Do You Want To Retire Before 60 ?

No I want to retire when I am 67!

:D

I want to rub young ladies body as long as I can 

or as long as got blood in my fingers.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

My father retired in his 50s. I see him too bored at home. I bought some plants to keep him active. His past time now is sitting at coffee shops and taking buses or going to libraries.

My mother still works part time to keep herself occupied although she does not need the salary.

I will clear all my loans by 53 and the passive income should be able to sustain my lifestyle. I keep my option open but I'm starting to lower my pace in my job.

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Did you find purpose and fulfillment in retirement? 

i am troubling with this too ... what to do after retire too early?

but .... sooner better than later leh ... 50 blink an eye ..... 60 blink an eye ... 70 ...

i find 50 to 70 is the best retirement years ... 70 to 80 life is slowing down and "body issue" start to emerge ... after 80 if still have an "able" body = bonus liao ... 

if retire at 60 means cutdown the "best" 10 years which is 50-60 to really see the world from a different perspective ... best is worry free from work

unlike now work like dog, jam pack schedule go for 7-10 days vacation (with constant whatsapp msg) and then chop chop come back to work

2021-09-25_213747.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

but .... sooner better than later leh ... 50 blink an eye ..... 60 blink an eye ... 70 ...

i find 50 to 70 is the best retirement years ... 70 to 80 life is slowing down and "body issue" start to emerge ... after 80 if still have an "able" body = bonus liao ... 

if retire at 60 means cutdown the "best" 10 years which is 50-60 to really see the world from a different perspective ... best is worry free from work

unlike now work like dog, jam pack schedule go for 7-10 days vacation and then chop chop come back to work

2021-09-25_213747.jpg

There is never a best time to retire.

It really depends on a lot of issues:

1. Financially are you able to retire and planned to live until 70 or 80 or beyond. Basically you can retire even without being financially able but just be a street-sleeper literally living from hand to mouth.

2. If you are happy with your job and look forward to going to work (not because you want to meet the new XMM), then why retire or you could arrange to do to part-time if your job allows.

3. What does retirement meant to you and not what others meant? Does it mean doing nothing for the rest of life? Or you switch to do volunteer work? Or just be an a r s e moderator only to live from ban to ban? 

5. Retirement requires ahead planning. Not like going to the museum on the day you choose. This is a life changing event because at your age eg late 40s or early 50s to get back your job is near impossible with similar salary.

6. May be not retirement but perhaps a break from work for a short while then energize to go back to work. In between something may happen, who knows, you may be invited to tea party and see you at next election.

7. Basically, with individuals living longer, better healthcare, money no enough, retirement is different from yesteryears. Instead you really got to plan and make provisions for all eventualities because unless you still are special with earning power, it may "bankrupt" you.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, awhtc said:

My father retired in his 50s. I see him too bored at home. I bought some plants to keep him active. His past time now is sitting at coffee shops and taking buses or going to libraries.

My mother still works part time to keep herself occupied although she does not need the salary.

I will clear all my loans by 53 and the passive income should be able to sustain my lifestyle. I keep my option open but I'm starting to lower my pace in my job.

Good for you

4 hours ago, awhtc said:

Clear your loan the earlier the better.

Now you are merely working (time and effort) for someone else pocket. 

"Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.”

• Praise 2

This thread started in 2014 and now it’s 2021 , was back then 55 and now 60,,65 67 ……govts all over the world are just toying around the repackaged numbers ; Good old days was set at the number 55 ….. and same with bank loans too ……. Now all are tweaking it up and upwards …..same with CPF too ……….. who knows next change or Akan Datang will be the age of senior citizens from 60 to 65 …… even lower maid levy changed from 65 to 67 too …….No End Game !! 

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, BanCoe said:

This thread started in 2014 and now it’s 2021 , was back then 55 and now 60,,65 67 ……govts all over the world are just toying around the repackaged numbers ; Good old days was set at the number 55 ….. and same with bank loans too ……. Now all are tweaking it up and upwards …..same with CPF too ……….. who knows next change or Akan Datang will be the age of senior citizens from 60 to 65 …… even lower maid levy changed from 65 to 67 too …….No End Game !! 

End game is ours to decide and make.  
since 2014 to now, has your financial position improved 

by how much

and if not, why?

We need to chart our own paths

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

End game is ours to decide and make.  
since 2014 to now, has your financial position improved 

by how much

and if not, why?

We need to chart our own paths

Yup!

Moving target means moving strategies too. And as long as you are financially independent , you are gd to go.

The next part is of course, meeting me

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, RadX said:

Yup!

Moving target means moving strategies too. And as long as you are financially independent , you are gd to go.

Today 5 people can meet you , tomorrow capped at 2 🤣

• Haha! 3

6 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Today 5 people can meet you , tomorrow capped at 2 🤣

You want to book ur place first ?

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, RadX said:

Yup!

When I use up the last dollar in my cpf...im good to go...in fact I better go...to avoid implicate the next gen or garment...I declared independence long long time ago...hope garment don't taichi my withdrawal...😁

• Haha! 2

11 hours ago, mersaylee said:

When I use up the last dollar in my cpf...im good to go...in fact I better go...to avoid implicate the next gen or garment...I declared independence long long time ago...hope garment don't taichi my withdrawal...😁

Unker ! Steady lah …… can share share 🤣

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Share simi? Debt ai mai? 😁

Kenna caught [:p]  with Excess Credit now change storey to Debit [smash]........     😂

• Haha! 1

On 9/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, Wt_know said:

unlike now work like dog, jam pack schedule go for 7-10 days vacation (with constant whatsapp msg) and then chop chop come back to work

2021-09-25_213747.jpg

Bro, I can relate to what you are saying. Don't want to regret in my 60s that I should have called it a day earlier to pursue other interests and purpose earlier. 

The ideal 50s is best enjoyed with some constraints that can be dialed back at one's perogative but that is easier said than done.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4