All new 2014 Elantra

Quantum

From those listed, my heart will say take kia optima if fc is not a concern... But I clock 27-29k a year unfortunately and have to take fc into serious consideration...., so if to go by the head, I will take mz3 from those listed purely base on fc and 6at gb...

The issue of course is if the fuel consumption of the Mazda is really that good... I haven't paid much attention to the Mazdas, but the salesman was trying to convince me by showing me Whatsapp chat exchanges that his customers buying the 3 really manage to easily clock 14 km/L. He did tell me that 17 km/L is not quite feasible in Singapore but 14 km/L was definitely attainable without too much effort.

↡ Advertisement

From those listed, my heart will say take kia optima if fc is not a concern... But I clock 27-29k a year unfortunately and have to take fc into serious consideration...., so if to go by the head, I will take mz3 from those listed purely base on fc and 6at gb...

Ford mondeo or focus also can. Fc wise maybe a3.

The issue of course is if the fuel consumption of the Mazda is really that good... I haven't paid much attention to the Mazdas, but the salesman was trying to convince me by showing me Whatsapp chat exchanges that his customers buying the 3 really manage to easily clock 14 km/L. He did tell me that 17 km/L is not quite feasible in Singapore but 14 km/L was definitely attainable without too much effort.

I'm driving a elantra and I'm clocking about 14.5 to 14.7km/litre.

Your driving habits if drive Mazda 3, it will be 18.5km/l or even more.

We have official Lta figures.. Elantra is not known for its fc.

Your driving route, driving habits matter.

Edited by Ivan_06

Maybe provide a pic today and time stamp it to verify your claim?

dashboard meter not accurate one lah.. got pic also no use.. Just based on LTA figures for comparison between car models.. and take owner's feedback with a pinch of salt since everyone drives differently and measures differently..

dashboard meter not accurate one lah.. got pic also no use.. Just based on LTA figures for comparison between car models.. and take owner's feedback with a pinch of salt since everyone drives differently and measures differently..

Thus if someone has great fc on the Elantra, they would have way better fc on other models with a better rating from LTA, with similar driving patterns?

Thus if someone has great fc on the Elantra, they would have way better fc on other models with a better rating from LTA, with similar driving patterns?

yup.. very likely..

• Praise 1

Maybe provide a pic today and time stamp it to verify your claim?

I am driving MIK. I can say that, no disrespect to aaronlow (and others), MIK is definitely not known for FC lah. I wouldn't even bother trying to compete in FC terms.

But there is more to a car than FC, there is also design (in and out) performance and features. And that's all i will say as don't want to go into another MIK vs MIJ/MIT type of war.

• Praise 1

I am driving MIK. I can say that, no disrespect to aaronlow (and others), MIK is definitely not known for FC lah. I wouldn't even bother trying to compete in FC terms.

But there is more to a car than FC, there is also design (in and out) performance and features. And that's all i will say as don't want to go into another MIK vs MIJ/MIT type of war.

Yeap. I love the curves of this elantra. And in fact the interior seemed nicer to be compared to the new incoming model lo

Yeap. I love the curves of this elantra. And in fact the interior seemed nicer to be compared to the new incoming model lo

Sorry i have to differ on this. I never really liked the current elantra interior though i would understand why some would. It's just not my kind of look - like trying to hard to be sexy/curvy.

The new elantra's interior looks a bit more "normal" and maybe therefore boring. But for me it's more "proper" and less trying to be too clever. But definitely love the exterior design of the new elantra. 

But my main love now is with the Tucson.

Sorry i have to differ on this. I never really liked the current elantra interior though i would understand why some would. It's just not my kind of look - like trying to hard to be sexy/curvy.

The new elantra's interior looks a bit more "normal" and maybe therefore boring. But for me it's more "proper" and less trying to be too clever. But definitely love the exterior design of the new elantra. 

But my main love now is with the Tucson.

Yes tucson interior is chio. i agree with that.

Elantra curves does make the front look more spacious than jutting out at you. But yea one man's meat is another man's poison lol

Yes tucson interior is chio. i agree with that.

Elantra curves does make the front look more spacious than jutting out at you. But yea one man's meat is another man's poison lol

Not just the interior, love the exterior too and the very refined ride.

But there is more to a car than FC, there is also design (in and out) performance and features. And that's all i will say as don't want to go into another MIK vs MIJ/MIT type of war.

I also driving MIK, only so cos that's a decent 6 speed manual transmission for accent. Build quality and etc better than my NCP42 manual transmission

why compare FC when you should be comparing the price difference? how about taking the price difference and use it on paying the fuel? the difference is like 2km/l + only lol. if price difference is 10k,i guess it can pay quite alot of petrol that u need. ^_^

Actually, the trip computer is very accurate. And I would prefer to trust it rather than LTA figures and their manufacturer's ratings. Cos those figures are based on some assumed driving environment and pattern.

What's your driving pattern like? Do you drive your car hard? Or you take your own sweet time to get upto speed? How fast you drive? Mainly highway? What's your ratio of highway and city driving? How often does your car idle? Do you drive up multi-storey car parks? If so which floor do you park on? How hard do you push the car when going up the ramp?

Getting 14+ km/L in Singapore is pretty good. But it is very dependent on the above questions. I would very happy if the Optima can clock 12 km/L with my kind of driving pattern. My road speeds are usually above the limits, sometimes way over. I accelerate pretty hard at traffic lights, I change up between 3000 - 3500 RPM. I drive a manual now. And I get 11 km/L on my 1.6 L Impreza. 70% highway.

Your driving habits if drive Mazda 3, it will be 18.5km/l or even more.

We have official Lta figures.. Elantra is not known for its fc.

Your driving route, driving habits matter.

That does not always add up that way... cos if the car were sportier, you might be tempted to rev harder...

I seriously doubt that you can get better mileage than the manufacturer declared consumption for the Mazda 3. And with that, getting 18.5 km/L is diesel-engine territory... I find it hard to believe on a naturally aspirated petrol engine.

Actually, the trip computer is very accurate. And I would prefer to trust it rather than LTA figures and their manufacturer's ratings. Cos those figures are based on some assumed driving environment and pattern.

I only trust my own data, how many liter i paid and how far i covered, my whole 2015 ave fc is 12.41km/L.. latio 4at, spc95, kumho 16" ku31. Hehehhe...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1