Metal Buddies fall in

Mllcg

I onli know Kurt Cobain. 1967 - 1994.

What will happen if someone throws a 2 kg magnet into this thread?!!

Just kidding

I only know HEAVY CHAIN. :D

Seriously when they sing you cant really tell they are Japanese rockers

G'old AC/DC counted?

↡ Advertisement

metal music cannot listen for a long period of time coz will make a person more violent.

last time I listen to GNR, Metallica,.got sian then classmates recommend Sepulura, Danzig and Testament. got addicited and wan something heavier..then again, classmates recommend Napalm Death

Wah..listen over some time then realise my temper shoot up easily, likes to stay in dark places

metal music cannot listen for a long period of time coz will make a person more violent.

last time I listen to GNR, Metallica,.got sian then classmates recommend Sepulura, Danzig and Testament. got addicited and wan something heavier..then again, classmates recommend Napalm Death

Wah..listen over some time then realise my temper shoot up easily, likes to stay in dark places

So extreme? Try to mix ballad songs in between those head banging songs.

Those were my teenage years lah..sub-consiously, I aware that i became easily agitated then my frens also say cannot listen too much.

Managed to put away those songs and then ok liao..after that listen to Techno, Trance. Haha!

Better dont listen to Sepultura. A friend always listened to them even heard them on the walkman while he was going to sleep. He was a very serious guy and one day he said he woke up to people whispering through his headphone eventhough the walkman had stopped for quite sometime. He stopped listening to them after that!

Better dont listen to Sepultura. A friend always listened to them even heard them on the walkman while he was going to sleep. He was a very serious guy and one day he said he woke up to people whispering through his headphone eventhough the walkman had stopped for quite sometime. He stopped listening to them after that!

Serious ah..no wonder people always refer such music as demonic sound. Kind of good that nowadays heavy metal is not popular as before..otherwise there will be more youths got "possessed" and do silly acts and stuff.

Loved Sepultura back in the day. Beneath the Remains was my favourite, and I consider that even better than Arise (even though that's considered their peak by many). I even love their "low-fi" raw stuff like Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation and the awesome Schizophrenia. I had all their albums up to and including Arise on original cassette tape. Remember Roadrunner/Roadracer records?

I didn't even bother with all their newer stuff (Roots, Chaos A.D.), etc. By then I was already into much heavier stuff.

Damn, going to crank out some Sepultura on Youtube.

EDIT: Can't enjoy this alone. Oh, btw, Mllcg - no offence to Babymetal, but for reference *this* is *real* metal.

http://youtu.be/_drHxvNpjQQ

Serious ah..no wonder people always refer such music as demonic sound. Kind of good that nowadays heavy metal is not popular as before..otherwise there will be more youths got "possessed" and do silly acts and stuff.

Look man, I've been listening to metal since I was 15. No effect on me whatsoever. HAIL SATAN...oh, what was I talking about? Yeah, like I was saying, I'm completely well-adjusted. :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Hi bro; u must one of the old skool ….

Waiting for the Young brothers to perform here.

Was listening to their TNT while driving back to office earlier today.

Had watched concerts of D Purple ( both Blackmore & Morse ) / Black Sabbath / Scorpions / Iron Maiden / Yngwie Malmsteen / Dream Theater…..

ACDC is the only band not in my list MUST watch.

BTW had a photo with Ronnie James Dio when Sabbath performed at Fort Canning 2007 ( rip in 2010 ).

Rock Never Dies BUT Rockers DO…. [blush]

What will happen if someone throws a 2 kg magnet into this thread?!!

Just kidding

G'old AC/DC counted?

New band to intro. Japananese all girls metal band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDqaTXqCN-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IzR_ClTE8Y

the rest all search yourself. haha [grin]

Su-metal Death / Moa-metal Death / Yui-metal death / BABYMETAL DEATH! [inlove]

Yeah, I remember them too. :D

With regard to this Babymetal band - fairly generic power metal. But not too bad. Some parts sound a bit like Dream Theater. Hate the vocals though.

Are you referring to the Alice in Chains/Rob Zombie/etc. gig? I don't really consider that metal - even though I was into those bands long ago, not really into it anymore.

Really hoping to see a band like Fleshgod Apocalypse, Amon Amarth, Kalmah, etc. in Singapore, especially after I've been blessed enough to have seen Opeth live. But I would be happy to see an old school band like Black Sabbath come back as well.

Bro, Fleshgod will be appearing on my annual pilgrimage this year: http://2014.hammersonic.com :D

That March "rock" fest I don't even bother [:p]

Bro, Fleshgod will be appearing on my annual pilgrimage this year: http://2014.hammersonic.com :D

That March "rock" fest I don't even bother [:p]

Effing hell! I didn't even know about that!

Thanks for telling me man - I really want to go now. But I have to see whether feasible or not. Tix still available or not? How much?

I really wanna see Fleshgod and Kreator. The latter band I haven't kept in touch with, but I still remember their absolutely brilliant Extreme Aggression album from when I was in RI. Man those were great times!

The other event that is really awesome is the Metal Cruise (70000 tons of metal): http://70000tons.com/

Bro - if you're really going I feel like it too! Can I PM you for more details (or feel free to PM me)?

