Do You Want To Retire Before 60 ?

That article is about the minimum amount for basic spendings. Some retirees could live with 1.4k per month some will need a lot higher. Go ask that push cart uncle posted by @Staff69, the uncle salary is likely less than 1.4k a month, it will be his dream to have 1.4k spending per month during his retirement. If one intend to continue driving after his retirement, not prepared to scale down his lifestyle as if he would still have a regular stream of income, of course... not enough. But there will certainly be people could continue living that way after his retirement, there are always two sides of a equation in a society. One must not use his own lifestyle to judge others, instead, one must put himself in the other persons shoes to undersyand the real situation before assessing what is realistically viable.

I always find your posts balanced n objective, looking at both sides

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

WatchMan ??

If not table wiper like me ??

Rolex is my hobby

TAble wiper was my last profession.

You table wiper meh??

(edited)

Rolex is my hobby

TAble wiper was my last profession.

You table wiper meh??

Yes i had to take over your vacant position Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Yes i had to take over your vacant positionð , brought me relief ð²ð² ð²ð²ð²

Fast Forward now .......

I honed in the smart skills & outsource the job to @angcheek 𤣠now and earn commission on his services ðð

Ya please pay me more than peanuts .
  • Praise 3

Hello I am doing a research on how individuals cope with raising their children and providing their parents at the same time. I really appreciate if you can take your time to fill out this survey and if possible, help spread to those you know who are also supporting both their children and parents. You may also share your experience and situation here as your inputs will greatly affect our outcome. Thank you!

Link to the survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSetkiXB-cs6nYJ59mTQfd6zAMe0emkdK1MPdQD3wLhOQ8Vjww/viewform?usp=sf_link

On 6/22/2019 at 8:38 PM, Throttle2 said:

I am not retired

I am unemployed

Damn sad

Can’t beat me hor. I’m retired and employed. Even sadder. 

• Haha! 4

Pui eh, Covid now, your transport business in geylang, valet chicken from lorong to lorong boh liow, I thot you took over from Chap Peh Hang, Ah Seng as the new Orh quee tow, Lor 18, no 20? 

Edited by Mazdaowner
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 2/26/2014 at 2:22 PM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I would go fishing 3 times a week and in between walking in the parks, visit expo shows and collect free grifts ........... [bounce2]

There's a limit to that. 3 weeks and most people would be done with that lifestyle. I just met an old fella i first knew when i started working. His last post was MD of a big oil company and wealthy. I was in his taxi. He said driving a cab gave him a structure to be away from the house and talk to people with no expectations.

• Praise 3

10 hours ago, Karoon said:

There's a limit to that. 3 weeks and most people would be done with that lifestyle. I just met an old fella i first knew when i started working. His last post was MD of a big oil company and wealthy. I was in his taxi. He said driving a cab gave him a structure to be away from the house and talk to people with no expectations.

This was what I did after retirement for almost 4 months before been re-employed .....  :meaw:

Times really passes by very fast and before you knew it, 3 1/2 months gone. If not for the good salary offered (at my age), I would have continue the way it is.  [sunny]

• Praise 3

On 2/26/2014 at 1:42 PM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I wanted to but everythings soooooooooooo expensive nowadays ..... [:(]

I am one of the 78% ..... [sly]

yahoo news: 3 in 10 Singaporeans eye retiring before hitting 60 years old

And they'll rely on their savings.

According to Nielsen, 78 percent of Singaporean respondents say they plan to rely on their personal savings and investments as primary source of income after retirement.

Respondents from Singapore stood most confident about utilizing personal savings and investments as their primary source of income when retired as compared to the other countries in Southeast Asia.

The Nielsen Global Survey about Aging, which polled more than 30,000 Internet respondents in 60 countriesi, also revealed that 29 percent of Singaporean respondents plan to retire before they reach the age of 60 years.

For almost half of Singaporeans (45%) their ideal retirement age is younger than their planned/actual retirement age. In other Southeast Asian countries, even more respondents plan to have retired below the age of 60 years: Malaysia (50%) Indonesia (49%) Vietnam (44%), Thailand (33%) and The Philippines (30%).

“The fact that most Singaporeans rely on their own savings and investment speaks about their desire to be self-reliant and self-sufficient,” said Luca Griseri, Head of Nielsen’s Financial Services in Singapore and Malaysia. “It presents an opportunity for financial service providers to facilitate this by offering adequate financial products that help citizens build their retirement funds early on. Information about what are the correct strategies for building a retirement nest is key, so that Singaporeans can start planning for their retirement early.

link: http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/3-10-singaporeans-eye-retiring-061700591.html

Working more than 40 over years and time to relax leow ... [smash]

10 hours ago, Mazdaowner said:

Pui eh, Covid now, your transport business in geylang, valet chicken from lorong to lorong boh liow, I thot you took over from Chap Peh Hang, Ah Seng as the new Orh quee tow, Lor 18, no 20? 

• Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

I am not retired.

I am just feeling very tired.

Same here, come to work, wake up damn sianz. Boh pian, need the money to save for retirement. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Mazdaowner said:

Same here, come to work, wake up damn sianz. Boh pian, need the money to save for retirement. 

Jia You, you

Jia you, me.

Save money save money, retire retire. 

↡ Advertisement