Why are Singaporeans not interested to buy Malaysian cars?

Quantum

You be surprised there are very rich people who stay in HDB.

Sure, I wouldn't miss it for the world !!! [kiss]

in my home HDB carpark red lot, park a BMW750 with 21" sporty rim, believe it is more expensive than his flat,

consider very rich people boh [:p]

↡ Advertisement

He needs to walk the talk.....

As I said before, the first Proton n first Hyundai (Pony) started about the same time in the early 80s, but the two brands are now world apart in all aspects.

Dr M did walk the talk, but walking clearly isn't enough in this case.

well, i believe marketing plays an important part..

with our car price and COE, if proton priced themselves half or much lower compared to others, i don't see why singaporeans are not biting it

How to have half the price when COE is so darn high?

I rather top up 10k get a MIK car or 15-20K get a MIJ car.. Feel safer also..

Unless you say Lotus, which is owned by Proton.. Then different.. Haha

LOL !!! You mean there are people actually want to steal these cars??!! It's the same jail terms for car thefts, whatever the models, no?

If I'm a thief, I'll rather steal something that has market demand and sell easily in bolehland.

Even if I strip the parts out, no problem finding buyers.

I believe they are also not so nationalistic in culture like the Japanese to insist on supporting their own country's badge of car.

yeah, I noticed malaysian indeed not so nationalistic, like China and Indian,

Edited by Quantum

I have no problem with my Proton! Cannot smoke other cars in sg but i ever did 180 on nsh. Servicing in jb is a breeze and just changed my water pump and timing belt for less than 400rm. As long as i don borrow money from others just to servis my car or pay my installments i happy liao! Never had a breakdown for the past 6 yrs (touch wood). As long as it can bring me from point A to be B ok liao! Dont care face or what lar.....i no need to ask others for rides i so happy !

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 3

Actually a lot of other makes are assembled in Malaysia. Toyota, Honda, Nissan, VW, BMW and so on. You see many of those Vios across the causeway?? All assembled in Malaysia, so are the new F30 3 series. These locally-assembled vehicles are called CKD (completely knocked down). These is to create jobs for the locals and protect their country's overall automotive industry - not just proton.

• Praise 1

If I'm a thief, I'll rather steal something that has market demand and sell easily in bolehland.

Even if I strip the parts out, no problem finding buyers.

Well if i am the thief. I would rather go for jap makes like honda and toyota. Will be more worthwhile as parts can be easily sold too but higher priced compared to malaysian domestic makes since im alr taking the risk to commit the crime.

The Suprima S looks not bad leh...

Cannot comment on the interior though.

Dont think Proton Singapore will bring it in though (assuming they are still alive...lol)

The problem doesn't lies with the brand but the system here..

If I'm working on malaysia, I will get one for sure, my dad and brothers all drive proton for years.... But due to the system here, it make me feel like a dumb Fark for paying such a price when I could get a Korean made or even nippon made with a bit more.... Can't get past the psychological barrier...

The problem doesn't lies with the brand but the system here..

If I'm working on malaysia, I will get one for sure, my dad and brothers all drive proton for years.... But due to the system here, it make me feel like a dumb Fark for paying such a price when I could get a Korean made or even nippon made with a bit more.... Can't get past the psychological barrier...

actually the whole world think that we are dumbfark for buying a can of moving metal for such a high price.....hahahaha!
  • Praise 1

If.......if lah.....

If Proton and Perodua cars are exempted from COE, am sure many will grab.... [laugh] Who say not interested?

Sorry am still not interested. Having owned a Proton Exora for 7 months has affirmed that Proton still has a long way to go in terms of quality and QC. The problems that I faced could be found here http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2686956-proton-exora-2/page-14. Post 276. What is the use of having a car that has to visit the workshop every now and then. Wasting time and money. Edited by Coolpica