Will finally get to wear my Anaal Nathrakh T-shirt which was so bloody difficult to find that I had to order it from some Russian site.

Edited by Turboflat4

Effing hell! I didn't even know about that!

Thanks for telling me man - I really want to go now. But I have to see whether feasible or not. Tix still available or not? How much?

I really wanna see Fleshgod and Kreator. The latter band I haven't kept in touch with, but I still remember their absolutely brilliant Extreme Aggression album from when I was in RI. Man those were great times!

The other event that is really awesome is the Metal Cruise (7000 tons of metal): http://70000tons.com/

Bro - if you're really going I feel like it too! Can I PM you for more details (or feel free to PM me)?

Will finally get to wear my Anaal Nathrakh T-shirt which was so bloody difficult to find that I had to order it from some Russian site

Based on last year's experience, tix was easily purchased at the door. But you should be able to get the early bird ones from Inokii as well.

Last year was heavenly: Cradle of Filth, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus etc. Two of the best days in my life (though I havent been to another festival)!

You another "Type R"?

You another "Type R"?

Guilty as charged, although I just learned this code recently from Lala81 (another "Type R").

You also?

What are you doing about flight, hotel, etc.?

Edited by Turboflat4

Guilty as charged, although I just learned this code recently from Lala81 (another "Type R").

You also?

What are you doing about flight, hotel, etc.?

I was from Grange Road - the few of us used the scare the shit out of those who stumbled upon us beside the wooden pole shed behind the Science lab - with sounds of Merciful Fate completing the "devil worship ground" scene [:p]

I haven't planned this year's yet. Last year, following the cancellation of the CoF gig here, I basically:

1) booked a last-min Lionair flight at around 10am

3) took a cab straight to a hotel I found in Google Earth to be nearest to the area

3) threw my bag in the room and was head banging at the pit by noon

So far this year is only one day (vs two last year) and the location is a lot more downtown (at Senayan stadium area) so there should be more hotels in the vicinity - though I haven't started searching yet.

I was from Grange Road -

So was I bro - well, for 3.5 years. The last half year (in 1990) was in the Bishan campus. Nice new digs, but it lacked the character and serenity (that's the best way I can put it) of the old campus.

the few of us used the scare the shit out of those who stumbled upon us beside the wooden pole shed behind the Science lab - with sounds of Merciful Fate completing the "devil worship ground" scene [:p]

Sounds so awesome! I love scaring the straights (another Ghostbusters reference (G2) - RIP Harold Ramis).

I haven't planned this year's yet. Last year, following the cancellation of the CoF gig here, I basically:

1) booked a last-min Lionair flight at around 10am

3) took a cab straight to a hotel I found in Google Earth to be nearest to the area

3) threw my bag in the room and was head banging at the pit by noon

So far this year is only one day (vs two last year) and the location is a lot more downtown (at Senayan stadium area) so there should be more hotels in the vicinity - though I haven't started searching yet.

OK, will definitely hook up with you if I decide to go. I'm really only interested in those 2 bands, but I will check the rest out. If it's all too metalcore, I'll just relak one corner. Only 20 to 30 bucks, right? Of course, that excludes the airfare and hotel.

So was I bro - well, for 3.5 years. The last half year (in 1990) was in the Bishan campus. Nice new digs, but it lacked the character and serenity (that's the best way I can put it) of the old campus.

OK, will definitely hook up with you if I decide to go. I'm really only interested in those 2 bands, but I will check the rest out. If it's all too metalcore, I'll just relak one corner. Only 20 to 30 bucks, right? Of course, that excludes the airfare and hotel.

So you are one year my junior ...

If you're only interested in the headliners, they usually play last after 8-9 pm. Maybe wait for the confirmed schedule (still not out yet) and aim for a flight that arrives few hours before (taking into account Jakarta's traffic jam). This way, you may not need to take the whole day off (it's a Sunday btw) - so just one night of hotel stay after the concert will be enough.

Like last year, I'll probably book my tickets/flights/hotel near the event itself. Coz you'll never know if any artistes will pull out last-minute - think Foo Fighters & Jason Newsted.

Aiyo, now then notice Babymetal... [:p] [:p]

Megitsune, Doki Doki Morning, Headbanger [thumbsup]

Amon Amarth and Rob Zombie for occasional dose of metal. [grin]

Edited by Holdenutessv

So you are one year my junior ...

If you're only interested in the headliners, they usually play last after 8-9 pm. Maybe wait for the confirmed schedule (still not out yet) and aim for a flight that arrives few hours before (taking into account Jakarta's traffic jam). This way, you may not need to take the whole day off (it's a Sunday btw) - so just one night of hotel stay after the concert will be enough.

Like last year, I'll probably book my tickets/flights/hotel near the event itself. Coz you'll never know if any artistes will pull out last-minute - think Foo Fighters & Jason Newsted.

Noted, bro, thanks for the advice. If going, will PM you.

What about Aikawa Nanase ?

2010093003_l.jpg

You sure she belongs in this thread? I mean, I'd bang her, but I don't think I can headbang to her. :D

↡ Advertisement