Why are Singaporeans not interested to buy Malaysian cars?

Quantum

I take 2 of itch tanks  [thumbsup]

:D

i keep this post for you, but i deleted the other post.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Would perceptions about Proton cars change after this?

https://www.nst.com.my/business/2018/03/345798/proton-could-gain-geelys-majority-single-stake-daimler

Proton could gain from Geely's majority single-stake in Daimler

KUALA LUMPUR: National carmaker Proton Holdings Bhd could gain in terms of technologies and new markets from the recent Zhejiang Geely Holding Group’s (Geely) acquisition of the largest single-shareholder in Daimler AG.

Further to this exercise, prospects of sharing electrical car technologies, a potentially lucrative and technologically-advanced auto group, is now possible for the local automaker.

This includes international brands such as Daimler, Mercedes Benz, Volvo cars and trucks, Lotus as well as London Taxi Cabs.

To note, Geely chairman, Li Shufu is currently the majority single largest shareholder in Daimler, after acquiring 9.69 per cent stake or 103.62 million shares in the German’s giant automotive company recently.

Daimler develops, manufactures, distributes and sells a wide range of automotive products, mainly passenger cars, trucks, vans and buses.

It also provides financial and other services relating to its automotive businesses.

Proton, which is a 49.9 per cent owned by Geely, said the company has undergone a quality improvement programme with its partner by using an assessment system that is based on Volvo’s global scoring criteria.

Proton said the automaker has undergone a quality improvement programme since the tie-up with Geely by using an assessment system that is based on Swedish automaker Volvo’s global scoring criteria.

“In December 2017, an audit was performed by Geely and showed a remarkable threefold improvement, which is testament to the effectiveness of the ongoing work between the two companies,” it said in a statement today.

Proton said further improvements are gradually being introduced and with the next audit scheduled to take place next month.

“We are confident of achieving a further improvement of this audit score. These improvements are vital as preparations get underway for the launch of PROTON’s first SUV, currently scheduled for the end of 2018,” he added.

The company said it currently testing its first sport utility vehicle (SUV) model developed together with Geely, which is slated to be launched in fourth-quarter this year.

Meanwhile, Proton will embark on the “My Style, My Drive” campaign throughout its sales galleries nationwide next month that focusses on the Proton Iriz.

In February, Proton achieved about 9.6 per cent share of the overall Malaysian automotive market last month with majority of sales contributed by the Saga, Persona, Exora and Iriz.

Twincharged

i would have really considered the Exora if they still had it ...

but in terms of performance, perdana and putra are their top of the line.

If the perdana or the accordana was available I'd go for them too. And the preve.

But oh well, such is life.

Even if the price is reasonable, the VES will kill it. Just like the P2 Axia..(20K Surcharge come June).. sorry for the OT..

Even if the price is reasonable, the VES will kill it. Just like the P2 Axia..(20K Surcharge come June).. sorry for the OT..

Ya lor. 86k for a standard axia? Might as well stop selling it.