate attitude.

- VW executives reads about it, talk about it while sipping their coffee this morning and they move on business as usual. Why, because they are too many suckers out there. This will pass, as it did a couple of years ago. People will forget and still buy VW

- Do yourself a favor and read complaints from years back on VW and be your own judge.

- Thousands of people read this post, some will change their minds, and some will still continue to buy VW hoping THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN TO THEM. I was you in 2015. Went against my deepest instinct crossing my fingers that things will be all right. Don’t be like me. Please have mercy on yourself.

- No doubt VW makes some nice looking high performance car. I bet it becomes an object of envy for your Proton, Myvi or even Japanese driving friend. Yes they are awesome, when they WORK.

- Few months down the line, when the luster of shiny brand new continental car starts to wear off and you have to start making frequent visit to SC, make sure your other friend will not know about it.

- This is a thing about human. Your choice of car represents your pride. Pride in your decision and pride in your ability to own them. When something goes wrong not once but repeatedly, how likely are you to admit to your spouse, your friends that it has been a terrible decision?

- If you go to VW owners club, you will notice a frequent problems with their VW have been accepted as norms and treated as given.

- I don’t blame them. I am one too for many times. This is a coping mechanism to convince yourself what you are experience is normal in order to protect your pride.

- Talking about PRIDE. I have another MYVI 1.3 SE which I bought way back in 2008. Now almost 10 years, it has never been to workshop. Not even once. Now I brought it here with me in Brunei where I work.

- But again with PRIDE, let me bare my ass little futher, I used to drive the MYVI to play golf in Malaysia. You drive to the bag drop area and you will see other high flying executive drive in with their continental cars. BMW, Merc and VW among others. When you drive in your MYVI, you can almost see even the Indon caddy will squirm to take your bag. They wonder how much tips they will get from someone who drives MYVI.

- Subconsciously, the experience hurts your pride, you start parking your car further in the parking lots and carry your own bags and before you know it you convince yourself to get a new car. A continental car if possible.

- Malaysian car, Japanese car seem suffice but VW is a European car. Although in Europe they are commoner’s car, it carries a little bit more I don’t know. A deluded sense of prestige, because bro It is not a Malaysian or Japanese car.

- Plus, the price is just within reach. If you are middle class professional with decent income, why not right.

- All the horror stories you read about VW. Yes you know it but come on what car does not have problems? Right?

- This is why I think VW executive just sniggers at the customer complaints like mine because there are still too many suckers out there. People will just forget.

- I saw some VW owners get a bit defensive. Some make no attempt to hide their thinly veiled sense of pride that theirs are still doing fine. I pray it will continue to be fine. I really do.

- Oh you know, be careful with the service interval. You have to be judicious with this because once you over certain margin, your whole warranty will be void. Imagine the horror if suddenly your engine has to be replaced without warranty?

- Is it fair that the customers are severely punished with voidance in warranty because a little slippage on the service interval while VW walks scots free despite thousands of problems with their cars?

- They can sell lousy cars with no consequence while their customers have to suffer financially over a small mistake?

- By the way, feel the need to address this. My wife drives the car to commute from Shah Alam to Putrajaya every day. She used ELITE. Straight highway with little room to drift. Plus she only starts driving at 30 years old after I got transferred to Brunei. Guess which lane she drives on?

Action

- I sent the email to VW Malaysia. Their rep is already in touch.

- I will write similar formal letter to VW HQ in Germany

- I will lodge formal complaint to National Consumer Protection Tribunal in Malaysia – We do not have Lemon Law yet in Malaysia but apparently some provisions of the law are contained within the our Consumer Protection Acts.

Again, I do not know how far I will go with this and how much stamina i have, but I just think this arrogant non-chalant VW Malaysia corporate attitude that treat their customers like piece of their overpriced junk need to be addressed. If you have any other thoughts and what else I should do, please share.

Updates

- Spoke to VW after sales manager. He is courteous enough to make a courtesy car avaible for me

- Will have meeting with VW executives soon to resolve the issues.

You folks are smart enough to separate facts and opinion from above. The breakdowns would have been tolerable should the after sales service compensates.

Not all VW will have problem. Get your facts and statistics to base your choice and trust the number. VW DSG defects community have good info to support your decision.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4