Do You Want To Retire Before 60 ?

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Bro, I can relate to what you are saying. Don't want to regret in my 60s that I should have called it a day earlier to pursue other interests and purpose earlier. 

The ideal 50s is best enjoyed with some constraints that can be dialed back at one's perogative but that is easier said than done.

Totally agree

being debt free helps you make that decision better

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Very often my bosses know I dgaf and give my 2c where it’s worth and they know I can walk if I can

but I persist and try to right wrongs in what I do …and they know it. But push comes to shove, I walk when I say I’ll walk

no reason to right now hahha… so I carry on

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

It seems you have not "improved" or changed "strategy".

You refer finally meeting you in person.

I think please do kindly a word with our IT Department. You know nowadays can do virtual. No wonder you so busy last month until cannot go toilet to open No1 or No 2.

11 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Haha... Sometimes it is not money not enough but money never enough. 

Bro, money is nvr enough, accumulating neverending wealth is a fav past time in spore, we must learn when to stop and enjoy our retirement earlier, i also aiming to retire by 50 and go pursue my own interest n travelling, being single is easy for me, only concern is my aging parents but i guess we gotta take thing as it is, if worry or plan too much, then what's the point of retiring... haha.

• Praise 4

20 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

Bro, money is nvr enough, accumulating neverending wealth is a fav past time in spore, we must learn when to stop and enjoy our retirement earlier, i also aiming to retire by 50 and go pursue my own interest n travelling, being single is easy for me, only concern is my aging parents but i guess we gotta take thing as it is, if worry or plan too much, then what's the point of retiring... haha.

Wife has a fren retired zhun zhun at 50...being single is easier but also sibeh sian after a few months of nuah-ness...donno why he chose to retire early this year when still can't travel...

One ah tiong colleague of mine has a female fren in China money aplenty until donno where else to spend...wanted to buy a 911 for a change but no stock at a few dealerships there...fed-up and bought herself another SUV... she has 3 in the house now 😂

• Haha! 3

13 hours ago, RadX said:

Very often my bosses know I dgaf and give my 2c where it’s worth and they know I can walk if I can

but I persist and try to right wrongs in what I do …and they know it. But push comes to shove, I walk when I say I’ll walk

no reason to right now hahha… so I carry on

i like this mentality!! i am trying to achieve this as well, give the bosses my 2c, if they want to listen, they listen and follow my proposal, if not, I dgaf...and won't sign off or give my agreement to their plans....don't come to me!

my target is another 4-5 yrs, hence they know i am not looking at $$ promotion or position in the co...just leave me alone and let me get my job done...[laugh] and deliver their targets!!

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

i like this mentality!! i am trying to achieve this as well, give the bosses my 2c, if they want to listen, they listen and follow my proposal, if not, I dgaf...and won't sign off or give my agreement to their plans....don't come to me!

my target is another 4-5 yrs, hence they know i am not looking at $$ promotion or position in the co...just leave me alone and let me get my job done...[laugh] and deliver their targets!!

remember this, you are not beholden to the job...you die today, you are just another statistic.

But to your family, that is different...prioritize your life and not make your work your life.  Seen this too often

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Wife has a fren retired zhun zhun at 50...being single is easier but also sibeh sian after a few months of nuah-ness...donno why he chose to retire early this year when still can't travel...

One ah tiong colleague of mine has a female fren in China money aplenty until donno where else to spend...wanted to buy a 911 for a change but no stock at a few dealerships there...fed-up and bought herself another SUV... she has 3 in the house now 😂

If you retire at 50 and then stop work for a while. You will find it hard to come back again. 

My friend, he got a few property in China and also SG. We used to work in the same company, same position at different times. He retired 5 years ago at 49 and now tells me he got problem with wife and kids. It's probably good he get some work to do. But no one want him at 54 and breaking off for so long.

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, RadX said:

remember this, you are not beholden to the job...you die today, you are just another statistic.

But to your family, that is different...prioritize your life and not make your work your life.  Seen this too often

Agreed.

