Do You Want To Retire Before 60 ?

I wanted to but everythings soooooooooooo expensive nowadays ..... [:(]

I am one of the 78% ..... [sly]

yahoo news: 3 in 10 Singaporeans eye retiring before hitting 60 years old

And they'll rely on their savings.

According to Nielsen, 78 percent of Singaporean respondents say they plan to rely on their personal savings and investments as primary source of income after retirement.

Respondents from Singapore stood most confident about utilizing personal savings and investments as their primary source of income when retired as compared to the other countries in Southeast Asia.

The Nielsen Global Survey about Aging, which polled more than 30,000 Internet respondents in 60 countriesi, also revealed that 29 percent of Singaporean respondents plan to retire before they reach the age of 60 years.

For almost half of Singaporeans (45%) their ideal retirement age is younger than their planned/actual retirement age. In other Southeast Asian countries, even more respondents plan to have retired below the age of 60 years: Malaysia (50%) Indonesia (49%) Vietnam (44%), Thailand (33%) and The Philippines (30%).

“The fact that most Singaporeans rely on their own savings and investment speaks about their desire to be self-reliant and self-sufficient,” said Luca Griseri, Head of Nielsen’s Financial Services in Singapore and Malaysia. “It presents an opportunity for financial service providers to facilitate this by offering adequate financial products that help citizens build their retirement funds early on. Information about what are the correct strategies for building a retirement nest is key, so that Singaporeans can start planning for their retirement early.

link: http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/3-10-singaporeans-eye-retiring-061700591.html

Working more than 40 over years and time to relax leow ... [smash]

Edited by pChou
↡ Advertisement

So far the people I know whom boost about retirement end up going back to the workforce.

Money is the last thing on their mind.

They want to be around people, interact, instead of idling at home.

U met anyone reitred for good ? I doubt so.

• Praise 4

I have seen planned retirement and forced retirement. When a person is forced to retire, he/she has high tendency to return workforce whenever opportunity arise.

When a person is on planned retirement, he/she will be ready to embark on the next chapter of their life. It could be an active retirement where you can still engage in some social activities, grassroot leaders, religious event etc. Not idle at home and wait for time to pass.

• Praise 2

I have seen planned retirement and forced retirement. When a person is forced to retire, he/she has high tendency to return workforce whenever opportunity arise.

When a person is on planned retirement, he/she will be ready to embark on the next chapter of their life. It could be an active retirement where you can still engage in some social activities, grassroot leaders, religious event etc. Not idle at home and wait for time to pass.

dun forget the unplanned forced retirement where one does not need to do anything anymore, forever, ever!!! [grin][grin][grin]

this, I see a lot

The fact that most Singaporeans rely on their own savings and investment speaks about their desire to be self-reliant and self-sufficient, said Luca Griseri, Head of Nielsens Financial Services in Singapore and Malaysia.

The fact that most Singaporeans rely on their own savings and investment speaks about how practically useless the CPF scheme really is. But Luca Griseri probably doesn't have to worry about CPF - I bet he's not a PR.

dun forget the unplanned forced retirement where one does not need to do anything anymore, forever, ever!!! [grin][grin][grin]

this, I see a lot

Are you talking about the sort of retirement that makes people into someone like you, or the sort of retirement that brings them in front of someone like you? :D

So far the people I know whom boost about retirement end up going back to the workforce.

I would go fishing 3 times a week and in between walking in the parks, visit expo shows and collect free grifts ........... [bounce2]

this, I see a lot

this one is surrendered IC permanently...

The fact that most Singaporeans rely on their own savings and investment speaks about how practically useless the CPF scheme really is. But Luca Griseri probably doesn't have to worry about CPF - I bet he's not a PR.

Are you talking about the sort of retirement that makes people into someone like you, or the sort of retirement that brings them in front of someone like you? :D

more the latter.... :D:D

i should become a couch potato and watch football everyday.........lol. ^_^

I would go fishing 3 times a week and in between walking in the parks, visit expo shows and collect free grifts ........... [bounce2]

this, I see a lot

Alamak! Ppl talk about retirement in this world, u talk about retirement into other world. [rolleyes]

• Haha! 2

Talk cock leh, of cos have to rely on savings and investment income, if any. What else can we rely on?

Son

T2

• Praise 1

I wanted to but everythings soooooooooooo expensive nowadays ..... [:(]

I am one of the 78% ..... [sly]

yahoo news: 3 in 10 Singaporeans eye retiring before hitting 60 years old

And they'll rely on their savings.

According to Nielsen, 78 percent of Singaporean respondents say they plan to rely on their personal savings and investments as primary source of income after retirement.

Respondents from Singapore stood most confident about utilizing personal savings and investments as their primary source of income when retired as compared to the other countries in Southeast Asia.

The Nielsen Global Survey about Aging, which polled more than 30,000 Internet respondents in 60 countriesi, also revealed that 29 percent of Singaporean respondents plan to retire before they reach the age of 60 years.

For almost half of Singaporeans (45%) their ideal retirement age is younger than their planned/actual retirement age. In other Southeast Asian countries, even more respondents plan to have retired below the age of 60 years: Malaysia (50%) Indonesia (49%) Vietnam (44%), Thailand (33%) and The Philippines (30%).

The fact that most Singaporeans rely on their own savings and investment speaks about their desire to be self-reliant and self-sufficient, said Luca Griseri, Head of Nielsens Financial Services in Singapore and Malaysia. It presents an opportunity for financial service providers to facilitate this by offering adequate financial products that help citizens build their retirement funds early on. Information about what are the correct strategies for building a retirement nest is key, so that Singaporeans can start planning for their retirement early.

link: http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/3-10-singaporeans-eye-retiring-061700591.html

Working more than 40 over years and time to relax leow ... [smash]

Gahmen will say keep on contributing to the economy, just like Our Dear MM Lee

would rather aim to be debt free, and the choice to work or not to work. To work is to keep mind active and social network intact....not to put food on the table.

• Praise 2

With the $149,000/- RA (Retirement Account, CPF) freezed, most peoples would have to work till after 62 in order to enjoy that sum of money collecting monthly from CPF ... [grin]

DON'T forget, the goal post keeps changing. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1