Why Foreign Cars with Dark-tinted glass are allowed into SG?

Talking about security lapses at our border, I am sure most of us have seen many foreign-registered cars with dark-tinted glass driving around on our roads. But the question is why are they are allowed in the first place since this is supposed to be illegal?

Though they are foreign cars, they must adhere to our traffic rules & regulations.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Talking about security lapses at our border, I am sure most of us have seen many foreign-registered cars with dark-tinted glass driving around on our roads. But the question is why are they are allowed in the first place since this is supposed to be illegal?

Though they are foreign cars, they must adhere to our traffic rules & regulations.....

Becos when they pass thru our checkpoints, no one stop them!

You've also seen Singapore cars with illegal mods right?

Doesn't that answer your question?

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

They are not obliged to local regulations which explains the horrible exos they have and yet passed the checkpoint. Speaking of which I was caught again for illegal mods recently :P.

• Praise 1

Not only foreign-registered cars lah,

even singapore-registered cars also with very dark-tinted glass, especially those MPVs, cannot see inside anything from these MPVs' rear glass, don't know what doing inside [:p]

while 3 years inspection, remove the illegal film, once passed the inspection, installed back again,

a lot workshops provide this service,

because our LTA never spot-check on road, they are too busy to think how to earn more $$ from COE

Edited by Quantum
  • Praise 1

Yeah seen quite a lot of SK plates have those very tinted glass. I was stopped too but was mistaken as it's my curtains attract the attention of LTA. But was caught for modding for lights.

• Praise 1

Because LTA say if it comes default, then it's legal, even if the tinting is darker than allowed or what ever mods it come with.

BTW, Malaysia is 50% tint all round right?

• Praise 1

Yeah seen quite a lot of SK plates have those very tinted glass. I was stopped too but was mistaken as it's my curtains attract the attention of LTA. But was caught for modding for lights.

I thought curtains are not allowed for front windows?

the authorities could be turning a blind eye due to the emphasis on trade relations with truly asia..only recently did the NEA start enforcing on vehicular emission and given truly asians 6 more months extra just to comply..such is the disadvantage of being a small country that sinkies have to bow down to everyone including Indonesia, Malaysia & chao ang mohs [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Wow curtain in the front? Part-time chx suppliers huh?

Supercharged

No lah....I have curtains (total dark ones) on my car's 4 windows. I even pass the Vicom car inspection.

No lah....I have curtains (total dark ones) on my car's 4 windows. I even pass the Vicom car inspection.

didn't know can pass! but i am no fan of it anyway..

Wow curtain in the front? Part-time chx suppliers huh?

chx???

Front curtain are not fully covered. Yeah can passed inspection but reminded that not to cover up. what's the deal? Might as well dun have.. Crazy.

the authorities could be turning a blind eye due to the emphasis on trade relations with truly asia..only recently did the NEA start enforcing on vehicular emission and given truly asians 6 more months extra just to comply..such is the disadvantage of being a small country that sinkies have to bow down to everyone including Indonesia, Malaysia & chao ang mohs [thumbsdown]

if I remember correctly, the tinted glass ruling was suppose to be more strict in MY..

Not only foreign-registered cars lah,

even singapore-registered cars also with very dark-tinted glass, especially those MPVs, cannot see inside anything from these MPVs' rear glass, don't know what doing inside [:p]

while 3 years inspection, remove the illegal film, once passed the inspection, installed back again,

a lot workshops provide this service,

because our LTA never spot-check on road, they are too busy to think how to earn more $$ from COE

not true loh..

i was caught in 2012.. in a particular midnight around 2.30am from jb with my wife..

my car was stopped, fined with tinting, exhaust, led..

after appeal, $520 donated..

knn..

now i grown up, my car is full LTA compliance.

• Praise 1

not true loh..

i was caught in 2012.. in a particular midnight around 2.30am from jb with my wife..

my car was stopped, fined with tinting, exhaust, led..

after appeal, $520 donated..

knn..

now i grown up, my car is full LTA compliance.

I was caught on the day before national day 2012. Exos & lightings. After appeal $300+ donated.

knn

Grow up and never learn :P still illegal again. except dun have the expensive exos. Caught recently again. Lucky given lenient treatment and summon for one item out of several.

I was caught on the day before national day 2012. Exos & lightings. After appeal $300+ donated.

knn

Grow up and never learn :P still illegal again. except dun have the expensive exos. Caught recently again. Lucky given lenient treatment and summon for one item out of several.

its not about the money, its the time spent..

usually for such offence, you need to go through few round of inspections..

for mine, i went through 4 round then passed..

plus the money go to the garment, i rather donate to the needy..

i still like to mod cars.. but no longer do in singapore..

the lifespan too short.. too dangerous and no fun

↡ Advertisement