I always tel peeps to love what they do, not who they work for, where they’re working out of, or how much they’re paid for…

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I told my boss I don't want a promotion or more responsibilities and I don't need more money.  Just leave me alone to do my current job, which I can basically do and fulfil all requirements with about 50-60% of time and effort on my part.  So my job is quite relaxed and when both kids graduate, I will ask for part time work, maybe 3 days a week if my company allows.  At the very most 4 days a week.

Then I can have an even more relaxed time.

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, RadX said:

23 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Agreed.

I always tel peeps to love what they do, not who they work for, where they’re working out of, or how much they’re paid for…

Cannot leh. After these years. I think it is important to who you work for. 

Previous job is "The boss need you, but if you slam him. It's just a slam"

Current job is "We both need one another for the time being, comes one day, when I slam them, they will have to give in".....So I choose to work for these guys😄

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Arogab said:

If you retire at 50 and then stop work for a while. You will find it hard to come back again. 

My friend, he got a few property in China and also SG. We used to work in the same company, same position at different times. He retired 5 years ago at 49 and now tells me he got problem with wife and kids. It's probably good he get some work to do. But no one want him at 54 and breaking off for so long.

@Arogab

When you retire young at like 49 (I know of a pilot in my neighbourhood) whom did it at 50 ........ he will kaypoh around the whole neighbourhood and create problems (with his gossips) within households/ maids  and later when the kids grew up they moved out  suddenly too (dunno where) , Assuming his kids were like 18's when he retired he must have intruded too much into their lives; Even with the Estate management people too, I must say ...... they suddenly become very irritating........eg.  someone parks the car in yellow line briefly - he will take pictures and send them for action....... causes ill will unecessarily , even with NP also he will complain and complain .... haiz...... he moved out about a year back after he had a fall (wife had passed on many years ago) 

8 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Cannot leh. After these years. I think it is important to who you work for. 

Previous job is "The boss need you, but if you slam him. It's just a slam"

Current job is "We both need one another for the time being, comes one day, when I slam them, they will have to give in".....So I choose to work for these guys😄

Just like we can choose to do what we like to do, therefore can also choose who to work for or with.

most bosses are salaried men/women themselves…they can choose me so can I choose them…it’s a choice…

I choose 沧海一声笑 instead of work until “起笑”…😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

@Arogab

When you retire young at like 49 (I know of a pilot in my neighbourhood) whom did it at 50 ........ he will kaypoh around the whole neighbourhood and create problems (with his gossips) within households/ maids  and later when the kids grew up they moved out  suddenly too (dunno where) , Assuming his kids were like 18's when he retired he must have intruded too much into their lives; Even with the Estate management people too, I must say ...... they suddenly become very irritating........eg.  someone parks the car in yellow line briefly - he will take pictures and send them for action....... causes ill will unecessarily , even with NP also he will complain and complain .... haiz...... he moved out about a year back after he had a fall (wife had passed on many years ago) 

Sigh, I also agree with a little bit of sour grapes. Haha. My neighbor whom also retired quite early even goes around the with others drinking at the green. Lucky I not around.

But I like I mentioned in other thread, If I had not make my mistakes during 25 to 33, I would have retired with my friend who did it at 45. I won't be a nuisance cos I got too many things to do. Like my boss always say "Can be managed"😝

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Just like we can choose to do what we like to do, therefore can also choose who to work for or with.

most bosses are salaried men/women themselves…they can choose me so can I choose them…it’s a choice…

I choose 沧海一声笑 instead of work until “起笑”…😁

Hehe, so now I choose my bosses who are non salaried men. Cos next step is to be "non salaried" 😝

But you are more happy, you are in SG. I am always away

6 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Hehe, so now I choose my bosses who are non salaried men. Cos next step is to be "non salaried" 😝

But you are more happy, you are in SG. I am always away

Land of smiles better than land of grumpy faces no?😁

E9E3EB36-8A55-4ADC-8E14-81A504920863.jpeg

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Land of smiles better than land of grumpy faces no?😁

E9E3EB36-8A55-4ADC-8E14-81A504920863.jpeg

I have been ok with anywhere I go lah. No matter where I go, I settle down fast and no grumbles. So no worries. 

I am just tired of this damn Covid. No travel is not like me

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1